• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I would prefer to see Wolf over Falco because Wolf is bad, and being The Bad Guy of the Starfox series that's not a big face spitting space junk should guarantee his return over a sidekick, like Falco.

No, three characters is not a option, Starfox is not worthy of three characters.

Krystal should just be a Assist Trophy, she's overated.

Falco had no business being in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dude, there's no such thing as overrepping a series.
If only people thought that way for the Mario franchise.

Anyway, Falco is like a sidekick for Fox, so having Falco and Wolf be playable isn't that bad. I think people just hate one or the other for their similar specials and Final Smashes.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I would prefer to see Wolf over Falco because Wolf is bad, and being The Bad Guy of the Starfox series that's not a big face spitting space junk should guarantee his return over a sidekick, like Falco.

No, three characters is not a option, Starfox is not worthy of three characters.

What makes them worthy or not worthy? Have you played the Starfox games? Each of them have a distinct characteristics and interesting plot lines. If Nintendo put as much time in trying to popularize them as Mario and Pokemon, this would not even be a discussion.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Just one consideration.
3 reps?
It could go anywhere from 2 to 4.
either fox and (falco/wolf) or include all three, or lastly, adding Krystal (unlikely).

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724

You're a liar!

Just one consideration.
3 reps?
It could go anywhere from 2 to 4.
either fox and (falco/wolf) or include all three, or lastly, adding Krystal (unlikely).
Playing dumb Cadet Smashr

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Wolf fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Wolf is seriously lacking in votes right now and needs some more votes to make it in (same goes for Falco). I would really appreciate it if you guys helped me out by voting for him (and others) in the poll.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
On a different note, if he returns, do you think he will keep his dair spike?

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I kind of hope he doesn't have a reflector but something much different. Was wolf announced before brawls released u don't remember? I can't see him being cut but also not announced.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Wolf was leaked before Brawls release, but was not detailed on the DOJO until after the game launched.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
What is this blasphemy? One Wolf's best moves is to be cut for what reason?
I just feel like he could be even more unique in his own way and be further away from the people that think he is a clone of fox and falco.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I just feel like he could be even more unique in his own way and be further away from the people that think he is a clone of fox and falco.
Most of the people I know who say he is a clone never actually learned his differences. Just because some of his moves are similar to the other two does not make him a clone. Wolf plays a lot differently than Fox does. Though I agree about his moveset should be tweaked in a way to make him more unique.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Most of the people I know who say he is a clone never actually learned his differences. Just because some of his moves are similar to the other two does not make him a clone. Wolf plays a lot differently than Fox does. Though I agree about his moveset should be tweaked in a way to make him more unique.
Thats how I feel i just want his specials changed except for his standard B.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Wolf is my favourite Brawl character by far and the only Starfox character I remotely give a damn about, so I really hope he comes back.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
And we can give the side-b to Falco. He's a bird, after all. It only makes sense for him to go up a bit compared to Fox's just going sideways.
I was hoping Sakurai makes the side-b his up-b (except you can control it, but it is just much faster than the others). My idea for his new side-b is that wolf pulls out electro-sticky esque projectile that stuns his opponents like ZSS stun gun.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I never even considerd Wolf a clone or a semi-clone.
Anyhow..his final smash is too overpowered. The gimmick of KOing someone with a landmaster by going past the blast line is too cheap. It should be removed.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Excuse me, but aren't all FSs supposed to be OP? They are supposed to be near game breaking/changing elements to an already broken fighting game (let's be honest here. Among all the "serious" fighters existing, Smash has always been the most broken).

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Excuse me, but aren't all FSs supposed to be OP? They are supposed to be near game breaking/changing elements to an already broken fighting game (let's be honest here. Among all the "serious" fighters existing, Smash has always been the most broken).
All Final Smashes are supposed to be powerful, not to the extent where you can get up to 6 KOs powerful (three opponents, two "fly-off" deaths each).

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Wolf's Landmaster lasts 12 seconds, far too short to rack 6 KO's against a half competent opponent. 2, I don't normally play with items (unless the Basic Brawl people are playing with items).

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Never said I did play with them. I play on 0.5% damage ratio and no items. And yes, it is possible to get 6 kills. There is not much time to react or move once you are on a landmaster. If you wait under the opponents respawns, and maybe even time it right and rise even before they spawn, there is liitle they can do. 6 is the max, but agianst 3 opponents, You can expect 4 (with an occasional 5) if you are good, with human opponents, but only 3 or 4 with level 9 AI. 12 seconds (trusting you are right with thee number) is longer than you think. Try holding your breath that long (It's not difficult, but it shows you how long it truly is).

On a different note, glad to see someone else doesn't use items. With me and AIs, it's no items, 0.5%, Final Destination. As true of a skill based fight as you can get. I kind of dislike playing with friends becasue (they suck) they drag me into playing with items, 2.0%, and some moving course. "It's fun!" They say........

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Playing with .5 damage ratio is almost as bad as playing 2.0. Anyway, never said it was impossible, but highly unlikely if you're going against a decent opponent as they can easily dash off or jump or stay in the halo. I used to be on my school's swim team, so I know how long 12 seconds is, especially with adrenaline pumping.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
The halo doesn't last forever. And I do see what you mean, 6 is an accomplishment, but it is still doable.

DM1

Banned via Warnings
What if Wolf was reverted to a stage boss? And most of his unique moves were carried over to Fox/Falco?

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
What if Wolf was reverted to a stage boss? And most of his unique moves were carried over to Fox/Falco?
Simple QA session and my answer is: The crack rocks smoked up to come up with such a foul question must have been intense and plentiful as Wolf was a welcomed addition to the SSB series and making him a stage boss would be very underwhelming for character of his stature.

DM1

Banned via Warnings
Simple QA session and my answer is: The crack rocks smoked up to come up with such a foul question must have been intense and plentiful as Wolf was a welcomed addition to the SSB series and making him a stage boss would be very underwhelming for character of his stature.
So would you say he should be in over Falco then? Wolf seems to be one of the first picks when it comes to who people think isn't making a return, so I figured maybe if he doesn't make a return he could have some cool sequence where he drops down from a Starfighter and joins in the fight. It'd be better than just, y'know, leaving him as a sticker or something.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Many people also claim that Flaoc should be cut the same game as well and also say that DK should be cut and other people. In general, I really don't care for what/who people want to get cut because it's more than likely not going to happen. WOLF IS BETTER THAN FLAOC. DEAL WITH IT BRAH!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Wolf needs to stay he can fixed up to not even be a semi clone and to me he looks like an actual badass over the other villains.

KingChael

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2638-1993-9117
I definitely want wolf back. I played him in a local tournament a while ago and nothing is more satisfying than meteor smashing with the wolf flash then howl taunting.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Wolf needs to be back.
This would be such a good alternate costume for him, without the eye wear.

Top Bottom