• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cancel bair's minimal landing lag by using Snake's jab

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Well, not actually cancel bair's landing lag, but rather full hop into a bar and then immediately do your jab. If you get the timing right, after a bair, once you make contact with the floor, hold A. This could be useful to defend yourself after a failed bair. You can't do this with short hopped bairs, only full hopped. I'm trying to see if I can face the opposite direction and do my A Combo when I land as that would be much more useful.

Edit:

This can also be done with Snake's Fair, doubt it can be done with his Nair or Dair though. To switch the direction you want to jab in, tilt slightly forward before you land and jab.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Will do.

I've found several uses for this. You can fake someone out with a fair and once you land, immediately punish them with your A combo. After a bar, if your opponent lands and techrolls into your direction, you can use your A combo and punish them. Say you're edgeguarding a flying character with your bair and they manage to stay alive and reach the stage, once again, A combo when you land. I'll record this soon.

Pretty much this is using either Snake's fair or bair and then using his A combo immediately after you land.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I've recorded a video of this demonstrating the technique, but it's not annotated or anything. I'll upload it soon and maybe at Youtube annotations to it.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I'm re doing the video now as I found a few new things.

When you land, you can also 'cancel' with an F-Tilt.

Snake's U-Air landing animation can actually be canceled. The timing is the same as with the Bair or Fair.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that you don't need to do a jab to cancel the lag... I'm almost certain what you "discovered" is "auto-canceling," which has been known about since before brawl came out in the US.

Just as an FYI, you can auto-cancel a shorthopped uair if you time it right, and a full-hopped nair auto-cancels.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I've known about auto canceling for a while, but I never knew you can do attacks out of it and I haven't seen many people do that.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I've known about auto canceling for a while, but I never knew you can do attacks out of it and I haven't seen many people do that.
Wow, are you serious? I didn't know somebody could be dense enough to not figure that out. What the hell did you think auto-canceling was if you didn't know you could do attacks out of it? The whole point of auto-canceling is so that you CAN attack immediately after landing.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I've just always thought that the whole point of auto canceling was merely a way to avoid being punished for landing lag between aerials. No need to act like a jerk.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Try SH Up Air landed into jab. Sexy. Or you can SH Back Air and jump again out of it to do another back air and land with a neutral air. Lol.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
No, nair is still only AC'd by a double jump. Someone just has no idea of what he's talking about.

Top Bottom