• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you get out of Flying Slam?

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the noobish question, but I've looked all over the place for this answer and haven't found it

So yeah, I play against someone who use Bowser, and every once in a while he "Bowsercides" while we're both on one stock, and either we go to Sudden Death or he wins.

I know you can influence on the DI while you're both airborn, but can you actually get out of the move itself? (I read in th Dojo that "the opponent can fight back", that's why I ask).

Thank you for your time.

zoodlebeans

Smash Rookie
If it's a 1v1, I think you are stuck in it but you can influence the direction yall move. But in a free for all, if someone hits Bowser while he's in the process of the attack, he'll let go of you.

Happened to me today a few times..

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
Only if someone hits Bowser. Otherwise, you're pretty screwed. At least that's been my experience.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just like said above, one if some1 hits Bowser...
In my case, it reminded me when I was in a 1v1, as a Pit vs a Bowser, I shot 3 arrows in the sky, the Bowser used that Flying slam on me, I looped/rained the arrows back, and one of em hit Bowser and I broke free of it... That arrow rescued me.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Just like said above, one if some1 hits Bowser...
In my case, it reminded me when I was in a 1v1, as a Pit vs a Bowser, I shot 3 arrows in the sky, the Bowser used that Flying slam on me, I looped/rained the arrows back, and one of em hit Bowser and I broke free of it... That arrow rescued me.
that would've been pretty darn cool, i think everyone has summed this up nicely but we get sooooo many threads about the flying slam there should be a sticky just explaining it...or not

Teh Future

Smash Master
also bowser will win on last stock if his controller port is below your own. If yours is higher, the match will go to SD

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Thank you guys, it was just driving me crazy.

I'm satisfied with your answers.

MrEh

Smash Hero
There was this one video where someone managed to get out of a flying slam.

It was a fluke though, a random glitch that probably will never be replicated. I'll try to find a video...

Flayl

Smash Hero
The opponent has to be knocked out of the grab without touching Bowser (not happening in a 1v1)

Bowser will then remain frozen at the bottom of the level, slow piling up damage up to 150%

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
use IC and make the other one hit him lol
now I have a question about a very rare situation.... suppose bowser 1 clawed some guy at the top of the move can another bowser (lets call him bowser 2) claw either one of them out of the first claw? srry if its kinda confusing

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea.

I thought it was the other way around, and I was 1st player. That did not end well lol. (I still won the match though xD)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
lol i play as jiggs and one of my friends uses bowser a lot, but not so much flying slam off the edge.

i die from it more times from the slam itself and not a bowsercide.

Slush

Smash Cadet
lol, I used bowser in a tournament once, finals. The kid didn't know what hit him. It took me about three minutes to do a three-bowsercide streak :p Definitely worth the risk (and a whole of twenty dollars lol.)

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
i heard bowser can jump out of the flying slam, resulting in him living regardless of controller port. how do you do that?

Flayl

Smash Hero
you mash jump, it only works on a few levels

edit: it doesn't result in him living, just dying a little later

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
So I guess bowser mains are the exception for otherwise everyone wanting control port 4. Or would it still be better to choose 4. Hmm? Bowsercide win or faux armor?

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
So I guess bowser mains are the exception for otherwise everyone wanting control port 4. Or would it still be better to choose 4. Hmm? Bowsercide win or faux armor?
A lot of tournaments grant the win to the one who initiates suicide kills and the official SBR rule set gives Bowsercides the win of the match, so port 1's value for Bowsercide wins no longer applies.

Top Bottom