• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
The whole thing's silly, I still say **** him—if he's such a nice guy, there wouldn't have been any problem.

Everyone says I should have carried extra cash, but going to WABA isn't like going to some regional circuit event, I've been doing it since the first month Brawl came out, it might as well just be another local thing, minus the drive—I had more than enough money for the entrance fees, and I had the setup for the door fee, leaving credit cards to cover anything else that might come up—like my car blowing up, according to MarsFool, this apparently happens quite often at tournaments.

Bottom-line:

Nowhere in the OP was there a rule limiting setups or their arrival time, (I was ~20min late, even without knowing) and that's where I was told to look when I was turned away.

While it may be my responsibility to stay up-to-date with the tournaments, per MikeG, is it not also the TO's responsibility to place such important news/updates in the OP? Or is it also my responsibility to sift through ~220+ some odd posts to find out a the TO has instilled a new setup rule weeks after the thread's creation?

If I am truly at fault—for following the directions that were included in the OP—then I've been at fault for every tournament I've ever attended, and I know that isn't the case.

The Director

Smash Lord
Smash is just a game. It shouldn't be taken so seriously. So you were 20 minutes late. So what? wtf

This is why MoJoe 2 needs to happen. We need to have a laid back tournament without all this drama bull****. And that's exactly what it is, bull****. Its stupid. Especially over the internet. I'm sure we're all nice people here, (cept Crio who is a complete *******) but like you said people can hide behind thier keyboards and say nasty stupid things over the internet...especially if its to somebody out of state.

Its entertaining as hell, tho. :chuckle:

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm sure we're all nice people here, (cept Crio who is a complete *******) but like you said people can hide behind thier keyboards and say nasty stupid things over the internet...
Topic is relevant to my interests.

5/5 Would rage again.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You banned an entire character good ****ing job
You weren't going to come to this in the first place, why did you even bother posting?

And, for the record, Devin didn't ban a character, he banned a detriment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom