• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Speed is like that character trope I hate so much: acting all mysterious instead of just spilling the beans and saving everyone a buncha heartache.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
For anyone who cares, the places these envelopes were delivered to are in order:

Issac
King K. Rool
Roy
Ryu
Bandana Dee
Shantae
Wolf

Why they were delivered in this order, I don't know.

Whether it was done in the order they come in, or just done randomly, it's not too important and may not even mean anything.

The first 3 were done within a minute of each other.

5 hours later, Ryu and B. Dee get an envelope.

10 minutes later, Shantae gets one and 4 minutes later Wolf gets one.

The 10 & 4 minute delay may be due to replies to the B. Dee thread after they received an envelope.

On the Shantae thread, the text "I don't even know this character...But um, I can't deny the odds here..." is posted.

And here it says "and finally..." hinting that this is the last envelope to be delivered.

There are also other mysterious posts on the Issac and B. Dee threads as well like "Who says it's "false hope"...? Perhaps you're just taking it the wrong way."

And "That's for you guys to figure out." in response to "Why did you post a smash letter on both this thread and the k rool one?"

In total, 7 character threads received this envelope.

Looking at these characters, all of them are either hugely popular characters, have data backing them up, or are 99.9% guaranteed to be in the game in the first place.

There are 3 potential outcomes to this:

1) These are hints at DLC (best outcome, but most unlikely)

2) A wishlist/DLC guesses/showing support for these characters.

3) It's all a big troll move and means absolutely nothing (worst outcome, but most likely)

Like I do with all leaks and rumors, I'll keep my eye on it, but my opinion on it is neutral.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
For anyone who cares, the places these envelopes were delivered to are in order:

Issac
King K. Rool
Roy
Ryu
Bandana Dee
Shantae
Wolf

Why they were delivered in this order, I don't know.

Whether it was done in the order they come in, or just done randomly, it's not too important and may not even mean anything.

The first 3 were done within a minute of each other.

5 hours later, Ryu and B. Dee get an envelope.

10 minutes later, Shantae gets one and 4 minutes later Wolf gets one.

The 10 & 4 minute delay may be due to replies to the B. Dee thread after they received an envelope.

On the Shantae thread, the text "I don't even know this character...But um, I can't deny the odds here..." is posted.

And here it says "and finally..." hinting that this is the last envelope to be delivered.

There are also other mysterious posts on the Issac and B. Dee threads as well like "Who says it's "false hope"...? Perhaps you're just taking it the wrong way."

And "That's for you guys to figure out." in response to "Why did you post a smash letter on both this thread and the k rool one?"

In total, 7 character threads received this envelope.

Looking at these characters, all of them are either hugely popular characters, have data backing them up, or are 99.9% guaranteed to be in the game in the first place.

3) It's all a big troll move and means absolutely nothing (worst outcome, but most likely)

Like I do with all leaks and rumors, I'll keep my eye on it, but my opinion on it is neutral.
0.o

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Speed is secretly the one behind the Gematsu leak.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking about what equipment Wolf would have access to, if he makes it as a playable character...

Basically, Wolf would use the exact same equipment as Fox and Falco, with only one exception in that he'd also be able to use the Fake Nails equipment.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Oh, please. People like you are the reason I made the comment in the first place. You guys are saying his job is so hard, but if say a surgeon messed up the way Sakurai does, that person would be on the line to lose their job and wouldn't have the same fanfare about them. At this point, when people legitimately try and defend Sakurai, they should really evaluate how they treat other workers when they mess up.

Also, I hope you do know this game is a glorified fan service fighting game. So, sakurai should do a better job in listening and making things happen. Sakurai is LUCKY he has fans in the first place to be slaving over. People say we should be grateful for his services and I ask why? He's in the business for him to deliver goods for the consumer and thus be grateful that we buy the game. We shouldn't have to be grateful for putting in work into contents that can get old quickly. I feel as though that has been lost in translation and thus he focuses on minute details instead of the big picture.

I don't know where this "Praise Sakurai" sentiment started, but it needs to stop or else we'll start praising him for evertyhing, which can give an inflated negative ego.
Oh, please. People like you are the reason why this world can't have good things. Sakurai's job is not necessarily hard, but running a game like this is like being the Emperor of a Kingdom. Not very easy. Also comparing him to a surgeon is a bad idea. If he does a mistake, he still can have time to fix it, apologize and improve. If one Emperor/President would step down on one single error, well why are there still Presidents?

Small sidenote here, no workers shouldn't be treated this extremely. Reevaluate your evaluation dude.

