• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Theory time: Wolf is getting (some sort of) NEW LOOK or a complete OVERHAUL

I think I´m on to something here...
Wolf is missing from Smash and from Star Fox Zero. While being gone from Smash alone is possible, there is no reason to hide his existance in SF0. He has even his own game mode. We just saw a "W" over his Wolfen.

Why is Sakurai "done" with Pre Ballot characrers (mostly veterans), withou including him? All other cut veterans had a REASON to be cut. IC, Snake and so on. But no word on Wolf.

WHAT IF Wolf is getting a new or upgraded look in SF0 and because of this Sakurai HAS TO WAIT before getting him in? He couldn´t hold back on Fox or Falco, they are hard veterans, just to give them the new SF0 look. But maybe he (had to) agree on bringing one char (Wolf) in his new style, to promote Star Fox Zero.

I mean, even in Mario Maker Wolf doesn´t show up as a skin. But Peppy and Slippy do. They didn´t just forget about him.

This reminds me of the whole Yoshi fiasco shortly before the release of Smash. Yoshi was reworked (more standing/ new model) and People were afraid he was cut (lol, wut?), because he wasn´t shown in any trailer. But Sakurai didn´t/couldn´t say anything, resulting into a **** tons of posts on his Mii site, begging for Yoshi.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I meant Peppy, how did Leon come out, sry!
P E P P Y and Slippy skinds

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

Wolf is missing from Smash and from Star Fox Zero. While being gone from Smash alone is possible, there is no reason to hide his existance in SF0. He has even his own game mode. We just saw a "W" over his Wolfen.

Why is Sakurai "done" with Pre Ballot characrers (mostly veterans), withou including him? All other cut veterans had a REASON to be cut. IC, Snake and so on. But no word on Wolf.

WHAT IF Wolf is getting a new or upgraded look in SF0 and because of this Sakurai HAS TO WAIT before getting him in? He couldn´t hold back on Fox or Falco, they are hard veterans, just to give them the new SF0 look. But maybe he (had to) agree on bringing one char (Wolf) in his new style, to promote Star Fox Zero.

I mean, even in Mario Maker Wolf doesn´t show up as a skin. But Leon and Slippy do. They didn´t just forget about him.

This reminds me of the whole Yoshi fiasco shortly before the release of Smash. Yoshi was reworked (more standing/ new model) and People were afraid he was cut (lol, wut?), because he wasn´t shown in any trailer. But Sakurai didn´t/couldn´t say anything, resulting into a **** tons of posts on his Mii site, begging for Yoshi.

Thoughts?
I'll go with this.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

I mean, even in Mario Maker Wolf doesn´t show up as a skin. But Leon and Slippy do. They didn´t just forget about him.

Thoughts?
Yeah, this does all seem... suspicious.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman

All other cut veterans had a REASON to be cut. IC, Snake and so on. But no word on Wolf.

1-He's missing in Star Fox Zero because he's a boss and spoilers... Edit: but we can slightly see him trough the boxart. I don't know yet about the updated one.

2-What I said before and my thoughts exactly!!

3-But Leon in Super Mario Maker? Where did you find this?

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
1-He's missing in Star Fox Zero because he's a boss and spoilers... Edit: but we can slightly see him trough the boxart. I don't know yet about the updated one.

2-What I said before.

3-But Leon in Super Mario Maker? Where did you find this?
Mario Wiki says nothing about a Leon costume.

D

Deleted member

Over 9000 posts?

Obligatory DBZ video time:

I hope we get Wolf before we get 10000 posts......

I mean, even in Mario Maker Wolf doesn´t show up as a skin. But Peppy and Slippy do. They didn´t just forget about him.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I meant Peppy, how did Leon come out, sry!
P E P P Y and Slippy skinds
That's just a theory, a Smashboards theory
Thanks for reading !
:4dedede: Great theory by the way.
I remember when people thought that :4yoshi: and :4falcon: were cut, they are not going anywhere. Yoshi is too iconic to be cut, and Captain Falcon is pretty much the face of Smash. You kinda have to feel sad for the Captain, he's only appearing in Super Smash Bros. instead of F-Zero games nowadays.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
They should gi
That's just a theory, a Smashboards theory
Thanks for reading !
:4dedede: Great theory by the way.
I remember when people thought that :4yoshi: and :4falcon: were cut, they are not going anywhere. Yoshi is too iconic to be cut, and Captain Falcon is pretty much the face of Smash. You kinda have to feel sad for the Captain, he's only appearing in Super Smash Bros. instead of F-Zero games nowadays.
I wish jigglypuff was cut. It was funny the first game now it's plain irritating

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go with fake. I just can't see Sakurai choosing shovel knight when he's done very little for nintendo, hasn't had a Japanese release yet, and his game is barely a year old. The other 3rd parties are very iconic and had good relations with nintendo and sk just doesn't fit in.

Also this is ridiculous. Nintendo better have something in September, cause pretty much every day there's a new "leak". We're starving for news Sakurai, give us something! Preferably a bipedal canine, with a deep gruff voice with a hint of a southern accent.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's from 4chan.

And Dixie Kong? No. Considering King K. Rool is among the most highly requested in ALL regions, including Japan, I don't see how he'd pick Dixie over him. And not being able to come up with a moveset? This is Sakurai we're talking about! He can make up a moveset for a "non violent" villager, Wii Fit avatar, and the Laughing Dog from Duck Hunt. Sakurai can take a rock and make a moveset for it. I don't buy this for a second and you shouldn't either.

Just jumping on the Shovel Knight bandwagon.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
She's a joke character that completely relies on rest which completely relies on luck. She has bad range and is even more lighter than mewtwo
Not really. Japan loved her, rest is a move that has a frame of an explosion which can be hit well (just use sing lol). She has multiple jumps and her airgame is bomb. You may not like her, but plenty of people do.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Guys this is literally some random dude on 4 CHAN. It's not even "My uncle works for Nintendo", it's "I work at Nintendo". They're not even being creative. And this grammar is incredibly bad and obviously a native English speaker. Why are we even giving this thought?

Damnit I knew it, this is going to be Leak-tember.

It's going to be a rough ride to October 3rd.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys this is literally some random dude on 4 CHAN. It's not even "My uncle works for Nintendo", it's "I work at Nintendo". They're not even being creative. And this grammar is incredibly bad and obviously a native English speaker. Why are we even giving this thought?

Guys, my fifth cousin totally work at da Nintendo of Japa and dey sad tat Super Saiyan Pichu is confirm for Smesh Bruhs. Totally true 100% :troll:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I didn't even bother clicking but if the Japan exclusive :4lucas: and :4feroy: got brought back then I highly doubt the currently not Japanese :4zelda::GCD::GCB: x :4villager::GCCD: will make it in especially not above Wolf. It could be looked at as a cash grab but then where's Naruto and Goku?

As for K. Rool and movesets, Sakurai is the same man who said Chrom wasn't put in due to having difficulty making a moveset and then went ahead and gave us 3 ****ty clones without any problem. Plus, if you look at the likes of Duck Hunt, part of his jab, two of his tilts, his dash attack and 4 of his aerials are just peaks with a beak. Totally original and interesting moveset right there.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm not going to believe anything until I hear it from the man himself. I did like the Region thing, though.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

The "leaker" is delivering more news than Nintendo. This is pathetic.
I'm not going to believe anything until I hear it from the man himself. I did like the Region thing, though.
What if we were able to hack into Sakurai's Twitter, Kaiba style:smirk:...

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
*Reads about Wolf* Hell yeah! I hope this is legit!

*Reads about Shovel Knight* ****ing **** this better be fake.
Your new Shulk
Guys, my fifth cousin totally work at da Nintendo of Japa and dey sad tat Super Saiyan Pichu is confirm for Smesh Bruhs. Totally true 100% :troll:
R.I.P Darker Pit and 3D Game and Watch(would main)
First,SSC,then PAX,then now(R.I.P THE DREAM)

Last edited:

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is an evil genius. He deliberately cut off wolf knowing wolf would be such a highly requested character. Now he's going to charge 4 dollars. He's going to be richer than bill gates. :troll:

Top Bottom