• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can anyone explain how to shdl better

Boom!boxx

Smash Rookie
ive seen the thread and vids of how to do it the right way were u can hit a kirby with it ive been practicing it but i cant seem to get the timing right when u press the b botton ive done it a couple times but not in a row like i saw in the video can someone make a better vid were it shows the dude pressing it on the controler or just explain it way better plz:dizzy:

Squipy

Smash Cadet
Well if the youtube videos didn't help you, try this.

First practice short hop single lasering. Try learning the timing of the single laser well. If you hear the gun make no sound, yet you still shoot a laser, you perfectly timed your shl.

After getting that down, try shooting one laser at the top of your short up, then shoot another one after like your SHL. Make sure you're only pressing the B button twice. Anymore than two times ruins it I believe. So just try and find where to shoot that first laser, then your second one will be silent and perfectly shot. You'll learn the timing and get the feel with practice.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
If you quickly double tap B just as you get to the top of your short hop it should work. Modify the timing as needed.

J4pu

Smash Champion
ive seen the thread and vids of how to do it the right way were u can hit a kirby with it ive been practicing it but i cant seem to get the timing right when u press the b botton ive done it a couple times but not in a row like i saw in the video can someone make a better vid were it shows the dude pressing it on the controler or just explain it way better plz:dizzy:
If you've done it a couple times then you clearly know how to do it and your timing is just off most of the time, just practice for gods sake don't come make a thread asking how to do it when you have done it before and understand the button input.
practice perfects moves not asking other people's opinion on how they do it.
we get a new thread like this every other day asking about some move that is clearly explained in the stickies, please think before you post.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Just keep practicing. That's really the only way to get this down. There aren't any secrets to it, it just takes practice like Melee's SHL for Falco did. I couldn't do it at first yet I knew what to do. By the end of my competitive Melee career, it was easy to do. Just practice.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I have the same **** problem as well, I did a bunch of times by mistake though... it would make my game much better...

TETRAbomba

Smash Rookie
as soon as you jump you need to be thinking of the timing of the lasers the timing is the key when teching any move in this game. Falco lifts up an as soon as his head stops rising you need to be firing off the first last the second needs to come shortly after it, but not too short because it'll go over short characters heads...

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Man, I could understand wanting help with the gatling combo or something, but this isn't an advanced tech or anything. Just go into practice and try it a couple of times to get the timing.

Top Bottom