• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cancelled due to illness

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brawl Rules:

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the exception of finals (semi, winner's, loser's and Grand) are best of 3 matches.
* All final matches (semi, winner's, loser's and grand) are best of 5.
* Controller port is decided by "first come, first serve." This encourages players to arrive for matches promptly lest they wish to fall victim to any of the number of things that are decided by port.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both players.
* All control types are legal (GC, wii-mote and classic), however if you do not use the Gamecube controller you must register your wii-mote with the TO. There will be separate TV's for Wii-mote players only so that interference is kept to a minimum. Additionally, wii-mote users must also keep the batteries out of the controller when not playing a match. This is to eliminate ALL interference. Anyone spotted with batteries in while not playing will be subject to a ban from the tournament and all other ECRC events at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.
* Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

The East Coast Regional Circuit uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages.

Starter

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter

Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Halberd
Delfino
Pokémon Stadium 1

* Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Set format for Brackets and Swiss:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. Players can ask for double blind pick.
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

Other Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion. Applies to teams ONLY.

* The Mages DQ rule is applicable when a player is late for a match. This applies to all players and is strictly enforced regardless of who you are.

2-minutes late = Warning
4-minutes late = Loss of first match
6-minutes late = Loss of set

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match will be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

Melee Rules: (I just copied the SBR rules cuz I'm lazy and don't care)

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8-Minute limit
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List:

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
* Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

For these tournaments I will be running Swiss System instead of pools or just a Double Elimination bracket. Here is a basic rundown of how things will work. First round everyone will be paired with someone at random. The winner of the set gets 1 point and the loser recieves none. All subsequent rounds, players will be paired with other players who have the same point total. At certain points (which haven't been decided yet) I will cut the field of players in half and it will end with me seeding the top 8 or 16 into a Double Elimination bracket to play out the rest of the tournament.

Set-ups are needed badly!! I don't have a Wii or a TV at the moment to bring so it's all on you guys to help make this run smoothly. So please bring everything you can!!

Any questions, contac
t me on AIM. Screenname is the same.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
interesting developments... well i'll be in school so im not sure if i'll be able to go, as the magemobile is dizzzead. i'll see what i can do.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
Spencer is kind of far from Boston unless I'm not mistaken....so I'm thinking I probably won't be able to come, as much as I'd like to participate in this sort of thing to get better (I'm atrociously bad because I've only ever played with my friends).

IcyLight

Smash Lord
can i have an address for this so i can mapquest to see where the hell it is compared to me? ^_^ ty

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I can't go to this during school but I'll look out for it in other months. It's only like an hour away from me.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Hmm I'll consider going. Never bothered to go out of state for a tourny, but there isn't any new CT tournies listed right now so we'll see.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Memphis, go to this. I wanna do some team friendlies and work on that Double Sonic team we tried once.

Riot, see this. Go to this. Do teams with me. We worked out too well that one time.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
ahh it's a bit of ways from me..i'll consider going to this none-the-less. I hope noodles will be able to make it too, but it's like 2h from him haha

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
Ill definitly be goin to this if i can find a train. I kinda suck at using MBTA.com so could someone try and find me a train that goes from New Bedford, MA to Spencer, MA? Very much appreciated.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
No train that makes it to Spencer, closest you're going to get is Worcester.

Everyone bring setups!!

Oh yeah, Melee singles is going to happen here too, sooo tell everyone you know who loves Melee.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Yo I will probably be going to this and alot of people should come because it's my birthday weekend son!!!! White mage we must get together on friday and do some drinking son!!!!! Hit up my cell son 774 219 3153 YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone needs to bring TV's, Wii's and copies of Brawl/Melee!!!

It's going to be Melee first then Brawl. Melee will be a DE Bracket like normal. Brawl will be where I test out Swiss System and see how it works. I might do Brawl teams but nothing is final yet. Also, try to get as many people interested as you guys can, I want this to be something worth doing on a monthly basis!!

Any questions IM/PM me: Omegawhitemage

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Apologies for advance when I win this.

Apologies in advance for if Dave comes and we split this.

Apologies in advance if Dave comes and doesn't split and I get second.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Is this going to be a invite only because I am making plans to go to this and I don't want to waste my time if it is.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
How many people do you think will be there? It's kind of a long drive to show up if no one else is gonna go :X as of now I plan on making an appearance but would like to get an idea of how many you know are going to go so far ^^

Top Bottom