• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

StormC

Smash Hero
As the article says, Wario was the next in line, actually.
Which makes sense to me. In my mind, Wario, Diddy and Dedede are the biggest characters in terms of missing inclusions.

Arguably Banjo-Kazooie too, but y'know.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I started to play brawl and my first reaction to how different the controls were (warning pic is seziure inducing)
and now i know what i want changed with Wolf:
  • fix animations for throws, they look unfinished
  • Make Wolf Flash not ledge snap when its above the ledge
  • make the blaster a bit more powerful instead of doing 6%
  • allow him to crawl
  • have Nair connect better
  • I hope they remember to get rid of Wolf's detachable arm
  • this is a complaint for a few characters, when making a new idle animation that's taken off of an already existing model, get rid of the old animation completely. If you don't know what I mean, for a split second Wolf does Fox's idle animation in SSBB, this also applies to Sheik and Yoshi and other characters who take the base model off already existing characters in ssb4, prime example is when picking up small items.
    here a list of them:
    Yoshi
    Sheik
    Dr. Mario
    Lucas
    Roy
  • make F-tilt a shield breaker like Ryu's (i'm really not sure on this one)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It felt weird playing Brawl again after Sm4sh came out, especially when I couldn't figure out the controls with the Classic Controller, but I had to do it for Wolf. I would do it again if I want to.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
To Mr Im trolling and havent been banned yet. The point of highlighting Doctor Mario is that if someone as nonsense as him can come back after like a decade then Wolf has a much greater chance of coming back.

There's no hard evidence that Dedede was ever on the table in Melee.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/
I'm pretty sure Sakurai has wanted Dedede along with Melee in since 64, its on one of the smash wiki's

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Sakurai has wanted Dedede along with Melee in since 64, its on one of the smash wiki's
Everything I linked in that article is valid and sourced. Smash wikis aren't valid sources.

The article mentions that he wanted Dedede in 64, but there's no evidence that was the case for Melee.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, it is quite boring waiting for the next Nintendo Direct, though I am sure you all feel the same way. If you all don't mind, I'd like to share how I feel about waiting for the next Direct in the form of a video.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think it would be so ignorant not to include Wolf in Super Smash Brothers! He's the main villain of the Star Fox series cutting him is stupid. #FreeWolf

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Everything I linked in that article is valid and sourced. Smash wikis aren't valid sources.

The article mentions that he wanted Dedede in 64, but there's no evidence that was the case for Melee.
While there might not be any evidence for it since we know he was at least in mind for 64 and then included in Brawl does suggest he probably was at some point. He did make the Kirby series so its unlikely the thought didnt cross his mind even if it didnt say so publicly.

I think it would be so ignorant not to include Wolf in Super Smash Brothers! He's the main villain of the Star Fox series cutting him is stupid. #FreeWolf
For the purposes of Smash he is the Villian Rep among other roles, although he isn't really the Main Villian of the series overall.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
To Mr Im trolling and havent been banned yet. The point of highlighting Doctor Mario is that if someone as nonsense as him can come back after like a decade then Wolf has a much greater chance of coming back.

and dark pit?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I started to play brawl and my first reaction to how different the controls were (warning pic is seziure inducing)
  • allow him to crawl
  • this is a complaint for a few characters, when making a new idle animation that's taken off of an already existing model, get rid of the old animation completely. If you don't know what I mean, for a split second Wolf does Fox's idle animation in SSBB, this also applies to Sheik and Yoshi and other characters who take the base model off already existing characters in ssb4, prime example is when picking up small items.
    here a list of them:
    Yoshi
    Sheik
    Dr. Mario
    Lucas
    Roy
Make Side-B meteor smash
and dark pit?
He is an actual clone,literally

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, it is quite boring waiting for the next Nintendo Direct, though I am sure you all feel the same way. If you all don't mind, I'd like to share how I feel about waiting for the next Direct in the form of a video.

