• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can someone help me with my Pit?

link2702

Smash Champion
I seem to be stuck with him...I can't seem to improve any farther....I wanna know why..I'd also Like to learn some of the advanced tricks with him....i've tried the wings of icarus trick, but I can't really find a good use for it....but i'd like to learn even more stuff with him.

People already consider me one of the Best Pit users on NS2( I know thats not really saying much, but ya...) but I definatly wanna improve, If possible, anyone who can give me some advice on any combos, or advanced moves with him, can you also post a vid of it so I can see it in action, or Play me in a match and show me.

I also REALY wanna learn how to counter snake users....Pit is at such a disadvantage against em, but surely there are some tricks and tips you guys have found to counter them.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
The most important thing in any game is spacing, and don't just spam one thing if you want to be better. Besides that just pratice.

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you wanna see a video, look in the Pit hall of fame Sticky. There are a bunch of other users' videos posted. Links to them are in the Pit Conpendulum sticky. I think all of the WoI tricks are important. Some of them lead to the discovery of AT's such as the Wingdash (important tech).

Also, one arrow looping trick branched out into many arrow techniques which are also important techs to learn.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Its hopeless against snake, just keep in mind he has a very weak aerial game, meaning you only really have to pay attention to his ground moves. Know his spacing and priority and you will know what to expect. Its quite easy to predict what snake will do. Keep that in mind and try to out think and manipulate your opponent. you have a range advantage but that gets closed fast. Try to stack damage until about 160%, unless he's a bad snake, you're not going to kill him before that.

I've heard rumors about a forward throw chaingrab against snake, I tried it and the snake player spotdodged.. So it was useless.

Check some videos in this playlist to see wingdashing used in action (It was when i first was learning it but i feel these are the best to watch if you're learning it because it shows when it pays off and when you will get punished.
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=8009ADC1944EAA89

link2702

Smash Champion
If you wanna see a video, look in the Pit hall of fame Sticky. There are a bunch of other users' videos posted. Links to them are in the Pit Conpendulum sticky. I think all of the WoI tricks are important. Some of them lead to the discovery of AT's such as the Wingdash (important tech).

Also, one arrow looping trick branched out into many arrow techniques which are also important techs to learn.
well...actually the arrow looping, as well as the arrow rains are actually what I'm famous for on NS2, and in my clan....the only problem....I used it too much, and neglected the rest of my Pit., I've been trying to fix this, by not using the loops hardly at all...I've used more then the simple 360 though,....but it takes so long to manuever them, that its only useful if I shoot em after I've knocked my oppenet off, i've also been trying to perfect the under the stage loop, but i'm having alot of trouble with it....

kupo15

Smash Hero
There seems to be two styles of Pit so far, the Arrow heavy ones and the Wingdashing ones. Sagemoon and myself have similar playing styles and use wingdashing a lot. Underdog on the other hand uses more of the Loop arrow style. Despite the differences, all of us are pretty good so find a style that is right for you. I use arrow looping occasionally though. I don't know the other Pit's style that well yet, I need to look at more videos...

Also, because Snake using uSmash a lot, Angel Ring (side B) could be the best weapon against snake. It is effective because not only does it trap them in it, but it also reflects making the explosive yours to hurt them when it falls down.

I just thought of something. Could Angel Ring be used to counter Snakedashing? My prediction is that if you use AR when they Snake dash, the AR will stop them in their tracks while still countering the shell. It seems like a good counter every time they use it. It could make them think twice about using it....hmmm...

link2702

Smash Champion
Just faced Crownvick....T_T my Pit did horrible compared to what I usually do....I can usually get some of the arrow rains in, but not that match....my arrow control was WAAAAAAAY off compared to how I usually do.....T_T....but I think he has a very good Idea on what My pit needs work on though now....

sagemoon

Smash Lord
kupo, i rely on arrow loop in my singles matches as well as wingdashing. The AR will also not cancel snakes mortar slide (At least i think thats what you meant by snakedashing). An arrow will prevent it though.

crownvick

Smash Apprentice
(baltimore) Ok Nobody Move And Nobody Gets Hurt U
Ur pit is good but shooting the arrows and changing there directions multiple times is a waste. Just shoot them regularly. Also Dont do the down smash so often. That was smart using the a combo every time I blocked which kills my shield. Grab more and good doging I thought I was one of the few that continously doged. I give ur pit an 7.5-8

kupo15

Smash Hero
kupo, i rely on arrow loop in my singles matches as well as wingdashing. The AR will also not cancel snakes mortar slide (At least i think thats what you meant by snakedashing). An arrow will prevent it though.
Sorry, my bad. I just don't see you using it as much as Underdog :(
Both techs are worth learning

yes I ment the mortar slide

kown

Smash Lord
Ur pit is good but shooting the arrows and changing there directions multiple times is a waste. Just shoot them regularly. Also Dont do the down smash so often. That was smart using the a combo every time I blocked which kills my shield. Grab more and good doging I thought I was one of the few that continously doged. I give ur pit an 7.5-8
about your comment on arrows. please look up arrow looping.

link2702

Smash Champion
My Pits arrows were off those matches....i'm usually really good at controlling them, but today....I just don't know...they are way off....I was using em so much, even when I didn't need to to try to the feel for em again...as for Grabbing, and SS dodgeing...I know, trust me, I know I need to work on em....but I either use em at the wrong time, Or i don't do em soon enough....I really need to work on those I know....but at least it makes me glad to know that you think My pit is good enough to receive a 7.5-8 outta 10, that i'm very releaved to hear.:laugh:

kupo15

Smash Hero
if you need matches uploaded sagemoon, I'll do them. Send them to me because I just got myself a capture card type device for $40. No more DVD's! I'm so excited!

crownvick

Smash Apprentice
(baltimore) Ok Nobody Move And Nobody Gets Hurt U
Dont think so

about your comment on arrows. please look up arrow looping.
arrow looping might be effective for some people but for me it doesn;t work on. It seems like a wast its about a 2 sec recoil. I can say this because in my jorney in facing pits. I have lost to one and he doesn;t use looping. Link use it if u believe its effective.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I need a video that shows why arrow looping is better than just going to hit them. Seems to be a waste of timing and spacing. Seems to also leave you very vulnerable. Until then, it's a useless technique for just taunting. Post them ASAP. Especially doesn't seem to help a character who has a very weak mid game.

Oh yea, and use WoI to pursue and edgeguard off the stage, or targets that are farther away. Pit's jumping is very bad for pursuing, but his WoI are great. It also helps very much with spacing. Not to mention, if you get hit, you're still safe. Never use WoI unless you absolutely have to, or if it's safe to do so.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Okay they're being uploaded right now... In tournament it's been helping me more than not. For example I was able to pull off an arrow loop to bair in losers finals against a MK 2 times in a row to win the match.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I need a video that shows why arrow looping is better than just going to hit them. Seems to be a waste of timing and spacing. Seems to also leave you very vulnerable. Until then, it's a useless technique for just taunting. Post them ASAP. Especially doesn't seem to help a character who has a very weak mid game.

Oh yea, and use WoI to pursue and edgeguard off the stage, or targets that are farther away. Pit's jumping is very bad for pursuing, but his WoI are great. It also helps very much with spacing. Not to mention, if you get hit, you're still safe. Never use WoI unless you absolutely have to, or if it's safe to do so.
Show me a Pit who doesn't utilize Arrow Looping and I'll show you a Pit that will never meet his potential.

Arrow Looping and all of it's variants are vital to perfecting Pit's mindgames. I doubt I'll ever be able to take a Pit player seriously as a competitor that doesn't utilize Arrow Looping to some extent.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Show me a Pit who doesn't utilize Arrow Looping and I'll show you a Pit that will never meet his potential.

Arrow Looping and all of it's variants are vital to perfecting Pit's mindgames. I doubt I'll ever be able to take a Pit player seriously as a competitor that doesn't utilize Arrow Looping to some extent.
Then I'll just have to beat you in a tournament match. If I don't beat you, then I'll have to learn arrow looping. Simple as that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ok kupo, I want to send some replays as well. Of course, I will need your code, but it will be easier to be in either PM or in Undr's Pit forums place. I'll have to discuss this later.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Then I'll just have to beat you in a tournament match. If I don't beat you, then I'll have to learn arrow looping. Simple as that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6QHph6HOPU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBvPZXwkZ4k

Watch those. Also keep in mind that I've placed 2nd at the last 3 tournaments I've played. They are with well known players too, just about everyone you can name from WA. I used arrow looping in the tournament, it helped me win >_>. Proof of point?

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Those videos just helped convince me you guys are prioritizing arrow looping over spacing.

And UndrDog, doesn't have to be tournament match. It could be money match or just a friendly match if that works for you. But if it's a friendly, I don't want any johning if you lose that you weren't trying.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Sagemoon, you used your Arrow Loop so effortlessly! How should I practice in order to do that? I can Arrow Loop, but I am not all too great with it, and I seldom hit my opponents with it. Any tips?

I know, Samus is my main, but Pit is my alternative, and I like both of these characters! So awesome!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Those videos just helped convince me you guys are prioritizing arrow looping over spacing.

And UndrDog, doesn't have to be tournament match. It could be money match or just a friendly match if that works for you. But if it's a friendly, I don't want any johning if you lose that you weren't trying.
Don't worry man. When the day comes it'll be a legit match.

link2702

Smash Champion
soo....is anyone else gonna face my Pit and help me..and telll me what I need to improve on ;_;

link2702

Smash Champion
what about any Combos with him....? a buddy of mine last night that also mains Pit, did some Crazy combos on me, but they were so quick I couldn't catch all of what he was doing.....I just know that I went from 0% damage to 85% in less then 5-6 seconds..I do know that a couple started with a glide, he used to just glide attack and I'd shield grab him, he usually feel for it, but last night....he went from the glide attack immediatly to an Utilt, then to a Uair...and then thats about all of it i can remember....and that was just one of the ones he did...i never seen him do that good before, I usually beat him, but last night he was insane, it was like I was fighting an entirely different person.....

Top Bottom