• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Zelda be Offensive while falling?

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
Hey there. I've been messing with Zelda for a while now and I love her playability but the only concept I'm having trouble grasping is the fact that she seems very vulnerable while falling after getting knocked up high. She has dins fire which is alright when the enemy is reachable by it but 90% of the time, the enemy is ready to up-A your *** to the sky. Zelda's down A smash is very weak and her Smash A gets canceled out by many other player's up a's especially when charged. I can sometimes get lucky with a NL if they jump in the air (which is just a mistake by the enemy unless they're link or something). Anyways, I'm just curious to know what Zelda players do when they're falling back to the course and need to do some damage along with make it down safely.

Thank you.

Villi

Smash Lord
Zelda is vulnerable when she's falling. Can't shake the truth. You can take a risk, but it's usually not worth it to do anything but air dodge or teleport to somewhere safe.

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
Zelda is vulnerable when she's falling. Can't shake the truth. You can take a risk, but it's usually not worth it to do anything but air dodge or teleport to somewhere safe.
hmm that's rather unfortunate. But it's good to know I wasn't missing anything. Thanks

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Usually i airdodge my oponents initial move before teleporting straight to the ground. THis can get very predictable however so you have to mix it up. Sometimes you can airdodge right to the side of them and if your really quick, you can get your opponent with a lightning kick..... thats the only way zelda can be offensive on her way down in my opinion.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
if the oponent's Uair has poor enough priority, and you have the timing for it... use Dair... or airdodge to get under and Uair... OR, if you are at the side some, din's downward.

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
if the oponent's Uair has poor enough priority, and you have the timing for it... use Dair... or airdodge to get under and Uair... OR, if you are at the side some, din's downward.
i've been messing around with downwards teleportation. I always forget that FW does damage now O_O

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
i've been messing around with downwards teleportation. I always forget that FW does damage now O_O
well that works... ish too... but it's not really offensive, per se, in most cases... only really if they are trying to projectile snipe you from down there (ness, lucas and Snake come to mind.)

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
FW and air dodging are your safest bets. Only FW into them though if they're in the middle of a move, never if they're standing still. They'll clearly shield it. Otherwise I never attack while falling.

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
well that works... ish too... but it's not really offensive, per se, in most cases... only really if they are trying to projectile snipe you from down there (ness, lucas and Snake come to mind.)
Well I try to make it less obvious then just going down and FW'ing. Wwhat i've been doing is air-dodging then gliding to the left or right which tells the enemy that I just want to land. They'll charge up a smash A assuming that I wont be doing anything since I'm almost at the ground. Then, just in time ind do a FW and hurt them. I'm still messing with the space needed to do this successfully without getting a smash A in your *** ahah.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
This is one of Zelda's weaknesses. I usually don't go for a sweetspotted Dair because of it's low priority. I would say that airdodging and FW back to the stage would be a better pick so you can get to the stage safely without exposing yourself for the risk to get hit by your opponents Uair.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Her air dodge lacks the timing skills needed with other characters.

Just airdodge your way to safety.

There is a point in time when falling when you can use Din to safely guide you downwards while protected. If your opponent tries to attack, you simply detonate it on them. There is an obvious risk, and it's not foolproof, so be cautious.

Satyrium

Smash Cadet
Her air dodge lacks the timing skills needed with other characters.

Just airdodge your way to safety.

There is a point in time when falling when you can use Din to safely guide you downwards while protected. If your opponent tries to attack, you simply detonate it on them. There is an obvious risk, and it's not foolproof, so be cautious.
yeah unfortunately the enemy has to be a certain distance away from you and most enemies tend to rush right under you.

Top Bottom