• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Wolf... British? lets hope not. If I were to pick an accent I would have to give him a thug accent (If thug was an accent. Still would be weird though.).
@SG9000 I thought Shulk was Australian.
Wonder what wolf's pallet swaps would be. I couldn't begin to speculate since I have only played the versus mode of Star Fox (Wolf wasn't even unlocked), and any playthroughs I find are either incredibly boring, bad quality, or both.

Edit: I didn't see the last few posts, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.
The brawl ones plus ones based on panther and leon would be cool

rsr2

Smash Lord
Sort'of like how my tattoo looks? I feel a Black Wolf would look bad ass but I really liked the White Wolf palette on Brawl >_>

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wolf (Lylat Wars) and Shulk are both English. Wolf has a smooth, silky accent not unlike that of Jeremy Irons or Stephen Fry, commonly referred to as the BBC presenter voice; Shulk is more urban or colloquial, but you can hear it in the way both pronounce their R's and how they enunciate their respective speeches.

Believe me, Shulk is not Australian, nor is he Irish. I can personally guarantee that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wolf (Lylat Wars) and Shulk are both English. Wolf has a smooth, silky accent not unlike that of Jeremy Irons or Stephen Fry, commonly referred to as the BBC presenter voice; Shulk is more urban or colloquial, but you can hear it in the way both pronounce their R's and how they enunciate their respective speeches.

Believe me, Shulk is not Australian, nor is he Irish. I can personally guarantee that.
You're Irish so that's cheating. I personally can't tell the difference between Irish and Scottish

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You're Irish so that's cheating. I personally can't tell the difference between Irish and Scottish
There is a massive difference. Hell, there's a huge difference between people who live in the next town over, let alone another country.

But that's neither here nor there. Wolf's voice is pretty impressive either way.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, his SF64 voice was villains enough and fit that incarnation at the time, but funnily enough as his character developed in Assault to be more a bit more upstanding it became more growly and thug like. I still think it should be a cross between the two.

Speaking of voices, does anyone have any ideas of who you would pick to play him if you could choose any voice actor?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
In my opinion, his SF64 voice was villains enough and fit that incarnation at the time, but funnily enough as his character developed in Assault to be more a bit more upstanding it became more growly and thug like. I still think it should be a cross between the two.

Speaking of voices, does anyone have any ideas of who you would pick to play him if you could choose any voice actor?
So, he should be a growly, british thug?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Travis Willingham or Troy Baker.

Preferably in their more villainous roles.

So, he should be a growly, british thug?
u wot m8? i'll rek u i swear on me mum

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I thought Wolf was almost perfect the way he was in brawl. Moves, voice, etc. If I had to change him I'd make him a little faster. Kinda just hope they port him over and speed him up slightly.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I thought Wolf was almost perfect the way he was in brawl. Moves, voice, etc. If I had to change him I'd make him a little faster. Kinda just hope they port him over and speed him up slightly.
If they could polish up some animations that'd also be nice, like maybe a new running animation (Running on all fours maybe?) and a new up smash animation or new up smash altogether. I think those two look kinda strange

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
If they could polish up some animations that'd also be nice, like maybe a new running animation (Running on all fours maybe?) and a new up smash animation or new up smash altogether. I think those two look kinda strange
Running on all fours could be cool. Come to think of it, the sound he makes while doing his up smash can get kinda annoying too

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
NOES! Don't take away his scissor kick! It's too awesome to get rid of! (Even though he is defying every law of physics known to man in toing so. Oh well. Everyone does this at some point in their life.) He doesn't need to stop limping to go faster. Jus ask Duster. :p Although in all seriousness running on all fours would be cool. (It would also make him the only bipedal character to do so for obvious reasons. Can you imagine Marth trying to do that?) Wolf never felt slow to me, so I don't get why everyone says he is. (Of course my criteria was that he wasn't as slow as Ike. I even used him as a rush down character.) I probably couldn't care less about his up smash so long as it doesn't have more lag, but Knowing how Sakuri likes to keep characters relatively the same, I don't think it will get changed. Maybe the sound he makes will, but that would probably be it.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
NOES! Don't take away his scissor kick! It's too awesome to get rid of! (Even though he is defying every law of physics known to man in toing so. Oh well. Everyone does this at some point in their life.) He doesn't need to stop limping to go faster. Jus ask Duster. :p Although in all seriousness running on all fours would be cool. (It would also make him the only bipedal character to do so for obvious reasons. Can you imagine Marth trying to do that?) Wolf never felt slow to me, so I don't get why everyone says he is. (Of course my criteria was that he wasn't as slow as Ike. I even used him as a rush down character.) I probably couldn't care less about his up smash so long as it doesn't have more lag, but Knowing how Sakuri likes to keep characters relatively the same, I don't think it will get changed. Maybe the sound he makes will, but that would probably be it.
Keep the scissor kick but change he animation so it looks less...um...like it does now

Also "HOOOO" that clip is honestly the funniest thing, like, what even is that sound

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would like to see his over B changed. I think it works better in Smash 4 with Fox because you can recover after it. It might be cool to give a risk lunge slash. It would have a specific window where the attack is active, but it would hit hard.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I don't know about Wolf running on all fours(not sure if he's that feral), but his up smash is perfect the way it is. In my opinion, the only changes he needs are possibly a new Nair(that's really the only move that kinda sucks)and a new Final Smash. He's good to go otherwise.

Honestly, he doesn't need any changes other than the physics changes. Although the Wolf Flash being able to be acted out of like Fox and Falco's would be nice.
I think it would be likely for that to happen.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't know about Wolf running on all fours(not sure if he's that feral), but his up smash is perfect the way it is. In my opinion, the only changes he needs are possibly a new Nair(that's really the only move that kinda sucks)and a new Final Smash. He's good to go otherwise.

I think it would be likely for that to happen.
Oh yeah I forgot about his nair, a new one is a must although I have no idea what

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
His Neutral air? I liked that move. I can't remember if it was a multi-hit though. If it wasn't it should be.
If you hit someone with it when just starting it, it's a single hit with some knockback. If used later, it becomes a multi-hit move, sometimes not causing the enemy to flinch which might result in a counterattack against Wolf. It's weird like that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I see. So it should be a more effective multi-hit, function more like Pikachu's neutral air, or be something different entirely. Maybe like Mario's neutral air? I tend to like those moves. I know you suggested Falco's but I never liked that one.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Count me in as a supporter. I love Star Fox, I love Wolf, and I thought he was awesome to play as in Brawl. Here's hoping he comes back for Smash 4!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just so you all know, the Facebook now has over 2000 likes. I hope I can get 3000 likes for the page by the end of next week.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I see. So it should be a more effective multi-hit, function more like Pikachu's neutral air, or be something different entirely. Maybe like Mario's neutral air? I tend to like those moves. I know you suggested Falco's but I never liked that one.
Falco's can hold quite well, and it was pretty good at comboing. I know from my frequent matches against Falco with Wolf. If Wolf can do something like that, I think he's set.
I am back,

To me it sounded more like howooo.
This was more like it. Honestly, it sounds awesome when he yells it out like that.

Top Bottom