• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Brawl+ Succeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Say what you want,
the Mainstream will choose if Brawl+ will have Manual or Auto LC

and there are really really good arguments for Manual!

You hear it over and over again in all Smashboards:
"Brawl is as Technical as brushing teeths"

Do you really believe that any option, which makes the game more Technical will be ignored for a "new" Brawl? ^^
The argument for Manual has basically become "we want a press a button"

Brawl+ is about adding options and depth (Technical or otherwise). Manual-L-cancel doesn't add anything substantial that Brawl+ doesn't already add.

brawl+ wont be a good compettitive game.. point..
You're not even going to try it are you? Even Melee vets gave Brawl a try before realizing it sucked.

And please continue L-cancel discussion in the other thread. That's why I made it....

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Looks like nothing has changed in 3 weeks since I last dropped in. Good to know I've no catching up to do, I suppose, but at the same time a little disconcerting.

No matter. Anywho, I don't think you should be hacking a game to make it better. If you HAVE to hack the game to make it better, it isn't worth the money and time you spent getting the game in the first place. I remember when I was but a young'un and my friend and I would hack the GCN Ocarina so that holding Z made Link go really really fast. It was a riot, but we weren't trying to better the game. We were just goofing off. Brawl+ is making a whole new game out of the materials you have and things you can't change. If you'll go to that extent, you're better off programming your own game with the physics/characters/nuclear missile blast radius however you want it. That or play the game with all that stuff already there and skip the months spent sitting at a computer (and you know what game I'm talking about ;) )

This has all very likely been said earlier in this thread, and probably elsewhere on the site, but that's my two cents.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Wow. Looks like nothing has changed in 3 weeks since I last dropped in. Good to know I've no catching up to do, I suppose, but at the same time a little disconcerting.

No matter. Anywho, I don't think you should be hacking a game to make it better. If you HAVE to hack the game to make it better, it isn't worth the money and time you spent getting the game in the first place. I remember when I was but a young'un and my friend and I would hack the GCN Ocarina so that holding Z made Link go really really fast. It was a riot, but we weren't trying to better the game. We were just goofing off. Brawl+ is making a whole new game out of the materials you have and things you can't change. If you'll go to that extent, you're better off programming your own game with the physics/characters/nuclear missile blast radius however you want it. That or play the game with all that stuff already there and skip the months spent sitting at a computer (and you know what game I'm talking about ;) )

This has all very likely been said earlier in this thread, and probably elsewhere on the site, but that's my two cents.
This is not for bettering the standard Brawl community. This is for those who like everything but Brawl's gameplay. Going back to Melee won't give you Brawl's new characters (and certain characters FAIL in Melee).

And you know how much MORE time and money it would cost to create our own game from the ground up? You can't be seriously be suggesting that over modifying existing materials.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
This is not for bettering the standard Brawl community. This is for those who like everything but Brawl's gameplay. Going back to Melee won't give you Brawl's new characters (and certain characters FAIL in Melee).

And you know how much MORE time and money it would cost to create our own game from the ground up? You can't be seriously be suggesting that over modifying existing materials.
Exactly. It's not even plausible to make a game with all the things Brawl has going for it and the technique of Melee, at least not without gobs upon gobs of cash. There are just some things about Brawl that this hacking isn't going to be able to change.

I realize that Kirby and GaW are teh suck in Melee and got buffs. Character favoritism should not be one's drive for bending the rules of a game. When I played Brawl, I was a staunch Falcon main (hence my username being somewhat Falcon and Brawl related). I came to accept that Falcon was terrible in Brawl, and made a good effort to be the best Falcon I could be, win tournaments and all that. It didn't matter to me because I knew what Gimpyfish and people like him had done and thought it was at least possible. When I realized just how bad he was, I was not a happy camper. Did I want to change that? I thought about it. Why did I go back? I realized what I already said about hacking and went to the better game.

Don't get me wrong here. Truth be told, I barely picked up Falcon when I played Melee (I used Ganon, but that's something else entirely). I liked some of the newer characters like Lucario, Wolf and TLink, but it just wasn't worth it. I also liked that Luigi was buffed. Regardless, I play Melee now and I wouldn't go back to Brawl.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I don't think you should be hacking a game to make it better. If you HAVE to hack the game to make it better, it isn't worth the money and time you spent getting the game in the first place.
Too bad that I already bought the game when Sakurai trolled us all into believing this would be the best game ever. It doesn't cost a dime to use hacks, so why NOT at least try it? If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Exactly. It's not even plausible to make a game with all the things Brawl has going for it and the technique of Melee, at least not without gobs upon gobs of cash. There are just some things about Brawl that this hacking isn't going to be able to change.

I realize that Kirby and GaW are teh suck in Melee and got buffs. Character favoritism should not be one's drive for bending the rules of a game. When I played Brawl, I was a staunch Falcon main (hence my username being somewhat Falcon and Brawl related). I came to accept that Falcon was terrible in Brawl, and made a good effort to be the best Falcon I could be, win tournaments and all that. It didn't matter to me because I knew what Gimpyfish and people like him had done and thought it was at least possible. When I realized just how bad he was, I was not a happy camper. Did I want to change that? I thought about it. Why did I go back? I realized what I already said about hacking and went to the better game.

Don't get me wrong here. Truth be told, I barely picked up Falcon when I played Melee (I used Ganon, but that's something else entirely). I liked some of the newer characters like Lucario, Wolf and TLink, but it just wasn't worth it. I also liked that Luigi was buffed. Regardless, I play Melee now and I wouldn't go back to Brawl.
Brawl+ has been going pretty smoothly thank you very much. It's not a horribly broken game that you seem to be insinuating it is (first paragraph, though I might be reading too deep). And it DOESN'T take "gobs of money"...

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
I think it can succeed. It'll be like that tournament edition quake game maybe if done correctly. Just have some faith in it :).

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Players choose Brawl, but Melee chooses you. The game isn't for everyone, Brawl appeals to casual gamers which make up 3/4 of the world gamers, that's the only thing going for it.. to me brawl feels like generic oversold PS3,Xbox games.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Did anyone ever talk about ROB in this topic? >_>

Anyways, I'd rather play bawrl than bawrl+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom