• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can any of you help a noob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Liking your character is super important unless ur playing tournaments, and even then you still gotta like who u play as. I use pika because I like his speed and mindgames.

My second choice is Falco beacue he looks cool and has some really good moves......and hands of my bread.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
D3 is a good way to get started thats who I used at first and still to this day

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You will find many characters that you like.

I started out as a Pit main. After that I moved to Zelda, then Pikachu, then King DeDeDe, then Snake, Wario, Link, Marth, Ike, ROB, and every other character out there. I settled on Lucario on January and I finally moved to Sheik around the beginning of February.
In the end I learned about every character. I kinda have an insight in most match ups now, but I love Sheik.

I gave up competitive Brawl about a month ago. Now I just lurk on the boards some and try to advance the game (even though this past weekend was more than just lurking). lol

Jane

Smash Hero
And practice against REAL players, not CPUs. And make sure that you have skilled opponents.If you try as hard as you can, then the general rule is how harder they **** you how better your practice is. Online is fine too, you can get so much skill from online practice. Offline is a tad better but ONLY if you have good opponents. If you have not, go online and join the AiB ladder or whatever.

And don't be discouraged if you suck you can always get better.

good advice is good.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
sounds like your a super noob as id call them but thats ok just heres some tips for you

learn the game and learn every characters moves and their properties then you will know how to counter them

dont play with items on unless your joking around it makes it less random and therefore more based on skill

pick characters that YOU ACTUALLY LIKE for now its ok to play low tiers but later on you may want to pick up someone in the top 12 of the tier list to place well in tournaments but considering you like pika and dedede you should be fine in that department

find a stage that you really like and learn it well for example i love lylat, halberd, and rainbow cruise in brawl those are some of my staple counterpicks in tournaments

go on character specific forums for the characters you like it will help a buttload in learning your character

Atomic Yoshi

Smash Apprentice
You might wanna try Ike. He's pretty easy imo, cuz whenever i use him and i'm in a tight situation, i just jab. He can also get some early kills. Also, people forget to prepare themselves against him. :)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Strategies: Play random, first character you get, learn. That's how I got to be a Peach main.

Tip: Don't eat the yellow snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom