• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Mario spin Wario around with the cape when he's on his bike?

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
i Have no idea i just cape him not the bike. I'll do some tests with that.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Does it reverse the direction of my bike jump?
I'm pretty sure once I jump off i'm back in control.

And I still have Waft.
Plus, if I'm Wario, I won't let myself be put into a position to be gimped, and will be gimping you.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Does it reverse the direction of my bike jump?
I'm pretty sure once I jump off i'm back in control.
It doesn't unless you're about to jump off.

Reversing the bike kills your recovery because you're farther away from the edge. The farther you are, the more danger you're in of not getting back on the edge. Wario's up+b is very easy to gimp, and the waft doesn't always work from what I've seen.

Popertop

Smash Champion
My recovery is so good that I can play around off the edge way more than a Mario could.
And if you keep trying to come out and gimp me then I'm gonna bait you into something deadly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, you can cape Wario while he's on the bike and it's fairly easy to set up another cape when he jumps off. Because of Wario's aerial mobility, it basically becomes a battle for the edge if you decide to go off the stage to try to gimp him. Either way, in this situation, someone's usually going to wind up dead.

Gringleman

Smash Rookie
his momentum is already heading in an opposite direction, that + fludd + another cape really messes him up
of course this is all theoretical I dont even know if you can cape his bike in the first place
I don't think a simple cape can really mess up Wario's "momentum" because Wario's DI is just way too good.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I don't think a simple cape can really mess up Wario's "momentum" because Wario's DI is just way too good.
That's what's so good about the cape. The better your opponent's aerial mobility, the better the cape works. It reverses their speed and direction at whatever speed and direction they're going when they're hit. That's why it's so terrible for characters like Wario and Yoshi.

Still, their DI makes up for most of it. It certainly doesn't make the cape less useful against them, however.

Top Bottom