I'm a patient man. Besides, I've got a lot of **** to keep me busy between now and the next Direct.
I feel ya, though.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Me at Gamestop the other day:

Employee: Are you interested in preordering Star Fox Zero of Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Me: If I preorder Star Fox do I get free Wolf DLC for Smash Bros?

Employee: I don't think Wolf is coming back.

Me: ...

Eh, it was worth a try xDD

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
You guys might know this already, but...
#

You can sorta see Wolf on this box art.
Wolf confirmed.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
You guys might know this already, but...
#

You can sorta see Wolf on this box art.
Wolf confirmed.
Wolf's already been confirmed to come back by Platinum and you also see him in some of the footage from E3, well his ship and the W letter anyway havent seen any of him directly yet.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
  • allow him to crawl
    here a list of them:
    Yoshi
    Sheik
    Dr. Mario
    Lucas
    Roy
A few points:
  • Wolf's throw animations look unfinished? You need to explain this one a bit, because they looked very polished. At least my memory is telling me so.
  • I don't know if Wolf crawling is really warranted, but ok.
  • His Nair should be changed entirely, to something along the lines of Falco.
  • I don't remember seeing anything like Wolf having Fox's idle animations, but I never really took the time to examine it.
  • Eh, I like his current Ftilt. Not saying it can't have that change, though. Any slight buffs are welcome.
In his current form, Wolf is pretty much good to go. Just a few slight modifications are needed and he'll be ready to make the transition to Smash 4.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

They are sourcing a post that was BS. I tracked down and talked to the source of that information, and they told me it's not true. There's no direct proof that he was strongly considered or planned. It would make sense, but Sakurai's never said it AFAIK.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
@ SuperNintendoKid SuperNintendoKid @ shane3x shane3x
Oh it does,I havent played Brawl/Project M in a while
I assume Smash 4 Wolf Flash will no longer make Wolf helpless after which would improive his recovery and being able to attempt to use it for MS and other potential uses.

Does Fox go into helpless using Wolf Flash Custom or no? If not wouldnt see any reason why Wolf's would when he comes back.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I assume Smash 4 Wolf Flash will no longer make Wolf helpless after which would improive his recovery and being able to attempt to use it for MS and other potential uses.

Does Fox go into helpless using Wolf Flash Custom or no? If not wouldnt see any reason why Wolf's would when he comes back.
Did fox and Falco's side Bs leave them helpless in brawl? Fox's wolf flash leaves you helpless for about half a second and than you can do whatever you want (Airiels and specials) besides another wolf flash.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Did fox and Falco's side Bs leave them helpless in brawl? Fox's wolf flash leaves you helpless for about half a second and than you can do whatever you want (Airiels and specials) besides another wolf flash.
Yup. Fox Illusion and Falco Phantasm caused helplessness in Brawl.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
A few points:
  • Wolf's throw animations look unfinished? You need to explain this one a bit, because they looked very polished. At least my memory is telling me so.
  • I don't know if Wolf crawling is really warranted, but ok.
  • His Nair should be changed entirely, to something along the lines of Falco.
  • I don't remember seeing anything like Wolf having Fox's idle animations, but I never really took the time to examine it.
  • Eh, I like his current Ftilt. Not saying it can't have that change, though. Any slight buffs are welcome.
In his current form, Wolf is pretty much good to go. Just a few slight modifications are needed and he'll be ready to make the transition to Smash 4.
Some thing about Wolf's throws, once he's done a throw he just snaps back to his idle animation, looks really bad, he laso seems to defy gravity a bit too much (the F- throw is the only one that looks okay).

Also yes his idle animation is Fox's for a second, a way to tell this is by ducking in rapid succesion or landing after jumping and you'll see what i mean.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some thing about Wolf's throws, once he's done a throw he just snaps back to his idle animation, looks really bad, he laso seems to defy gravity a bit too much (the F- throw is the only one that looks okay).

Also yes his idle animation is Fox's for a second, a way to tell this is by ducking in rapid succesion or landing after jumping and you'll see what i mean.
He was the last character that got made iirc. Makes sense really

Top Bottom