• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

callout to australian smashers

captainlukey

Smash Ace
hey guys as the title says, im looking for any australian smashers who want to play a tournie....
it would be preferable if you live in NSW, but any other state is fine if your keen on a drive....
im hoping to go ahead with a 25 man tournie if we can get the numbers...
i dont think we will but, i have a few friends who are keen so that puts the starting number up to about five,
the winner will recieve a bottle of black douglas (or watever you drink) and if you dont drink, then ill buy him or her a fifty bag....
please post here if your interested with your location and preferable time to do it... because the fact of the matter is the smash scene here in australia is pretty **** house... and i wanna tourny... i have recording equiptment so that we can all take some footage home...

oh yeah i live in glen innes nsw, my msn is captainlukey@hotmail.com, im ussually on between 9 am and 3.30 pm....

come on aussie guys... we have to prove we can kick it with the yanks...
reply quick so we can set it up and do it..
must bring own controlls

captainlukey

Smash Ace
yeah thats pretty cool man....
do you think many people will come to this one?
im new to this tourny setting upy stuff

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hey guys as the title says, im looking for any australian smashers who want to play a tournie....
it would be preferable if you live in NSW, but any other state is fine if your keen on a drive....
im hoping to go ahead with a 25 man tournie if we can get the numbers...
i dont think we will but, i have a few friends who are keen so that puts the starting number up to about five,
the winner will recieve a bottle of black douglas (or watever you drink) and if you dont drink, then ill buy him or her a fifty bag....
please post here if your interested with your location and preferable time to do it... because the fact of the matter is the smash scene here in australia is pretty **** house... and i wanna tourny... i have recording equiptment so that we can all take some footage home...

oh yeah i live in glen innes nsw, my msn is captainlukey@hotmail.com, im ussually on between 9 am and 3.30 pm....

come on aussie guys... we have to prove we can kick it with the yanks...
reply quick so we can set it up and do it..
must bring own controlls
Welcome

Sydney has regular competitive Smash tournaments that get around the number you're looking for. They already run bi-weeklies and monthlies, but if you can set up a tourney of your own that should be a bonus too.

If you want to prove Australia can kick it with the yanks, come to Melbourne on June 9 for Comrades 2. There will be a pretty good American there for you to kick their *** with, as well as many other Aussies from other states:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80773

captainlukey

Smash Ace
Lol hi, welcome to smashboards, but if you look around you will find a thread already dedicayed to Sydney smash. Here it is: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99027.

Go here and introduce yourself and meet some of the regulars.
dude i dont want to go sydney i want to have a tourny here....
but ill say hi to the regulars....
but sydney is too far away from here man... its 6hours drive.... at best

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL I just looked at a map and you're a lot closer to the Gold Coast and Brisbane. You should go there and play - they have some very good people - as for you setting up a tourney... you're in the middle of nowhere - good luck ><"

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Maybe when SSBB comes out and has Wifi you can join in on comps anywhere but for now youll either have to wait, go to brisbane or if your lucky you might find some people in your area.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You think you have it bad being that far off? Try living in PERTH.

WTB more smashers, pst

Bjay

Smash Lord
captainlukey said:

dude i dont want to go sydney i want to have a tourny here....
but ill say hi to the regulars....
but sydney is too far away from here man... its 6hours drive.... at best
Hmm, you don't mind people driving but you don't wanna come? :S well like it was suggested, there's Queensland tourneys and meets. :)

KnGi

Smash Rookie
well the main reason we don't wanna drive is coz we don't really have spare money to throw on petrol money to go anywhere.. therefore we just want a small tounry that people close by (such as grafton, inverelle, pinkette, armidale).. places like that can just come here and play.. but we are thinking of going to one of the tournies sooner or later (hopefully sooner rather then later)... so yeah... hopefully thats cleared up a few questions people have had... if not then keep asking...

Peace Out:
KnGi

captainlukey

Smash Ace
...Road trip, QLD guys?
Could be a fun night/day or 2?