Also, I hope you do know this game is not much of a "glorified fan service" game. Sure it does involve fan service, but again, logic and principality may need to be prioritized above that. The developer finds some free time to do stuff. They do the said stuff. Then they get blamed for creating something extra. Fan service sure matter, but when limitations are a thing, you can't really blame much. You're being like those super-demanding users on sites, complaining then begging stuff to creators. Sure, Sakurai would be Lucky (not only lucky, but still) to have fans, but it's not a necessity for him to slave for their fans. You're talking like slavery should be be praised in the first place. This is a situation where Developers give stuff to fans, fans give support back to Developers. This should be a Win-win situation to both developers and customers, not customer constantly whipping(weeping) at the devlopers, threatening them to make them good stuff. Fan service doesn't work this way.

I don't know where you came with the "Praise Sakurai" idea, but it should be obvious enough by this point that we are not praising Sakurai, but showing how you ignorant customers should stop trying to complain because you're not satisfied, because in a realistic world like this, Absolute Satisfaction is impossible. These are the ones that needed to stop.

@ themasterofcircuits themasterofcircuits Same here. I didn't quite like how Krystal was forcibly added into the Star Fox team, and random stuff that happened afterwards.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Speed just confirmed that the letters are for people she expects to get into smash,
Well that means back to the waiting game.
This doesn't surprise me.

#2 of my possible scenarios is what this was all along.

Funny because that Shantae news article on the home page kind of gave it some credibility.

Of course that "see you in smash" sentence in that tweet is probably just a troll move more than anything.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Oh, please. People like you are the reason why this world can't have good things. Sakurai's job is not necessarily hard, but running a game like this is like being the Emperor of a Kingdom. Not very easy. Also comparing him to a surgeon is a bad idea. If he does a mistake, he still can have time to fix it, apologize and improve. If one Emperor/President would step down on one single error, well why are there still Presidents?

Small sidenote here, no workers shouldn't be treated this extremely. Reevaluate your evaluation dude.

Also, I hope you do know this game is not much of a "glorified fan service" game. Sure it does involve fan service, but again, logic and principality may need to be prioritized above that. The developer finds some free time to do stuff. They do the said stuff. Then they get blamed for creating something extra. Fan service sure matter, but when limitations are a thing, you can't really blame much. You're being like those super-demanding users on sites, complaining then begging stuff to creators. Sure, Sakurai would be Lucky (not only lucky, but still) to have fans, but it's not a necessity for him to slave for their fans. You're talking like slavery should be be praised in the first place. This is a situation where Developers give stuff to fans, fans give support back to Developers. This should be a Win-win situation to both developers and customers, not customer constantly whipping(weeping) at the devlopers, threatening them to make them good stuff. Fan service doesn't work this way.

I don't know where you came with the "Praise Sakurai" idea, but it should be obvious enough by this point that we are not praising Sakurai, but showing how you ignorant customers should stop trying to complain because you're not satisfied, because in a realistic world like this, Absolute Satisfaction is impossible. These are the ones that needed to stop.

@ themasterofcircuits themasterofcircuits Same here. I didn't quite like how Krystal was forcibly added into the Star Fox team, and random stuff that happened afterwards.
Well "good" is quite the subjective manner to be getting on. If good means butchering and mincing one's love for a character for the sense of "trying to fit in your image" to become something it's not is what you call "good" then I guess you may be satisfied by what I call mediocre or lazy.

An emperor? Really dude? Anyway, since he has time to adjust things and chooses not to adjust them, then he only then proves how mediocre of a developer/director he is. You see a problem and don't fix it, that spells trouble with me. That means, yes he's not a surgeon, but a lazy manager.

"Small sidenote here, no workers shouldn't be treated this extremely. Reevaluate your evaluation dude."
I'm confused by this statement because of the double negative. Do you mean no workers should be treated this harshly?

If the game wasn't a glorified fan service game, there wouldn't even be character ballot vote going on because of logic and principality made the characters not the game currently are the best and only ones fit for the game. If this isn't a fan service game, then nintendo mascots wouldn't be the ones fighting , instead it would be original (or possibly generic) fighters fitting in the same cliche tropes for a fighting game. I don't beg, I question. Working and slaving are two different things that you should learn not to use. As my own family members are actually (sex) slaves that we have been trying to get out of the business, but to use your term of "slaving" over his fans. It was not really the consumer directly causing the "enslavement", it was the poor sales of the Wii U that caused the game to be so rushed and premature. So Sakurai, believing he had to deliver (to his own possible demise though) went above and beyond for new blood (understandably so) for the fulfillment of the sales. In the process, left people who actually liked the previous game(s). Now, I'm not saying I'm bitter, but Sakurai being a "slave" is something that irks me when people say such things (like really, do you know what a slave is? I haven't seen my aunt in 10 years because of this stuff).

