• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at Pound 4!

Stevo

Smash Champion
Hey man, gotta start somewhere

have you played with anybody who is at a competitive level? (I would do that first before you decide to make the trip somewhere)

tect

Smash Journeyman
yo tect, I thought you died or something.
Yoyo, that seems to have been the general consensus but I am alive and well!
Too many obligations, too little time, and bad timing of events =\ but I think that I can make an exception for Pound ^_^ how's things?

tect

Smash Journeyman
I've been living in Kingston for some time now, trying to build a scene here. As far as I can tell, Ottawa has moved on to Brawl almost 100%, save a few hardcores. I did play with GanonPWN! a lot during the summer.

Not going to make it to BISB2?

unknown522

Some guy
I've been living in Kingston for some time now, trying to build a scene here. As far as I can tell, Ottawa has moved on to Brawl almost 100%, save a few hardcores. I did play with GanonPWN! a lot during the summer.

Not going to make it to BISB2?
coouldn't make it. Not enough money.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm sure you guys already know this, but what the hell...

Plane tickets are hella cheap if you drive to Buffalo and take a plane from there. I'm talking -$100 for the round trip (I'm going to NY in December for $69!)

Just an idea. Unfortunately, I'm not 100% going to this, but I will get to this by any means neccesary.

ANY MEANS NECCESARY.

yoyoX

Smash Rookie
2407 1966 1709

i dont know were post it
so i post it here because i live in canada (quebec)

if you add me send a pm tp let me know
i will add all person add me monday

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
anyone look into the costs of a flight down?

also...are we all gonna get a hotel or are we getting housed?

the singles and doubles fees are steep so if we can get housed id **** my pantaloons

sauc3

Smash Lord
i just looked into renting a bus and its gunna cost around 5000$, so if we can gather up 50 ppl, that 100$ a person, which isn't bad, i'll keep looking into it for cheaper rides.

sauc3

Smash Lord
ok new news from the bus company, we can get a school bus for 3100$!

if we can round up around 40-48 people (thats how much it can hold), then thats only about 70$ a person, however more realistically we would prob only get about 25-30 people, which is (obviously) about 100$ a person,

Someone should make a dedicated thread to see how many people are ACTUALLY REALISTICALLY interested.

I would make the thread, but I feel we would get more interest if someone with a lot fo credibility made it.

Thoughts?

Mikey7

Smash Lord

if we can round up around 40-48 people (thats how much it can hold), then thats only about 70$ a person, however more realistically we would prob only get about 25-30 people, which is (obviously) about 100$ a person,

Someone should make a dedicated thread to see how many people are ACTUALLY REALISTICALLY interested.

I would make the thread, but I feel we would get more interest if someone with a lot fo credibility made it.

Thoughts?
Post made in the social area

DarkISDA

Smash Lord

Thoughts?
And what's the regular price of the bus, I mean the normal bus ride, not the school bus one? I'm actually thinking of going to pound 4...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Okay, so the bus idea failed =(

What the new plan? I currently don't have a ride to this thing. I say we drive to Buffalo, fly down, and get housed for free (internationals get priority, no?)

Stevo

Smash Champion
Just wanna know who's all going/planning on going to Pound 4? :)

People who are going/planning on going...

1. Eric (Blunted_Object10)
2. Roustane (Kage)
3. Manuel (Diakonos)
4. Adam (NoobKing)
5. Vincent (Vwins)
6. Max (BAM)
7. Jason (PKM)
8. AJ (Liberate)
9. Dan (Superboom)
10. RaynEX
11. KirbyKaze
12. Unknown

Is Manuel still going?

has it been discussed who will be on team canada for crews yet?

if 10 are allowed I guess it will be everyone on that list that is still going....

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
I subscribed to a few people on youtube who upload Melee videos and I saw an advertisement to Pound 4. All the other Pounds were so epic that I had to look into Pound 4. Can't wait to see how you guys do there.

booshk

Smash Lord
I subscribed to a few people on youtube who upload Melee videos and I saw an advertisement to Pound 4. All the other Pounds were so epic that I had to look into Pound 4. Can't wait to see how you guys do there.
o m G TROYYYy miss you man. ahah

Top Bottom