• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can YOU explain sonic's apearance?

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
SSE design team: "Sweet were 100% done with this mode of the game!" *cheers*
Intern: "I just got the news!! Can you guys give me a little tidbit on how your gonna introduce Sonic in the story?"
SSE design team: "...Like Sonic the Hedgehog? I thought he's Sega, he's not even in this ga..."
Intern: "Yea he was just announced to be in the game! I'm super excited!"
SSE design team: "Yea...he has a super cool scene with the last boss!" *throws him in the end to satisfy fans*
Intern: "So there is no real reason why he just shows up and starts hitting Tabuu? And WTH is Tabuu? And why is master hand chained? And why so many plot holes? And..."
SSE design team: "Your fired!"
If only that Intern wasn't fired, the game could have been a whole lot better. lol

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Options

1. Chuck Norris threw Sonic at the air, causing the most powerful and the fastest forces to tear through the fabric of space-time and into Tabuu, explaining how such a low tier character broke his wings.

2. Sonic was an assist trophy, but Tabuu's wings broke the glass, so you could see him. He then became a character at the very last minute.

3. Sonic wished he was in a good game. Then God said "Granted, but it's not your game and you play a very minimal role."

4. Sonic was fighting (not Brawling) Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario on the Melee battlefield, when suddenly all three hit him at once. He flew so far through the subspace that he hit Tabuu, and pretended that it was intentional.

5. Shigeru Miyamoto made Wii Music. But he heard someone say they'd rather play the new Sonic game. After bludgeoning them to death with a NERF gun, he thought about what they'd said and played Sonic Unleashed. It was awful, but it got Miyamoto to thinking that Sonic must have been a powerful name in order to surpass his ultimate Wii Music with such a dreadful and inferior game. So Miyamoto went back in time and kicked Sakurai until he agreed to make Brawl. They then staged making it accidental. When Shigeru returned to his future, he found that Brawl lacked Sonic, so he went back in time in November and began to kick Sakurai once again. Sakurai finally agreed and removed Bomberman from the roster, adding Sonic in his place. The Subspace emissary now skips around and is unclear about how Sonic gets there, when really, Bomberman would have blown up his wings with his giant red bomb final smash.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
1.) Maybe Eggman lost control of the PINGAS and was turned into Tabuu...?

2.) Mewtwo was gonna be in Brawl, and was SUPPOSED to be the one in the "randomly pop up" position, but Sonic blackmailed him, and took his place.

3.) His teacher touched kids in a way that made them feel uncomfortable, and he's a kid, so he got out of there, and somehow ended up in Subspace.

4.) SONIC'S A DOUBLE AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!! (probably not...)

5.) He was Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kicked into the game, but not a real position in the SSE.

6.) Since Eggman knew that Sega would not tolerate him in SSE, he followed Sonic constantly, so Sonic couldn't take up his [major] position. Finally Sonic shook him off, with only enough time for a quick appearance.

P.S. I just realized, my theories are seemingly extremely unoriginal. Ex: 4 and 5

justaway12

Smash Master
wait a minute i just realized why he was so last minute, Jigglypuff is unpopular but she was meant to have a part in brawl afterall she WAS one of the original 12 and that was the part was this (but with rollout) although sonic wouldn't allow it so he called all of his fangirls (and some boys) to gang up on jigglypuff and the rest is history

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Another explanation.

Sonic wrote down the following sequence:
Peace sign, peace sign, triangle, square, peace sign, square, triangle-
then proceeded to cheat.

(It makes me both happy and sad that that reference is now not so unrecognizable now that Startropics 2 has been released on the VC. I memorized it from waaaay back in the NES days, so it's awesome for me.)

Ange

Smash Lord
Or...

Sonic secretly did the Konami Code so he would get infinite streight and 90 lives. Hacked himself into Subspace thru the non-existent Sonic version of the Twilight Hack. Moments later he saw the helpless Smash people standing there with terrified looks. Asuming Tabuu was the enemy, he destroyed both wings and did the infamous finger/wave sign.

Behind the ordinary, is the extraordinary.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Nah. I think the only reason Sonic took forever to get his butt into the game was because he was too busy with other things, like the Olympics, stoping an evil Sun God from destroying the Future, dealing with the Arabian Nights, and just pissing off Eggman. He knew he was gonna be late, despite being so fast, so he thought he'd make an entrance by beating up the Final Boss of the SSE, Tabuu, who no one else even attempted to touch until following Sonic's example.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Most people do not realize that Sakurai is not the ruling force in the world of Super Smash Bros.

Millenia ago, around Januray 21, 1999 Cyberdine systems created three platinum goddesses named Fin, Dayru, and Narore who descended upon Japan and created the Smash bros world that we know. Fin, with her strong flaming arms cultivated the land to create 64-bit stages. Dayru poured her widom onto the earth to give it the spirit of physics and game mechanics. Narore's rich soul created 12 characters who would uphold the laws of the 4 stock, 8 minute matches.

These three goddesses returned to the future in a DeLorean and left behind the sacred Sakurai. Since then, Masahiro Sakurai has become the ruler of Smash's world and progression. Where the Sakurai stood became sacred land.

With the advent of Brawl though, Sakurai shamed the Goddesses and disrupted the peace of Smash with strange changes to the physics, the prohibition of all wavedashing, and laws demanding frequent tripping in inconvenient situations by all the denizens of the Smash world.

With iniquity comes consequences...

It is a little-known fact that the disruption of the deilcate balance of competetive Smash that comes from tripping results in strange occurrences at the time of each trip. Most trips simply result in the killing of a kitten somewhere in the world, but some are far more unsettling. The next most common occurrence after kitten death is a worm hole being made. Some scientists theorize that Mewtwo was one casualty of "wormhole exit" or "wormhole displacement", and the same theory applies to Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario, Ken etc. While wormhole exits are unconfirmed, "wormhole arrivals" are well-dcoumented and our blue hedgehog, Sonic is the most popular product of this phenomenon.

Duh.
If this could fit in my sig, I could die happy.

Tujex

Smash Ace
5.) He was Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kicked into the game, but not a real position in the SSE
1. Chuck Norris threw Sonic at the air, causing the most powerful and the fastest forces to tear through the fabric of space-time and into Tabuu, explaining how such a low tier character broke his wings.

4. Sonic was fighting (not Brawling) Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario on the Melee battlefield, when suddenly all three hit him at once. He flew so far through the subspace that he hit Tabuu, and pretended that it was intentional.

5. Shigeru Miyamoto made Wii Music. But he heard someone say they'd rather play the new Sonic game. After bludgeoning them to death with a NERF gun, he thought about what they'd said and played Sonic Unleashed. It was awful, but it got Miyamoto to thinking that Sonic must have been a powerful name in order to surpass his ultimate Wii Music with such a dreadful and inferior game. So Miyamoto went back in time and kicked Sakurai until he agreed to make Brawl. They then staged making it accidental. When Shigeru returned to his future, he found that Brawl lacked Sonic, so he went back in time in November and began to kick Sakurai once again. Sakurai finally agreed and removed Bomberman from the roster, adding Sonic in his place. The Subspace emissary now skips around and is unclear about how Sonic gets there, when really, Bomberman would have blown up his wings with his giant red bomb final smash.

Those had me crying tears of laughter.

I just figured after being put into the game SO late (even after the secret "locked" characters) Sonic had to run at the speeds of light to catch up to everyone else who had already started progressing through SSE. By the time he reached them, they were already at Tabuu. So, having to have contributed to everything in SOME way, he breaks Tabuu's wings and waves his finger like he really did something great.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
ehh interesting as these are I think that they needed one of those last minute savior moments and sonic had to be the one since tabuu wouldn't have time to react to his speed.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
Could be a case of the makers of the game having no clue what to do with Sonic in the Adventure mode, so they just decided to stick him in at the last possible moment before the final boss

N-Bizzoy

Smash Rookie
Could be a case of the makers of the game having no clue what to do with Sonic in the Adventure mode, so they just decided to stick him in at the last possible moment before the final boss
Yeah. Plus Sonic's the only Sonic the Hedgehog character, I think he would need Tails to be in the story better. and yes I know Snake is alone from his series but Snake doesn't really have any partners following him around. And I know everyone partners up with someone random but Sonic just seems like he needs Tails to be in the story. No one really knows why the heck they put him in the ending out of nowhere, but he saved everyone, irrc (?). They just didn't know what to do, and he had to be in the story somehow.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
I think in story purpose Tabuu already attacked more than just one universe and attacked somewhere in Sonic's universe causing Sonic to think its Robotnic then finding out its not him and explain what he was doing this whole time and why he showed up at the very end. (Sounds like bad fanfiction lol)

In real life Sonic was the last character added to Brawl and since the creators were basicly almost done and were about to finish subspace they threw him in at the last scene. (Why not during great maze which would have made more sense is beyond me)

IMO I think there should have been one part where Sonic, Snake, and Mario teamed up in subspace to make it go beyond epic or even just have these three characters survive Tabuu's attack and have to fight him. Of course this might be asking for too much since I basicly had no clue what the story was about like how DDD made those badges, where the heck metaknight even came from, and why Wario gets a gun and not King DDD who is supposed to be a villain...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
... O.o

Zeus, you got your U where my S is. D:
I noticed that as well.

OT: I agree that the creators just needed to get him in somewhere, so they put him in the last scene. It was quite random but if you think about it, it would be hard to fit him in anywhere else since his universe is not originated by nintendo. Not sure where snake originated but it was easy to fit him in the story the way they did then to fit sonic in.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sonic did the entire SSE by himself, in like 10 seconds. He decided to wait for us at the end.

randomness_FTW!

Smash Cadet
Actually, Sonic was confirmed to be in Brawl very late, in fact, he was the last one. So they had no choice but to stick him in at the last possible moment for no reason. Imagine what SSE would be like if Sonic was introduced like at the very beginning.

Meta-havv

Smash Rookie
To understand sonics appearance, you must first understand the story of how sonic came to be...
If you ever seen a hedgehog in real life and sonic, you understand 2 very big differences. First Sonic is blue, and he walks upright. This isn't all that impossible. Hedgehogs are known to take a similar appearance to their fathers. After sonics prostitute mother gave birth to sonic, she knew upon first look that the father must be Tabuu, seeing as how its hard to forget a blue guy with wings. Knowing this, his mother only told sonic that his father will most likely swallow the universe in an attempt to destroy it. Sonic having none of this went to murder his father. While racing Mario in the olympics (how the hell does a overweight plumber make it to the olympics in the first place?) Mario told Sonic of his upcoming fight with kirby. Sonic not wanting to miss this was in attendance during the fight. (hes in the background if you look hard enough while on acid) When R.O.B. sets the bomb sonic is at the food stand ordering chili dogs and never knows what happens. Upon waking up he see what he describes as a "spiky eggman" and proceeds to attack. While fighting bowser ganondorf shows up and sneaks a falco...ganon punch and again, sonic is unconscious. He awakes dazed but confused at why there is mario, kirby, spiky eggman, "that blindsiding coward", and much much more. Then out the side of his eye, he sees the most glorious wings he ever has and he mutters one word..."daddy?" Remembering what his mom told him and seeing as how he literally did swallow the universe, sonic attacks. But wanting to embarrass him first, he destroys his most prized possession, his beautiful wings....

Tari

Smash Apprentice
I have done it! I think. I found a solution. After reading over everyone's posts, I have come to a conclusion of how Sonic came to be in SSE at the moment he did. ( Yeah, this might seem stupid, but I gave it a shot. ) The massive blast that was emitted from the giant cannon, the blast that hit absolutely no where, ripped through fabric of time and space. The blast made its way into Chuck Norris's house while he was playing Sonic Unleashed. Due to Chuck Norris's incredibleness, the blast that was headed towards him, deflect and froze Sonic Unleashed. Furious that the game stopped working, Chuck Norris glared at the screen which merely had Sonic on it. ( We all know Sonic is Chuck Norris's favorite character.)

Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the tv, making Sonic pointlessly jump out from it. He then proceeded to Roundhouse kick his favorite character back into the direction of the blast. The force of the kick, tore through time and space, and Sonic was sent flying towards Tabuu at seemingly the right time and as if aimed perfectly, he destroyed Tabuu's wings.

There's that, or DKKountry's explanation.. though his seems more logical.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
He's a talking blue hedgehog with multipurpose sneakers that can run faster than the speed of sound ever since he was born over a decade ago. A reason is something Sonic doesn't require.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The original Sonic was a little fun and all, but I don't know. It didn't satisfy my 2-D gameness like Super Mario 3 or Mega Man did. It was just too much about running fast and grabbing the coins and not getting hit by the bad guy. Then when you did, there go all your hard earned coins! If I have problems dealing with my anger now a days chances are Sonic is to blame.

Top Bottom