If developers actually give what the people want, there wouldn't be any weeping or whippings from fans. If there was some sort of comprehensive form of actual feedback, then there wouldn't be any room for weeping. Alas, that's not the case as when Sakurai wants to deliver for fans, he half hearts the project and then his fans come out from the woodwork to say something along the lines of "SEE? HE CARES". Then the people who were disappointed are then berated for not being "considerate" nor "caring" for the "enslavement" the developers went through. If your job is to feed the lions, you feed the lions, not feed them and make sure that the lions care for you. Video games is a business and you shouldn't have to care about a business and be emphatic towards it. That's actually quite nonsensical when you think about it.

"don't know where you came with the "Praise Sakurai" idea, but it should be obvious enough by this point that we are not praising Sakurai, but showing how you ignorant customers should stop trying to complain because you're not satisfied, because in a realistic world like this, Absolute Satisfaction is impossible. These are the ones that needed to stop."

Actually it's an idea that has been permeated in your speeches. Many others have this same sentiment and it completely befuddles me. The man does it to himself and then complains how hard it is for him. If it's so hard, let someone else take the reigns. What gets me is that people fall for it and then are ok with almost half worked factors in the product. This is the base for the "praise Sakurai", because people inexplicably take his side to be happy with the mediocre. To call me ignorant for seeing the man's bluff is quite the big step there big fella. Criticizing a man who said he wanted to get to the roots of the characters and make them more like their game only to NOT do so doesn't make me a complainer. I was satisfied for the past 3 games, but with this one I wasn't as I expected so much more from what he was claiming or whatever how things seemed they would be (Namco sharing it's power into the mix). Ultimately, the game is good, but it felt more hallow than previous iterations or simply wasn't living up to it's potential. I don't need absolute satisfaction (again the past 3 games were nowhere near perfect, but were fantastic in its time), but some level of it would be appreciated.

What's funny to me is that you are defending a complainer, but criticizing me for criticizing a complainer and then calling me a complainer.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well "good" is quite the subjective manner to be getting on. If good means butchering and mincing one's love for a character for the sense of "trying to fit in your image" to become something it's not is what you call "good" then I guess you may be satisfied by what I call mediocre or lazy.

An emperor? Really dude? Anyway, since he has time to adjust things and chooses not to adjust them, then he only then proves how mediocre of a developer/director he is. You see a problem and don't fix it, that spells trouble with me. That means, yes he's not a surgeon, but a lazy manager.

"Small sidenote here, no workers shouldn't be treated this extremely. Reevaluate your evaluation dude."
I'm confused by this statement because of the double negative. Do you mean no workers should be treated this harshly?

If the game wasn't a glorified fan service game, there wouldn't even be character ballot vote going on because of logic and principality made the characters not the game currently are the best and only ones fit for the game. If this isn't a fan service game, then nintendo mascots wouldn't be the ones fighting , instead it would be original (or possibly generic) fighters fitting in the same cliche tropes for a fighting game. I don't beg, I question. Working and slaving are two different things that you should learn not to use. As my own family members are actually (sex) slaves that we have been trying to get out of the business, but to use your term of "slaving" over his fans. It was not really the consumer directly causing the "enslavement", it was the poor sales of the Wii U that caused the game to be so rushed and premature. So Sakurai, believing he had to deliver (to his own possible demise though) went above and beyond for new blood (understandably so) for the fulfillment of the sales. In the process, left people who actually liked the previous game(s). Now, I'm not saying I'm bitter, but Sakurai being a "slave" is something that irks me when people say such things (like really, do you know what a slave is? I haven't seen my aunt in 10 years because of this stuff).

If developers actually give what the people want, there wouldn't be any weeping or whippings from fans. If there was some sort of comprehensive form of actual feedback, then there wouldn't be any room for weeping. Alas, that's not the case as when Sakurai wants to deliver for fans, he half hearts the project and then his fans come out from the woodwork to say something along the lines of "SEE? HE CARES". Then the people who were disappointed are then berated for not being "considerate" nor "caring" for the "enslavement" the developers went through. If your job is to feed the lions, you feed the lions, not feed them and make sure that the lions care for you. Video games is a business and you shouldn't have to care about a business and be emphatic towards it. That's actually quite nonsensical when you think about it.

"don't know where you came with the "Praise Sakurai" idea, but it should be obvious enough by this point that we are not praising Sakurai, but showing how you ignorant customers should stop trying to complain because you're not satisfied, because in a realistic world like this, Absolute Satisfaction is impossible. These are the ones that needed to stop."

