• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Fox's design is pretty much the same, I don't see why they'd change Wolf's, plus that'd create inconsistencies between him, fox and falco
SFZ is a re imagining of 64. While yes this does allow them to have creative license with this interpretation most characters (and those we have seen so far) would likely be either their 64 or 64 3D versions. Wolf looks different from 64 to 64 3D, and of course they both look heavily different compared to Assault. They may keep both looks or he may just be the new look. Either way I think the least likely scenario would be he only keeps his Assault/Brawl look (unless in the unlikely event they use his assault model for SFZ).

Fox from Brawl looks more like his new SFZ version than his 64 or GameCube Era designs hence why it's not really changed in his Smash 4 version. Besides the texture on his skin Fox essentially already represents his SFZ look. Falco is harder to say since we haven't seen his artwork or model in-game minus the face.

Edit: Re: K. Rool. Not impossible but unlikely as discussed already in the last 5 or so pages. Snake's already a long shot at this point but you may have to go back 10 pages or so. Inkling is same boat as K.Rool but still more likely.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
SFZ is a re imagining of 64. While yes this does allow them to have creative license with this interpretation most characters (and those we have seen so far) would likely be either their 64 or 64 3D versions. Wolf looks different from 64 to 64 3D, and of course they both look heavily different compared to Assault. They may keep both looks or he may just be the new look. Either way I think the least likely scenario would be he only keeps his Assault/Brawl look (unless in the unlikely event they use his assault model for SFZ).

Fox from Brawl looks more like his new SFZ version than his 64 or GameCube Era designs hence why it's not really changed in his Smash 4 version. Besides the texture on his skin Fox essentially already represents his SFZ look. Falco is harder to say since we haven't seen his artwork or model in-game minus the face.

Edit: Re: K. Rool. Not impossible but unlikely as discussed already in the last 5 or so pages. Snake's already a long shot at this point but you may have to go back 10 pages or so. Inkling is same boat as K.Rool but still more likely.
So who's next for DLC WAVE 4:Wolf,Isaac maybe a promotion like Roy
Maybe a new Star Wolf member introduced in SFZ but DLC before the release of SFZ,maybe Leon or Krystal for Star Fox or maybe Eliwood or Leif from FE,maybe Snake could come back(I mean we have Ryu)
ESTEBAN TELL US PLEZ

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
We have had directs revealed less than 24 hours before they happened. I am 90% sure a Nintendo Direct will happen in August, but I think that rumor is fake. But if it is real, the hype train will be rebuilt after its recent crash, and everyone will hop onto it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!111!1!!one!!!!12221111122000039183321!!!!!!!13kkgkk!!!!kfkgkkqsgggppmgh!!!```,,ngqw!!!exclamationpoint!!!!1212!!!!

That is technically spam, sorry bout that m8s.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
But if it is real, the hype train will be rebuilt after its recent crash, and everyone will hop onto it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE WILL RIDE IT INTO THE SUN

DIVE STRAIGHT INTO THE NEBULA OF THE SUN'S CORE AND COMBUST IN BLUE FLAMES,AND EXPLODE IN THE HYPE

BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, this is just super awesome of them.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
I have a (probably not new) question about Wolf: How many of Wolf's supporters actually mained him in Brawl/Project M?

I personally didn't main Wolf, but I still want him back, because he was an unique character, we need more villains in Smash and cutting him made less sense than the other cuts.
I mained wolf in brawl since day 1. I actually mained meta knight too (but you can imagine how that went with friends not enjoying that, so I went all wolf). I've even picked up Project M to play Wolf and characters that I missed from Brawl, and it's been a lot of fun.
I'm no PM elitist or anything but I do indeed hope that Wolf has some cool setups in sm4sh if he's added.

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
I hope to god they fix his sweetspot on his up-b, everything else can stay. Also the lack of chain grabs makes him even stronger.

YOU CAN'T CAGE HIM FOREVER SAMURAI

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Glad the Direct rumor is fake, because as I tend to often say, it would have felt like E3 2015 where they rehashed most games we already knew about. I need my crunchy announcements and surprises in a Direct.

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but when Sakurai said the rest of the dlc will be fan service, some people tend to forget that putting Wolf in the game IS fan service.

I still find it weird that Wolf wasn't a pre-ballot character (assuming pre-ballot is over)... all other popular veterans without any issues were pre-ballot too. Luckily he is popular enough to be picked as ballot character.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I still find it weird that Wolf wasn't a pre-ballot character (assuming pre-ballot is over)... all other popular veterans without any issues were pre-ballot too. Luckily he is popular enough to be picked as ballot character.
Actually, even worse, some like Roy actually has issues (Another character of same name, 2nd Marth (semi)clone), but he still got in.

DLC WAVE 4:Wolf,Isaac,Saffron City 64,Sector Z 64,Voice Change Option,Replay Posting Option for 3DS
All of these seems too good to actually happen tho...

Actually, even worse, some like Roy actually has issues (Another character of same name, 2nd Marth (semi)clone), but he still got in.

All of these seems too good to actually happen tho...
Ness having Lucas's specials as customs could also count as an issue, which would mean that Mewtwo was the only one without any issues.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm still fully convinced Wolf's gonna get in. There's just too much evidence hinting towards his inclusion, and he's arguably the most logical choice of a veteran to return.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Directs are usually announced a day or two before they happen.

They also never get leaked.
Yeah, most, if not all Nintendo Directs are usually announced a day more or more prior to them, not to mention the leaks all extremely easy to make since they're just plain text.

Don't trust a leak until it's confirmed. That's my advice, personally.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
If Ness having Lucas's specials as customs wasn't a problem, it certainly isn't the this time, especially since Fox only has one of Wolf's specials as a custom move.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Meh. Actually, what kind of problem is it to have specials as customs anyway? Lucas' specials are literally Ness' with alternate effects, so it isn't weird at all make them Ness' custom, assuming Lucas (and the wave 2 dlc) is not planned during the development.

Same said for Wolf, except some of them are really of a different personality (Claw Blaster, Wolf Shoot, Reflector), so they are either given a referential variation (Mega Drill), or not taken consideration at all.

Btw, a while before the sudden announcement of Mii costumes, I was bored after making the Wolf recolors so I cropped out the image the same way and made a character-box-thing-that-appears-in-official-site version of it. This is no way original, I've seen too much people having this done way earlier, but I just wanted to try. Though the Mii costume just made stuff more worrying, so I decided to save it for later.

Meh. Actually, what kind of problem is it to have specials as customs anyway? Lucas' specials are literally Ness' with alternate effects, so it isn't weird at all make them Ness' custom, assuming Lucas (and the wave 2 dlc) is not planned during the development.
It's not a real problem, but neither is Roy sharing a name with another character in the game. Most just though they were problems prior to confimations of Lucas and Roy.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the Mario Kart 8 Direct a while ago not even announced at all? You know the one they had where they revealed the last few characters? I don't remember that getting announced, I just remember waking up and everyone was freaking out.

Anyway, I guess this is irrelevant now, because the rumor is fake.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, this is just super awesome of them.
Another reason I am proud to be a member of Roy's Boys too. He's my secondary, at least until Wolf shows back up.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Does anyone think Wolf is coming later because of his codecs in lylat cruise? I know it wouldnt be difficult to port, but does take a little more work. Plus, the possibility of using his 3ds voice as well for both Usa and Japan.
Edit: Wolf's smash taunts from brawl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIjozM_ssM

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Does anyone think Wolf is coming later because of his codecs in lylat cruise? I know it wouldnt be difficult to port, but does take a little more work. Plus, the possibility of using his 3ds voice as well for both Usa and Japan.
It's very possible. Especially because the part when Slippy states "Wow, those two [Falco and Wolf] are really itching to fight!" hints they are both unlockable characters. Obviously, this is no longer the case. But fixing the codec is alone a good reason to add Wolf back in.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The codec part never occurred to me at all but now that you mentioned it, it is possible. But if they choose to bring Wolf back but not his codec for that stage is fine by me. And I'd rather they reuse his voice clips from Brawl because he sounds more badazz than having a cheesy British accent.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic

...What do you mean I'm not supposed to do that?
I lol´ed

Anyone else refreshing reddit, smashboards and youtube, just to get information about the nintendo direct date? D:

Last edited:
Top Bottom