• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can zelda sweetspot?

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I dont play zelda but fighting agaisnt her, i've always assumed Zelda has a harder time sweetspotting than almost any other character. I know its possible for her to sweetspot, but can most of you do it 80% of the time? Are there some angles at which no matter what, Zelda CANT sweetspot?

Vedam

Smash Rookie
Zelda can definitely sweet spot. There are only 16 angles at which she can teleport, though. The player just has to adjust to the right position to sweetspot a ledge. So I guess the answer to your question is yes, but most of the time it is possible to do it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
From Directly under the stage its terribly hard but anywhere from higher to the stage or even its incredibly easy to sweetspot the stage... Don't know why it wouldn't it aim's in 16 directions.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I assume you mean sweetspotting the ledge, because sweetspotting the fair and bair is pretty easy :p

And here's the deal with sweetspotting: You can sweetspot if you hit the ledge at some point during your teleport. What this means is sweetspot is easiest diagonally, because at any time you could sweetspot the ledge. Sweetspotting from directly above is also very easy, but sweetspotting from below is difficult, as is from directly horizontal. Thus, diagonal and above is the easiest, and diagonal and below requires some sense of timing.(I can usually sweetspot from diagonally under the stage at battlefield, or i can choose to appear directly above the ledge if someone if hanging on to the ledge, so that i'll be able to land quickly and recover) It's really all about knowing the timing and spacing. That being said, i can sweetspot at will, but yes, there are just some angles where i KNOW i won't be able to sweetspot, so i have to teleport up and leave myself really vulnerable.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I know this isn't completely on topic, but my question still pertains to Zelda's Farore's Wind. Is there a way to shorten the distance you go while still on the ground? Like, obviously you can upB directly in place or to the side and move a good distance, but can you shorten the horizontal distance by, say, half?

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
i really have no idea if you can do that, i really wish i knew. *i would definently use that.*
anyway, yes Zelda can definently sweet spot, no question about it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Teleporting diagonally downward (on the ground) makes you go about 2/3rds the original distance. Smashing the control stick to either direction lengthens your teleport by a lil bit

The_NZA

Smash Lord
hmm...i guess edgeguarding zelda isn't as easy as i thought it was. What are the most effective ways to edgeguard her?

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
Edgehogging is the best, but thats if the person is going for the edge. anyway, im trying to improve my zelda game, anyone able to recommend any combos to use with her.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweetspotting a ledge from below is not easy from my experience. From above the edge it's rather easy.

You'll still get edgehogged regardless, forcing you to go for the ground, and die.

D

Deleted member

they're all easy except straight up. you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is easily one of the most edge-guarded characters. Sweetspotting helps with this, but if they know your plan, you're screwed.

Bladeofapollo: As Darkatma said, holding the stick in said direction will alter the distance. From my experience, if you hold this stick in a south-south-east/west manner, you will teleport a little less than half. But the positioning is kind of odd. Also, if you hop up slightly before teleporting, you can teleport diagonally a very short distance. Useless, but it's there.

Don't forget your teleport canceling.

Top Bottom