• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Mercenary Warrior
Also someone got the Star Wolf trophy case.

Wolf looks much more detailed than the others, to me. Wolf better be DLC.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mercenary Warrior
Also someone got the Star Wolf trophy case.

Wolf looks much more detailed than the others, to me. Wolf better be DLC.
Damn, I don't think I have either one of those yet, not even Wolf. :(
I only remember that I got the Wolfen though.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Mind if I'm added to the support list please?

Wolf was one of my favorite characters in Brawl.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I just can't deal with Wolf being cut from SSB4. I'd prefer having him over Falco any time, I'd even be fine if he's going to replace Falco in the next patch, see how much I care for Falco...

Add me to the support list?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I just can't deal with Wolf being cut from SSB4. I'd prefer having him over Falco any time, I'd even be fine if he's going to replace Falco in the next patch, see how much I care for Falco...

Add me to the support list?
Pic of the day isn't the same without you and yes Wolf should have been in over Falco.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Apparently Star Wolf (Assault) is in the game too.
That makes 3 STAR WOLF THEMES, but Wolf currently isn't playable. Right now I don't care what Sakurai says about DLC, Wolf is needed to fill a hole in this game to make it more complete. Besides, what good is bringing back Mewtwo, if you're going to just cut Wolf, and attempt to make him a worse cut than Mewtwo. Mewtwo was wanted back because he was excluded from brawl. If Mewtwo had never been cut, other newcomers might have had a shot at this game. Cutting characters like Mewtwo and Wolf is a step backwards. If Wolf and Mewtwo are the only DLC characters, so be it,but Wolf is now required to be playable in this game, so I don't care if he's free if you buy both versions, or $12 on his own, Wolf must be playable in this iteration of smash. Why wait for the next smash game(if there is going to be one) to add Wolf back in, when you can add him back in right now?
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark welford

Smash Ace
That makes 3 STAR WOLF THEMES, but Wolf currently isn't playable. Right now I don't care what Sakurai says about DLC, Wolf is needed to fill a hole in this game to make it more complete. Besides, what good is bringing back Mewtwo, if you're going to just cut Wolf, and attempt to make him a worse cut than Mewtwo. Mewtwo was wanted back because he was excluded from brawl. If Mewtwo had never been cut, other newcomers might have had a shot at this game. Cutting characters like Mewtwo and Wolf is a step backwards. If Wolf and Mewtwo are the only DLC characters, so be it,but Wolf is now required to be playable in this game, so I don't care if he's free if you buy both versions, or $12 on his own, Wolf must be playable in this iteration of smash. Why wait for the next smash game(if there is going to be one) to add Wolf back in, when you can add him back in right now?
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What Sakurai is doing is unacceptable. After all of this evidence of Wolf he better be DLC or Sakurai will be hated for intentionally teasing character with content related to said character but the character is not there him/herself. To show how dedicated I am to Wolf I will not get a new profile picture until Wolf is confirmed DLC.

rsr2

Smash Lord
You shouldn't change it anyway :p

Well unless its a different picture of wolf then do it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I honestly would've preferred they brought Wolf back as DLC instead of Mewtwo since I really don't care about him or the Pokemon franchise at all.

Wolf would've definitely be one of my mains for the game.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You should've seen my face when I was looking through the music and saw this, I was so pissed

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
3........ You have got to be kidding me....... Jesus Christ......
This is purely ludicrous.
What was going through Sakurai's head.
Wolf has to come now this better not be the Roy's hope of the game.
I mean for goodness sake bring them Back!
:wolf:&:lucas:&:popo:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
What good is it to have three Star Wolf themes without THE Wolf himself? All the more reason for him to return.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
3........ You have got to be kidding me....... Jesus Christ......
This is purely ludicrous.
What was going through Sakurai's head.
Wolf has to come now this better not be the Roy's hope of the game.
I mean for goodness sake bring them Back!
:wolf:&:lucas:&:popo:
Although there weren't 3 versions of roys hope in brawl

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I find it depressing that the Star Wolf themes made the cut in the game but Wolf not playable. Never did made any sense to me though. :/

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Although there weren't 3 versions of roys hope in brawl
Plus the only other thing Roy had in brawl was a sticker. Wolf's got the most content related to him out of all the cut characters. 3 themes, trophy, codecs,his own trophy case, and Fox's Wolf Flash.Plus due to the announcement of Star Fox Wii U, Wolf's exclusion is even worse. I will not let Sakurai relax until he at least confirms that Wolf will be playable in Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. I don't care if he won't come out until June 2015, if he confirms Wolf, then all of us can relax and simply speculate on Wolf's moves. The only answer I'll pretty much accept from Sakurai is Wolf will be playable in Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS.
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
I support the idea of Wolf coming back so much. he was the most fun character to play for me in brawl and it feels extremely dumb that they cut him, a semi clone in name only (lets be honest he played so differently from the other 2 Sterfaxes with the exception of Down B and landmaster) for 3 basically pure clones.

also we absolutely have to have him say "play time is over star fox" when he beats fox like back in brawl.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Sakurai must be insane at this point. Has he even said why they even cut Wolf instead of Falco?

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai must be insane at this point. Has he even said why they even cut Wolf instead of Falco?
No, I'm assuming it's just seniority, and the fact that people got super mad we had 3 landmasters, and had to cut one.
Maybe he was planned but didn't have enough time to differentiate him enough and instead made Falco more like him.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Falco got in over Wolf because Melee fanboys suck.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Wolf was cut due to time constraints. He was also low-priority back in Brawl, so it's possible it was the same case for this game.

Also, importing music from Brawl and Assault is far easier than making a new character, even if Wolf is a returning fighter. There's of course the new remix, but plenty of them were made for this game and, Wolf or no Wolf, the Star Wolf theme is one of the most iconic songs from the Star Fox series.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think he was planned to be cut from the game from the beginning, kinda similar to how Sakurai had to choose between Ness and Lucas to make it into the final game (Assuming Gematsu was correct).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think he was planned to be cut from the game from the beginning, kinda similar to how Sakurai had to choose between Ness and Lucas to make it into the final game (Assuming Gematsu was correct).
As I've said before, he said he would try to bring back every character at E3 2013. Plus I don't think he'd just cut Wolf right off the bat, that would be pretty cruel to just not even try to bring back Wolf, he's first party after all and a villain. Plus with DLC the only thing Sakurai can do is add Wolf back in or fear the wrath of the angry fans, ( if he's stupid and doesn't add Wolf back in, he'll get devoured by a pack of really ****** off Wolves.:demon:)
Everybody wants Wolf now, so why exclude him when you can include him via DLC. Plus his exclusion was handled poorly, so Sakurai needs to rectify his error and add Wolf in.

Why wait until the next Smash Bros (if there is going to be one) to add Wolf back in, when you can add Wolf back now via DLC?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I personally believe they were cut due to time constraints or maybe it's a conspiracy to bring them both back in a dual pack
As they both share so many thing in common.
Sakurai has stated before he hates cutting characters because they all have their own fans and Fan-bases hence the on-going struggle for Ice climbers:popo: and this Guy being the biggest proof :mewtwopm: of Sakurai loving the cast plus if he were to bring them all back it's around about 60 characters.
I think these (in order have the best shots of returning)
:mewtwopm:Well I wonder why XD
:lucas:-:wolf:
:popo:
:squirtle::ivysaur:
:pichumelee:
:snake:
:roymelee:
:younglinkmelee:
Edit: Also this

Six different characters did not return from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Although Charizard returns, Pokémon Trainer, Squirtle, and Ivysaur do not. Lucas from EarthBound and Wolf from Star Fox also do not return. The Ice Climber and Metal Gear universes drop their only representatives, Ice Climbers and Snake (respectively). Of these universes, only one gets a new character, with Pokémon's Greninja.
Three returning universes also gain newcomers, with Mario adding Rosalina & Luma and Bowser Jr. as well as bringing back Dr. Mario, who did not appear in Brawl. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus also get two newcomers, with Robin and Lucina for Fire Emblem and Palutena and Dark Pit for Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I personally believe they were cut due to time constraints or maybe it's a conspiracy to bring them both back in a dual pack
Sakurai has stated before he hates cutting characters because they all have their own fans and Fan-bases hence the on-going struggle for Ice climbers:popo: and this Guy being the biggest proof :mewtwopm: of Sakurai loving the cast plus if he were to bring them all back it's around about 60 characters.
I believe that the main culprit behind Wolf's exclusion was time constraints. Lucas was the only character ever rumored to be cut, though if true that was probably after e3 2013, probably January 2014. Squirtle and Ivysaur, not sure, Snake is 3rd party so him being cut early makes sense, Ice Climbers were a late cut, I think Wolf was also a late cut due to the sheer amount of content related to him present in this game. If they had time to take out all the Ice Climbers stuff, they probably had time to put in Assault Wolf as codecs and trophy.
Though the main point is that Wolf has to come back now if they're doing DLC.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Edit: Also this

Six different characters did not return from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Although Charizard returns, Pokémon Trainer, Squirtle, and Ivysaur do not. Lucas from EarthBound and Wolf from Star Fox also do not return. The Ice Climber and Metal Gear universes drop their only representatives, Ice Climbers and Snake (respectively). Of these universes, only one gets a new character, with Pokémon's Greninja.
Three returning universes also gain newcomers, with Mario adding Rosalina & Luma and Bowser Jr. as well as bringing back Dr. Mario, who did not appear in Brawl. Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus also get two newcomers, with Robin and Lucina for Fire Emblem and Palutena and Dark Pit for Kid Icarus.
Pichu above Snake?!?!? Wot? I'd say that he would even be above Ice Climbers, because of obvious reasons.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Time constraints or no time constraints in this day and age DLC is a thing that a real option. i feel like sakurai not including any DLC for smash beyond mewtwo is a huge wasted opportunity. i'm speaking for myself, but i assume Nintendo fans would gladly pay extra money for extra content like Characters. mostly because we know nintendo gives us finished games in the first place. if the content was cut purposely to be sold as DLC that's a different story but i think we can safely assume mewtwo wasn't such a thing. Either way, i can and will pay for any and all DLC characters for smash.

unless they bring back pichu. then i will lodge my complaint box right up saku- [REDACTED]

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Time constraints or no time constraints in this day and age DLC is a thing that a real option. i feel like sakurai not including any DLC for smash beyond mewtwo is a huge wasted opportunity. i'm speaking for myself, but i assume Nintendo fans would gladly pay extra money for extra content like Characters. mostly because we know nintendo gives us finished games in the first place. if the content was cut purposely to be sold as DLC that's a different story but i think we can safely assume mewtwo wasn't such a thing. Either way, i can and will pay for any and all DLC characters for smash.

unless they bring back pichu. then i will lodge my complaint box right up saku- [REDACTED]
As long as they are correctly priced. I'm not paying above 5$ for only 1 character.

Top Bottom