• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I use Jigglypuff for Kirby training?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
K, so in the past week, I've been testing Jiggles as a main. BUt after using her some, I played a friend using Kirby for kicks and did surprisingly well. I usually was meh with Kirbz, but I became good, landing "combos" on my opponent. This got me to thinking: can Jiggles be used as Kirby training?

First off, I KNOW JIGGLES AND KIRBY ARE TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!!! and not clones.

But there are some similarities: Great recovery, great air moves, pink, etc. Even though They have many move differences and physics differences, similarities are there. How can these help?

Air Moves: Jiggles can be used here for training, even though her fair is Kirby's bair.

Smash moves: From what I've seen, Jiggles has more lag after her f-smash and it seems to be less powerful then KIrby (i might be wrong.) So you'd have to rely on other ways to KO which may also work for Kirbz.

Weight: Jiggles is lighter, making her die earlier. So it becomes needed to to play a game of avoiding hits. This may also help Kirby

Recovery: Jigglez has better jumps, but lacks a good recovery Up B. Under situations, you may be crippled as Jiggles, which may give a hand to Kirby players to be careful with gifted recovery training.

Jiggles seems to be stripped down from KIrby with out moves like Hammer, Stone, and other moves that make kirby unique (she has Rest and WoJ though.) So playing without those moves can break dependency.

Is this a good idea, or no?

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
Sometimes, playing as another character can help improve your playing, esp matchups, but i think the best way to improve with any character is to play as that character

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ummm... in the air, that could work, but the characters are different, and if you try to carry over instancts from one character to another, you are going to screw yourself over (I also play both characters, and let me tell you, if you try to use Kirby's ground game on puff, you will be VERY disappointed.). It's best to practice each character individually.

If you really want to do it your way, then just remember that Jiggly's ground game is nonexistant, whereas Kirby's is actually good (MOAR UTILT!). Hell, Jiggly should never really be on the ground anyway unless she's grabbing.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
But there are some similarities: Great recovery, great air moves, pink, etc. Even though They have many move differences and physics differences, similarities are there. How can these help?

Air Moves: Jiggles can be used here for training, even though her fair is Kirby's bair.
I play blue kirby =/ so that similarity doesnt carry over.

Kirby's air game is a whole lot different than Jiggs' IMO. Her Dair doesnt spike the way kirby's does and instead its used to combo with other things or set up the rest, her pound is used to juggle, uair isnt that great, and she's just faster in the air.

Stick with kirby for improving kirby. I think by playing jiggs, you probably just improved your spacing in the air, cuz thats all jiggs does.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
There will be a point and time during a match where you can predict your opponent and Down B will kill alot its all about mind games with back air son one of the best approaches in the game Kirby is your man.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Their aerial movement speeds and control are totally different.

ONE good thing I can think of is:
1. Jigglypuff's Up B sucks, so you will not be using it.
2. Kirby's Up B also sucks, but people think it's good, and tend to spam it too much.
3. If you're used to not using Up B, when you transition over, that may be one bad habit that you don't have :D

Also, if you're training with Jiggs, don't use Pound much because Kirby has nothing like it...the hitbox on that thing is so messed up..

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Punctuation is your friend, Rock...

@ OP: Play Kirby. He isn't garbage.
Well it was 5am when i posted i get lazy, Kirby's side b in the air is To beast, Jiggly whats broken in melee but Kirby has made a definite comeback.

Lovely

Smash Lord
No. Use kirby for kirby training.
Very true, some character's have similer attacks, but Kirby and Jigglypuff is very diffrent to train and master the similer. Maybe ground attacks they are similer, but not anything else. ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Also, if you're training with Jiggs, don't use Pound much because Kirby has nothing like it...the hitbox on that thing is so messed up..
But then you'll get used to not using pound for Jiggly, which I believe is a crime against humanity and heavily sanctioned by the Geneva Convention.
Basically, treat the two as seperate characters. You shouldn't use Ike to get good at Marth nor should you use Jiggz to get good with Kirby. Characters in this game aren't clone enough to use one character to get decent with another.

§leepy God

Smash Master
There's no point of training Jigglypuff to be good with Kirby, you'll obviously be better with Jigglypuff if you train with her. And why switch? Jigglypuff is way better than Kirby, she has the sun hat and Rollout. :p

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Kirby and Her Majesty are two completely different characters. If you attempt to use them interchangeably, you'll **** up your game for both characters. Stick with Kirby if you want to train Kirby...

Top Bottom