• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
This is the last one I'm hosting, EVER!
Unless we get a really good turnout.

Points of Interest:

#1 -- No spectators, space is limited. Don't bring your homies if they're not competing.
#2 -- There will be a door fee of $1! This is to keep the non-playing homie count down, so everyone will be paying.
#3 -- I will be providing drinks and snacks, which people will be able to purchase. Since I'm not trying to make money, they'll be cheap—like a dollar for chips & a drink, or something.
#4 -- TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF!

2025-H Miller St. -- Apt. H
Lancaster, SC 29720

Schedule:

Registration starts at 2:00 p.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Brawl doubles — 3:00 p.m.
Brawl singles — 5:00 p.m.

Fees:

—$1 door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks

Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
This is the last one I'm hosting, EVER!
Unless we get a really good turnout.
D:

I can't make this either. Don't let this be the last one though. I can't make it because it's the day after my moms birthday and alot of my family will still be in town. If this is gonna be the last one, can we reschedual so atleast I can make it?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'll see what I can do, But I think I'll need some money first...I'm saving what I have for my tourney's...ain't that a *****! lulz

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah Devin, 4 people already can't quite make it. So can it be like the week after that? Or sometime else, that weekend is really busy.

The Director

Smash Lord
Yeah Devin, 4 people already can't quite make it.
I really wouldn't count me, I would just go to chill and probably not compete. I've really fallen out of Brawl.

...except doubles, but we seem to have skipped them at the last couple of tournies that I've attended.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I really wouldn't count me, I would just go to chill and probably not compete. I've really fallen out of Brawl.

...except doubles, but we seem to have skipped them at the last couple of tournies that I've attended.

Of course I'm not very acountable either, but i'd have a better chance of going if it wasn't this time next week.

BTW Joe, who do you main in Melee?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Brawl+ is UBER exciting -- not as fast as Melee sadly...you should come to my events once I get them started I'll be doing lots of Brawl+ there!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm sorry, I really do try. Every single time I tr my best to come. But having unsupportive parents really takes a toll on my attendance.
EDIT: The 9th is good for me. I'll beg my parents asap.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm actually just broke -- like NON-STOP!
[BIG UPS To JMan]

But I thank my fam for this wonderful move that allows me to host instead until my moneyz gets right!

Edit: BTW --

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, I really do try. Every single time I tr my best to come. But having unsupportive parents really takes a toll on my attendance.
EDIT: The 9th is good for me. I'll beg my parents asap.
whatever helps you sleep at night.

just kidding, i would like to play you eventually. everyone ive met that has met you has had nothing but good things to say about you.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
whatever helps you sleep at night.

just kidding, i would like to play you eventually. everyone ive met that has met you has had nothing but good things to say about you.
Lol Everyone's just cool like that. I'll definatley play you at HERB (which i'm so excited for) and this WHEN (if) I come.

Tok3nz

Smash Rookie
lol nah its not that...

most of the tournies in SC are like a 3-4 hr drive for us but we should be able to go to this one 4-5 should be =/

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Devin said:
last one evar
Oh shi-

The 9th. That's Sunday, isn't it? Hell yes, I should be done working by then if all goes according to plan. I'll make sure my crew's there in full attendance, I don't want these to end.

I went to a BlazBlue tournament today. They were doing SFIV at the same time, and they only had one TV for SFIV and two for BlazBlue. Each were 30+ man double elim tournament. In a small Play N' Trade with nowhere to sit.
There were some dudes playing Brawl, but they wanted to do 3-for-alls on Time mode. It... kinda hurt me.

Devin, you know me too well. :<

Also, oh man, you guys are at HERB, aren't you? How's that going?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I went to a BlazBlue tournament today. They were doing SFIV at the same time, and they only had one TV for SFIV and two for BlazBlue. Each were 30+ man double elim tournament. In a small Play N' Trade with nowhere to sit.
There were some dudes playing Brawl, but they wanted to do 3-for-alls on Time mode. It... kinda hurt me.

I wanted to go badddd
my man Keon ***** some **** in that BlazBlue from what I heard, go Litchi son
(People who went to my tournament will remember him as being part of "loud black guys playing Guilty Gear" crowd)

I knew like everyone who was at that god **** tourney and **** WHY DID BRIAN (PnT manager) WAIT TILL I LEFT COLUMBIA TO DO TOURNEYS? I BUGGED THAT ****ER LIKE EVERY WEEK... AND NOT JUST FOR MELEE!!!

**** it life, I'll have my day yet

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I wanted to go badddd
my man Keon ***** some **** in that BlazBlue from what I heard, go Litchi son
(People who went to my tournament will remember him as being part of "loud black guys playing Guilty Gear" crowd)

I knew like everyone who was at that god **** tourney and **** WHY DID BRIAN (PnT manager) WAIT TILL I LEFT COLUMBIA TO DO TOURNEYS? I BUGGED THAT ****ER LIKE EVERY WEEK... AND NOT JUST FOR MELEE!!!

**** it life, I'll have my day yet
Yo TRC, where do you live now?

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Haha, yeah TRC, Keon was waxing kids with Litchi... god, I wish my Litchi was as good as his. It was systematic destruction of everyone except Terrence, and Terrence still lost to him.

It WAS pretty funny walking in to that Play N' Trade... I was like "man, TRC's house looks different" cuz EVERYONE from your tourneys was there xD

Except you, TRC :<
<3

Snap, are you back in Lancaster yet?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
im in charlotte currently. i should be back in lancaster within the next 3 days. i just didnt have a ride from the airport all the way back to lancaster but i had one to my uncles house in charlottes rich suburbun community. so ill be here for awhile until someone comes to get me.

oh and thunder, i know you have steam, heres my ID; Dylannoclass

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i pulled up at devins one time for something. he wasnt home, but i didnt know that yet. i got out of my car and looked up, and there were three black guys fighting...eachother. like normally a fight is 2 people fighting 2 people. or one person fighting another. sometimes even one person fighting two. but this fight was 3 guys all fighting each other. i dont know what kind of ****ed up argument could spark such a fight. but it was bloody. it was crazy. this wasnt no friendly brawl. this was a bloodbath.

true story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom