• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cameron and Juan's AMAZING Tourney 2 Miami, FL Postponed.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

Remember that tournament at that kid's house? The AMAZING tourney? The one in the garage? Well, we're doing that again, with more action, and almost definitely more than just that garage (couldn't get inside the house, my mom's stingy about that), but either my buddy's house next door or my backyard will be 100%. The tourney ran great last time, and will be even better this time!

Here is the address:
Address: 14444 s.w 92 terr
Miami, Florida,

Now, this is MY HOUSE. The only rule about conduct is if you wouldn't do it in your house, you won't do it in mine, and please no smart *** remarks like "Oh, I do whatever I want in my house." Just behave.

The only game played will be SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL AND SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE (and maybe Brawl +)

The official set date is pending.

$5.00 entrance fee, $14.00 per team Melee and Brawl, $7.00 for singles Melee and Brawl
70/20/10 split for doubles, 60/30/10 split for singles for melee and brawl.

Here is the rundown for what's going to happen:
Day 1: 12:00: Open garage for melee doubles signups; friendlies (will have Brawl station if there is demand).

Day 1: 1:00: Melee doubles starts.

Day 2: 1:30: Either continue last tourney, or start next tourney.

My mom wants everyone out at 7, because of starting school johns.

Concessions may be sold outside of the house, so bring extra cash!!!!!

If you need direct assistance, you can call one of the following and we'll get back to you ASAP:
786-478-2130 Cameron
305-343-0692 Juan

Tell all of ya friends!!!

Here are the rules:

3 stock
8 min
ALL items off.
Rounds are best 2/3, grand finals are 3/5.
Bring your own controller.

This time around, I'll use the pool system. If I get under 32 entrants, then I'll do 4 pools of 8. If more than 32, then I'll do 8 pools of 8 (I seriously doubt I'm getting 64 people, considering the fact that I only got 14 last time). This will eliminate the whole complaining of people being put together first round. I'll put each of the final two in the final brackets, making it so that winners of pools fight losers of different pools. Give me feedback on this idea.

The winner will be determined by stock, then precent. Sudden Death will NOT be played. If both stock and precent are equal at the end of a match, then a one stock 2 minute math will be played. If a player falls off the edge with their opponent causing sudden death, then the one causing the scuicide will be deemed winner.

You will start your set with the following, with both players agreeing to the stage:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

The loser of the first match will choose from the following stages to play from:

Counterpicks:
Pokémon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
If agreed upon, ANY stage can be played.

BEFORE the first match begins, you may choose one stage ban so it cannot be played through the set.

Dave's Stupid Rule is on. For those who don't know what this is, I shall explain:
If you win the first round in FD, then that's swell. Your opponent CP's and you lose. You will NOT be able to pick FD.

MK Infinite cape glitch is banned.

Gentlemen's Rule in effect.
*These rules may vary. Keep looking here for updates*

I got confirmation on a Melee tournament, and this will be a two day event: one for each game. Melee would come first, then Brawl. If there is time and interest, then I'll host a Brawl + tourney.

4 stock
8 min
Ties will be broken by stock then %. If both are equal, then sudden death will be played.
Items OFF.
BYOC
Wobbling is not banned, but if your opponent does it, you have my permission to slap them in the face while they're wobbling.
Any form of stalling is banned.
Friendly fire is on.
Life stealing is on.

I'm thinking of doing pools, like the brawl tourney, so there is no complaining about placing, but still, as with brawl, give me feedback on this idea.

Stages will either be stage struck, or if stage striking is not mentioned, then random stage select will occour. The following stages will be selected at random:
For singles:
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams.

Doubles:
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

CP's for both: Anything that is not banned.

Banned for singles only:
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom 2

Banned Doubles Only:
Fountain of Dreams
Mute City

Banned for both:
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Dave's Stupid Rule applies.

Smash 64 friendlies on Puredrive's hacked wii will be played in between tournies.
If I missed anything, tell me and I'll go ahead and fix it.

Brawl:
1. TheGorditoBoy
2. PureDrive
3. Poltergust
4. verycoolguy
5. Gargag
6. chachu
7. Doom Dragon 105
8. Creaty
9. BBQTV
10. NickRiddle
11. Mostri
12. Tommy G
13. Just Jordan
14. Windex
15. zeroshadow89

Melee:
TheGorditoBoy
Doom Dragon 105
NickRiddle
Shoshone

Brawl +:
TheGorditoBoy
Puredrive
Doom Dragon 105

TV's:
Cameron
Cameron
Cameron
Juan

Wii's:
Cameron
Juan

I only need a few more tv's, and of course wii's to go along with them. If you bring either a tv or a wii for both days, you get 50% off of the entrance fee, and if you bring a tv AND a wii, then you get free entrance.

#HBC | Gorf

It depends on my moms mood. If she wants it to be after school ends, then that's what she wants. I'd perfer it to be earlier, but it's her house.

EDIT: In case you thought I meant after school ends that day.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I dunno.... Florida Gaming is even farther away and it already has roughly 50 people going. >.>

#HBC | Gorf

the problem with PnT is LCD tv's... you are gonna have to convince a store to supply component cables
You're absolutely right. When I go there on Saturday and if we agree on something, then I'll get component cables. If not, then I'll just have it in my garage like planned.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
"If a player falls off the edge with their opponent causing sudden death, then the one causing the suicide will be deemed winner."

What if the match doesn't end in a sudden death, like in Ganon's case? It'll either be SD or Ganon loses depending on controller port, so would Ganon still be named the winner?

#HBC | Gorf

"If a player falls off the edge with their opponent causing sudden death, then the one causing the suicide will be deemed winner."

What if the match doesn't end in a sudden death, like in Ganon's case? It'll either be SD or Ganon loses depending on controller port, so would Ganon still be named the winner?
Well, the controller port will be decided on rock paper scissors, but you bring up a good point. I'll think about it.

#HBC | Gorf

If someone really cared about ports and there's a big dispute, then you'll rock paper scissors.But yes, I've seen this happen, but I'm gonna have to let the person who suicides win. It isn't really fair to the person who took you off of the edge.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
if thats true, you wouldnt have taken the time to point out the extra "h" i added in due to there not being enough "h" in this thread.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
>__< um pnt is closer to mah house sorry. i would goto this if it was on diff date. lol but i noticed u already changed it enough o.o.

mostri

Smash Cadet
hello. i am new in eeuu. i live in westchester. is your tournament near? i dont have game cube controller. i have wii pad. i can use this in your tournament? . my talent will surprise you. please respond.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I could bring a copy of Melee with me, if that's alright. I might even bring my Wii with hax. and a TV.

#HBC | Gorf

To mostri, Westchester is near, about a half hour away. I'd be more than happy if you came.

To shoshone, that'd be sweet if you came just for friendlies, completly fine with that. If you can though, bring your game just in case.

And for verycoolguy, I'd be fine with you bringing a copy of Melee. I think I have plenty of TV's and Wii's, I have four, and if I need more I wouldn't want to ask you, but thanks for the offer.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Well my TV isn't really a good one. It's LCD so it might lag, even if I have HD cables to help reduce it. The more TVs the better... We could just use mine as a friendlies station. The offer is still on the table. Also, texture hax!!1

#HBC | Gorf

Umm hell ya? Me and Juan were like let's add our favorite stages as cp's! He picked Pictochat, I picked the amazingness that is Jungle Japes.

Top Bottom