Actually it's an idea that has been permeated in your speeches. Many others have this same sentiment and it completely befuddles me. The man does it to himself and then complains how hard it is for him. If it's so hard, let someone else take the reigns. What gets me is that people fall for it and then are ok with almost half worked factors in the product. This is the base for the "praise Sakurai", because people inexplicably take his side to be happy with the mediocre. To call me ignorant for seeing the man's bluff is quite the big step there big fella. Criticizing a man who said he wanted to get to the roots of the characters and make them more like their game only to NOT do so doesn't make me a complainer. I was satisfied for the past 3 games, but with this one I wasn't as I expected so much more from what he was claiming or whatever how things seemed they would be (Namco sharing it's power into the mix). Ultimately, the game is good, but it felt more hallow than previous iterations or simply wasn't living up to it's potential. I don't need absolute satisfaction (again the past 3 games were nowhere near perfect, but were fantastic in its time), but some level of it would be appreciated.

What's funny to me is that you are defending a complainer, but criticizing me for criticizing a complainer and then calling me a complainer.
Just to fix my wordings to fit up your level of comprehension, "No, workers shouldn't be treated this extremely".

I'm not sure where you're arguing for the "good" here, but if you referred to why we can't have good things, this good, yes, it is a subjective manner. But how this subjection is happening actually comes from you the over-demanding fans. There are things we can get and things we really can't get, and if you are calling things bad just for the things we can't get, this is why we can't have "good" things. "Please Understand."

I'm not sure if you also understood, but Supposing that Sakurai is the director of this franchise, yes there isn't anything wrong calling him an Emperor of a Kingdom. Or just Leader of a team for those who doesn't understand simile.

Also I don't think if we have a good consensus on the word "fan-service". If your definition of fan-service is a thing, Mario games are all fan-service games for Mario fans. In fact all sequels of games are fan-services. Smash is made initially just because it would make more sales including Nintendo stars to this game, and has remained this way. Sure he took requests from fans and added and so, but dude, your definition.

This aside, when I meant Smash isn't a fully fan-service game, I meant that it's not "everything left for fans to decide", but it *should* be "have fans request and take the most popular and plausible ones if possible (or if Sakurai wants, but there must be a reason behind this)". Also, "you question". So far I don't see anything other than you complaining Sakurai being too lazy and not listening to fans, but not questioning. For the slaving problem, I see you have seen a real slavery, but again, metaphors. I'm not quite sure about what Wii U sale things and what not, but there are fixes to come after the inevitable rush. And heck, the ballot.

Again, if developers *CAN* actually do the stuff. Tho one thing is, Sakurai is known to surprise people by the additions. The extreme amount of responses to "feeback" aside, If he actually did respond everything, he would have lost his style. Do you want hype or a regular school student council thing that just blandly responds everything? I guess you want the latter. Also for the half-hearted issue, again it's really subjective. As one who thinks Sakurai does things bad you of course think he didn't really put efforts. And for "giving it to someone else", I guess you're not really reading my responses well enough. People being disappoint are not criticized, yes we all see things Sakurai did bad. But one: He isn't perfect. two: He had limitations. The ones do get criticized is YOU, the type of people who would downright say Sakurai should step down and stop complaining because you see something disappointing.

Also you referred us fans as lions. As if we the customers and the developers are two type of species in the world, if no possibility of interaction and understanding. Good job dude. You're debunking your points "People being disappoint gets blamed for being not caring" and "Smash is a fan-service game" at once, while calling everyone including yourself a beast.

I'm also not sure where this "Criticize Sakurai" plan started. Oh well it actually began way earlier.

Again for that paragraph some of the points has been answered already, but again, "taking the mediocre and be happy with it", mediocre and happy is a subjective term. Again if you aren't too ignorant, We are not saying "Sakurai did a great job at stuff", but "Sakurai had mistake but it was understandable and you fans should really stop asking him to step down just for that". Other than that you're repeating your points.

The fact that we're all complaining about stuff. You're more complaining than criticizing. really.

And there we went off the rail.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Just to fix my wordings to fit up your level of comprehension, "No, workers shouldn't be treated this extremely".

I'm not sure where you're arguing for the "good" here, but if you referred to why we can't have good things, this good, yes, it is a subjective manner. But how this subjection is happening actually comes from you the over-demanding fans. There are things we can get and things we really can't get, and if you are calling things bad just for the things we can't get, this is why we can't have "good" things. "Please Understand."

I'm not sure if you also understood, but Supposing that Sakurai is the director of this franchise, yes there isn't anything wrong calling him an Emperor of a Kingdom. Or just Leader of a team for those who doesn't understand simile.

Also I don't think if we have a good consensus on the word "fan-service". If your definition of fan-service is a thing, Mario games are all fan-service games for Mario fans. In fact all sequels of games are fan-services. Smash is made initially just because it would make more sales including Nintendo stars to this game, and has remained this way. Sure he took requests from fans and added and so, but dude, your definition.

This aside, when I meant Smash isn't a fully fan-service game, I meant that it's not "everything left for fans to decide", but it *should* be "have fans request and take the most popular and plausible ones if possible (or if Sakurai wants, but there must be a reason behind this)". Also, "you question". So far I don't see anything other than you complaining Sakurai being too lazy and not listening to fans, but not questioning. For the slaving problem, I see you have seen a real slavery, but again, metaphors. I'm not quite sure about what Wii U sale things and what not, but there are fixes to come after the inevitable rush. And heck, the ballot.

Again, if developers *CAN* actually do the stuff. Tho one thing is, Sakurai is known to surprise people by the additions. The extreme amount of responses to "feeback" aside, If he actually did respond everything, he would have lost his style. Do you want hype or a regular school student council thing that just blandly responds everything? I guess you want the latter. Also for the half-hearted issue, again it's really subjective. As one who thinks Sakurai does things bad you of course think he didn't really put efforts. And for "giving it to someone else", I guess you're not really reading my responses well enough. People being disappoint are not criticized, yes we all see things Sakurai did bad. But one: He isn't perfect. two: He had limitations. The ones do get criticized is YOU, the type of people who would downright say Sakurai should step down and stop complaining because you see something disappointing.

Also you referred us fans as lions. As if we the customers and the developers are two type of species in the world, if no possibility of interaction and understanding. Good job dude. You're debunking your points "People being disappoint gets blamed for being not caring" and "Smash is a fan-service game" at once, while calling everyone including yourself a beast.

I'm also not sure where this "Criticize Sakurai" plan started. Oh well it actually began way earlier.

Again for that paragraph some of the points has been answered already, but again, "taking the mediocre and be happy with it", mediocre and happy is a subjective term. Again if you aren't too ignorant, We are not saying "Sakurai did a great job at stuff", but "Sakurai had mistake but it was understandable and you fans should really stop asking him to step down just for that". Other than that you're repeating your points.

The fact that we're all complaining about stuff. You're more complaining than criticizing. really.

And there we went off the rail.
Look, trying to patronize me for your double negative usage which does actually confuse onlookers doesn't make you any smarter. In fact you should stop trying to as it makes you look silly especially with the back tracking on the whole "slavery" statements. Seriously, you talk about comprehension, but you clearly don't remember when I was talking about workers getting treated (they get mistreated heavily if they mess up one time, clearly you haven't been working so long as to see something like this).

I'm not being over demanding. I probably would've been closer to satisfied if Sakurai didn't claim to be getting to the roots of characters and then didn't and if the development process didn't include Namco. With those 2 factors being included though, you can't help but wonder why Sakurai fell short of the goals he set out for people. In other words, he LIED and I was shocked how many people started saying "oh look at Sakurai and the hard work he did". No, if a person made his goals well known and couldn't live up to it when they even when they get extra help, then there's room for dissatisfaction. You're telling me that if a president of a nation (which for some reason you want to compare Sakurai to) had goals and ultimately failed at them, you wouldn't be disappointed? Would you say "oh the goals weren't realistic so it makes sense". For some reason, I highly doubt it.

Dude, my definition is seriously what it is. Fan service is when you primarily take request from fans in order so fans get satisfied. You don't work for yourself, but for the fans. Pretty much, most of businesses still running go on fan service. Since the Wii U was floundering (and the fact you don't know the full scope of the situation makes question the legitimacy of you entire argument), it was rushed and thus wasn't his best work. Being that it was rushed, whenever anybody gets all uppity or starts criticizing Sakurai too hard, the "Please Understand" comes out and thus causes people like you to say "SEE HOW HARD HE'S WORKING? HE'S SLAVING OVER YOU PEOPLE AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BE A MEANIE!"

Again, don't backtrack on me. Admit what you said was wrong and uncalled for. When you improperly say something, don't try and justify it for the sake of argument. That's a really petty thing to do.

I praise functionality and responsiveness over things like hype because in the long run, you made an investment into something and I would want my returns on that investment (in other words, it better work for a while). Hype/aesthetics can be quickly be worn down over time.

The reason I criticize the man so much is that his job is tough, no doubt, but then he says he hates it and wants to quit. He in fact quit from HAL Labs because of the "over sequelization expected in game. Now Smash is expected to get sequels, and he claims how much he hates to make sequels and also claims to hate making going through the process of making another Smash game. Tell me, would you want you emperor or president to say something like before they start to rule? Again, I highly doubt that.

I said give it to someone else long before this thread was a thing, so your responses ain't a factor at all. No, I'm disappointed and being called an over demanding fan? How so? Since the pairing of two studios should allow me to expect LESS in a game that has always offered MORE than other fighting games at the time? Please, that's nonsensical and you know it. It's funny how people then make the defense that he's not perfect and has limitations, but those imperfections made Melee, 64, and Brawl and I loved those games.

No duh we are beasts. Humans are animals and all animals can be beasts. Us being lions is a metaphor, which you like using too. It's funny, when I took you literally on your metaphor you got defensive, but when you took me seriously on mine...well I didn't really care too much. Again, we are the lions, not supposed to care how the meat gets there, but cares for the quality of meat and quantity of meat. If the meat quality really good, we won't care for the quantity, but as it stands, that's just not true for the meat at hand.

Not really trying to be redundant here, but I personally don't like a complainer to be a leader. He's a complainer plain and simple and the fact people defend a guy who says he wants to quit absolutely boggles my mind. The "praise Sakurai" stems form you who defend a dude like that. It doesn't make sense to me at all. I will keep asking for him to step down until he makes a Smash game without the barrage of complaints accustomed to his process. That won't happen so, I will ask for a step down.

No, I see you're not reading the first post correctly if you want to some the whole argument as a complaint. I legitimately pointed out what bothered me and why, yet all you did in response was try and counter with a pathos heavy perspective. Now, me using mainly ethos and logos, I went and responded as to why I made my response. You see, complaining is akin to making points and not backing them up (which I have, but maybe you haven't as you didn't know about how the Wii U was doing).

There's no "we" here. I said my point, plain and simple with others agreeing or too afraid to say it on this website because of the apologists like you lurking this site. You wanted to argue with me and thus, this became what it is now.

We don't need any arguing! Stick Together!
Playtime is over!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Such long ass responses, I didn't even bother reading the whole thing. But who am I to make such a big fuss over it.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Look, trying to patronize me for your double negative usage which does actually confuse onlookers doesn't make you any smarter. In fact you should stop trying to as it makes you look silly especially with the back tracking on the whole "slavery" statements. Seriously, you talk about comprehension, but you clearly don't remember when I was talking about workers getting treated (they get mistreated heavily if they mess up one time, clearly you haven't been working so long as to see something like this).

I'm not being over demanding. I probably would've been closer to satisfied if Sakurai didn't claim to be getting to the roots of characters and then didn't and if the development process didn't include Namco. With those 2 factors being included though, you can't help but wonder why Sakurai fell short of the goals he set out for people. In other words, he LIED and I was shocked how many people started saying "oh look at Sakurai and the hard work he did". No, if a person made his goals well known and couldn't live up to it when they even when they get extra help, then there's room for dissatisfaction. You're telling me that if a president of a nation (which for some reason you want to compare Sakurai to) had goals and ultimately failed at them, you wouldn't be disappointed? Would you say "oh the goals weren't realistic so it makes sense". For some reason, I highly doubt it.

Dude, my definition is seriously what it is. Fan service is when you primarily take request from fans in order so fans get satisfied. You don't work for yourself, but for the fans. Pretty much, most of businesses still running go on fan service. Since the Wii U was floundering (and the fact you don't know the full scope of the situation makes question the legitimacy of you entire argument), it was rushed and thus wasn't his best work. Being that it was rushed, whenever anybody gets all uppity or starts criticizing Sakurai too hard, the "Please Understand" comes out and thus causes people like you to say "SEE HOW HARD HE'S WORKING? HE'S SLAVING OVER YOU PEOPLE AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BE A MEANIE!"

Again, don't backtrack on me. Admit what you said was wrong and uncalled for. When you improperly say something, don't try and justify it for the sake of argument. That's a really petty thing to do.

I praise functionality and responsiveness over things like hype because in the long run, you made an investment into something and I would want my returns on that investment (in other words, it better work for a while). Hype/aesthetics can be quickly be worn down over time.

The reason I criticize the man so much is that his job is tough, no doubt, but then he says he hates it and wants to quit. He in fact quit from HAL Labs because of the "over sequelization expected in game. Now Smash is expected to get sequels, and he claims how much he hates to make sequels and also claims to hate making going through the process of making another Smash game. Tell me, would you want you emperor or president to say something like before they start to rule? Again, I highly doubt that.

I said give it to someone else long before this thread was a thing, so your responses ain't a factor at all. No, I'm disappointed and being called an over demanding fan? How so? Since the pairing of two studios should allow me to expect LESS in a game that has always offered MORE than other fighting games at the time? Please, that's nonsensical and you know it. It's funny how people then make the defense that he's not perfect and has limitations, but those imperfections made Melee, 64, and Brawl and I loved those games.

No duh we are beasts. Humans are animals and all animals can be beasts. Us being lions is a metaphor, which you like using too. It's funny, when I took you literally on your metaphor you got defensive, but when you took me seriously on mine...well I didn't really care too much. Again, we are the lions, not supposed to care how the meat gets there, but cares for the quality of meat and quantity of meat. If the meat quality really good, we won't care for the quantity, but as it stands, that's just not true for the meat at hand.

Not really trying to be redundant here, but I personally don't like a complainer to be a leader. He's a complainer plain and simple and the fact people defend a guy who says he wants to quit absolutely boggles my mind. The "praise Sakurai" stems form you who defend a dude like that. It doesn't make sense to me at all. I will keep asking for him to step down until he makes a Smash game without the barrage of complaints accustomed to his process. That won't happen so, I will ask for a step down.

No, I see you're not reading the first post correctly if you want to some the whole argument as a complaint. I legitimately pointed out what bothered me and why, yet all you did in response was try and counter with a pathos heavy perspective. Now, me using mainly ethos and logos, I went and responded as to why I made my response. You see, complaining is akin to making points and not backing them up (which I have, but maybe you haven't as you didn't know about how the Wii U was doing).

There's no "we" here. I said my point, plain and simple with others agreeing or too afraid to say it on this website because of the apologists like you lurking this site. You wanted to argue with me and thus, this became what it is now.

Playtime is over!
Look, I told you we've got off the rail. See how 80% of this post is about flaming me.

I also have got less into the "Slavery" thing here. I barely mentioned about using the word. You're the one bringing it back.

Just to further clarify one thing. Not that we're "not beasts", but calling us lions to be fed is like calling us to be "inhumane". If we really were to be purely fed down on meat, why would some of us still prefer the oldest kind of meat, some of Melee meats, some brawl meats, and some of manufactured meat? We have opinions, and this is why these kind of arguments happens. Simply providing good quality meat is not possible. "Good" is again a subjective word as you've said, and especially for we totally non-lion customers, nothing could satisfy all of us. I've yet too see lions to fight over like this just for the quality of their food, so be it.

Also for seeing this as a complaint, if you were really to talk about how you dislike about Sakurai (or whatever he did), then sorry, I've seen too much of these to not feel annoyed by this. I suppose this was why you decided to reply back to my initial few sentences long comment in the first place.

"I said my points, plain and simple" I also did, before this turned into a continuous essay criticizing Sakurai, then eventually the definition of "Fan-service", the choice of the word "slavery", the use of similes or metaphors, whilst attack each sides, with this kind of arguments overwhelming the number of actual arguments against Sakurai himself.

"I don't want a complainer to be a leader" Well, leaders have 1. emotions 2. limitation 3. different types. Some kinds of illness just happens to occur and I don't think anyone really wants it. When these had to happen. I guess you do want support from your fans when you are in the deepest of your hardship too. Some may really hide these kind of obstacles from their fans, but again not everyone does.

As far as I can see, your first post told me nothing about what Sakurai really did wrong (aside from complaining, and the disappointing characters) until we've talked so far. That's ok, but I don't see how these are related. Without the choice of having Namco do stuff in this game, Sakurai may still have the illness, the pressure (more of it limitation wise than feedback wise tho), and the thought of not having a sequel (Like said, this had appeared since Melee, so we don't quite know)

For arguments of "imperfections still makes me like 64, Melee and Brawl", this can be also easily said for this game, when a newer one had appeared. What happens in between is only the fact that we're getting over it. People complain Melee for being too competitive. People complain Brawl for being too imbalanced and for tripping. When these happened, the common accessory is "I like the other games too. Just what is wrong with this game". But again, it all breaks down to opinions, and I suppose I really can't downright object your opinion there. It's just... something that bothers me enough to put it here randomly. Opinions (and impressions).

There really be something wrong emotionally with me, that I feel an urge to argue against everything when I am fed up with it. Broke a few things in real life here due to this.

Again, opinions.

----
May both of us now shut the hell up about this and get back on the topic.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I found that "Victory is Mine!" gif from Assault that needs to be added to the front page if/once he's confirmed.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Breaking News: FULL DLC roster leaked! Pink Gold Peach, Toon Dark Pit, Dr. Luigi, Dry Bowser, Slippy Toad, Mercedes GLA and Subzero confirmed! Based Sakurai: "Please understand."

:troll:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'd used Dry Bowser in Mario Kart Wii sometimes.

I'd use him in this game too.

Mercedes GLA stole Duck Hunt Dog's title of ultimate troll/joke character.

That dog won't be laughing for long.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Am I the only one that really wouldn't be mad if Slippy gets in Smash? Sure, I'll be mad if he gets in over Wolf, but if Wolf is announced and they want another SF character in to promote Star Fox: Wii U, why not Slippy? He's been helping you by analyzing enemy shields since the first game and is more deserving than anyone else, imo. He'd be my second choice, after Bill of course.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Look, I told you we've got off the rail. See how 80% of this post is about flaming me.

I also have got less into the "Slavery" thing here. I barely mentioned about using the word. You're the one bringing it back.

Just to further clarify one thing. Not that we're "not beasts", but calling us lions to be fed is like calling us to be "inhumane". If we really were to be purely fed down on meat, why would some of us still prefer the oldest kind of meat, some of Melee meats, some brawl meats, and some of manufactured meat? We have opinions, and this is why these kind of arguments happens. Simply providing good quality meat is not possible. "Good" is again a subjective word as you've said, and especially for we totally non-lion customers, nothing could satisfy all of us. I've yet too see lions to fight over like this just for the quality of their food, so be it.

Also for seeing this as a complaint, if you were really to talk about how you dislike about Sakurai (or whatever he did), then sorry, I've seen too much of these to not feel annoyed by this. I suppose this was why you decided to reply back to my initial few sentences long comment in the first place.

"I said my points, plain and simple" I also did, before this turned into a continuous essay criticizing Sakurai, then eventually the definition of "Fan-service", the choice of the word "slavery", the use of similes or metaphors, whilst attack each sides, with this kind of arguments overwhelming the number of actual arguments against Sakurai himself.

"I don't want a complainer to be a leader" Well, leaders have 1. emotions 2. limitation 3. different types. Some kinds of illness just happens to occur and I don't think anyone really wants it. When these had to happen. I guess you do want support from your fans when you are in the deepest of your hardship too. Some may really hide these kind of obstacles from their fans, but again not everyone does.

As far as I can see, your first post told me nothing about what Sakurai really did wrong (aside from complaining, and the disappointing characters) until we've talked so far. That's ok, but I don't see how these are related. Without the choice of having Namco do stuff in this game, Sakurai may still have the illness, the pressure (more of it limitation wise than feedback wise tho), and the thought of not having a sequel (Like said, this had appeared since Melee, so we don't quite know)

For arguments of "imperfections still makes me like 64, Melee and Brawl", this can be also easily said for this game, when a newer one had appeared. What happens in between is only the fact that we're getting over it. People complain Melee for being too competitive. People complain Brawl for being too imbalanced and for tripping. When these happened, the common accessory is "I like the other games too. Just what is wrong with this game". But again, it all breaks down to opinions, and I suppose I really can't downright object your opinion there. It's just... something that bothers me enough to put it here randomly. Opinions (and impressions).

There really be something wrong emotionally with me, that I feel an urge to argue against everything when I am fed up with it. Broke a few things in real life here due to this.

Again, opinions.

----
May both of us now shut the hell up about this and get back on the topic.
While I do have an actual list of tings that could be written on a full list of critiques, I feel we have clogged this thread long enough. Either take this to PM or stop posting.

Also, most of the "flaming" wasn't directed at you, but if you want to take that way, be my guest.

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
Hm, well I suppose I might be a bit late to the party, but add me to that list because I want to see Wolf in Smash again!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I must've missed something here.

What was with the sudden burst of drama? I thought we came here to howl it up with our favorite pilot.

....Not that I really mind it, though. A bit of drama is always fun.:troll:

PhilosopherOfWar

Smash Rookie
@ Logo12 Logo12 Well I don't know about any of that (just glazed over those huge argument posts) but I do know that Wolf was a really awesome character in brawl, and I know he'll be even better in Smash 4 wii u. So how about we all agree to disagree and then agree that Wolf should be in Smash again?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Smash 4's mechanics alone will make Wolf better.

See: no more chain grabbing, standardized fast fall speed, no more meteor cancelling, no more edge hogging, no more helpless state from Wolf Flash, and all his smash attacks punish predictable rolling hard.

Obviously there will be some nerfs (and buffs), but the mechanic changes will help a ton regardless of what happens.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
@ themasterofcircuits themasterofcircuits You're not alone \o

@ Man Li Gi Man Li Gi (Up to this point I still mess up your name :/) "Again, don't backtrack on me. Admit what you said was wrong and uncalled for."
Unless you're talking to yourself, I don't see anyone else these can be targeted at.

@ SimonBarSinister SimonBarSinister You know, this thread runs into random topics so frequently...
A broader spectrum of people. Since these posts can read by anyone in the world, anyone who falls into said group are then affected. Again, if you want to take this further though, take it to PMs.
Smash 4's mechanics alone will make Wolf better.

See: no more chain grabbing, standardized fast fall speed, no more meteor cancelling, no more edge hogging, no more helpless state from Wolf Flash, and all his smash attacks punish predictable rolling hard.

Obviously there will be some nerfs (and buffs), but the mechanic changes will help a ton regardless of what happens.
I hope so. Also, the mechanic change will nerf his Blaster, but if that's the only nerf to Wolf.....ayyyye.

Top Bottom