:) (I'm being serious btw)
it would be cool if you guys could come down.... i really wanna tourny...
but not a full on one for my first....
i wanna see where i stand in the grand scheme of things.....

captainlukey

Smash Ace
Well I'm keen, it would be good practise for my driving.
+Roadtrips are fun.

Just need to convince these kids up here really.
who do you need to convince?
and where do you live?
maybe we could come to you guys or something....
and we should set a date if we are definatly gonna go through with it.

Jaz

Smash Ace
well comrades is coming up yeah?
i think Dj is driving down with a few people, is glen innes on the way?
a smash pit stop on a road trip perhaps?

to get a tourny happening cape' tan lukey, you don't need that many people, and its very unlikely you'll get those high numbers around where you are, in major cities that number is sometimes a problem,

i suggest you save up and attend a qld tournie, i highly doubt all of the qld scene will come to geln innes for a 25 man tourny, but you should know what you are getting yourself into aswell, advanced techniques and stuff, although you could already know these things ^_^

if i ever drive up to qld from sydney i'll be sure to give you guys a buzz, have a phone number?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah, living in a small-ish town or area and trying to convince your chums that taking up competitive Smash and doing all these advanced things is hard.
They seem to think, that cause they probably won't play against better people they only need to be good enough to beat each other.
Ahhh well, yesindeed, the best thing is for you to get the majority of your players from around your area, hopefully you have a dedicated bunch; players from Sydney/brisbane would only be as toppers/extras.
Is what your aiming for.

You'd be surprised how good of a scene you can get with only a few people.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
ummm ok..... me and my friends all know the adv techs for our mains... and we are quite good.... we are not noobs here... we want competitive smash...
to prove it to you i could go on about WD, SHL (im a falco player), SWD (which one of samus players can do consistently...)
but the point is we want a tourny... i dont care how manny people come, and calling us noobs isnt a good way to go about it.....
so when are you guys going through glen?
and i already have a few people down here...
i wouldnt just want a tourny not knowing how to play advanced... but ive never played any pros or anything, thats why we just want a small tourny, just so we can see where we stack up in the grand scheme of things... and who knows you mite be impressed

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I'm in a similar situation to you.
I live in a small town with a few other Smashers (except at least yours are eager to get deeper into the scene)
As Syke said, there is a tournament coming up in Brisbane soon, maybe if you can make the trip that would be your best bet.
And if you can come to Comrades 2 then that'd be cool, there'll be lots of challenges here.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Just who I was hoping would reply to this.
How annoying that must be/and is.

Anyway, set it up, and we'll come if we can.

1. I'm not coming down until probably the 5th/6th of June.... I doubt there will be time to stop by....but don't rule it out.

2. How soon can you hold it?

3. I looked on the map...and its not THAT far....by my standards.
Like maybe a third of the way to Sydney, if that.

4. Go to Comrades, it'll be awesome!

5.Whats with these stupid numbered questions/statements???

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
1. Well I just looked on Whereis.com and its only 4 hours away apparently. Not even 400kms.
Craziness!
So yeah, now I'm even more pumped then before.

2. Doug: When are your holidays?

3. It would be awesome if you held something before Comrades, would be great practice for us/you lot (if you go), cause we ain't having anything before then (apparently).
Then you guys can come up to us for our next tourny (in late June/early July perhaps. I don't know really)

captainlukey

Smash Ace
my msn is captainlukey@hotmail.com...
we should discuss thiis properly....
anyone who is keen add me and well talk about possibilities and everything...
where do you guys live... cause i could come to you maybe if you would rather that....
less than 400 kms away isnt bad... id gladly drive that far for a good smash...

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
So, my Dad doesn't really want me to try and drive all the way to Sydney in one day.
SO, if you have room to sleep me for a night, then maybe I could stop by and stay the night, on the way down to Comrades 2. :grin:
HOPEFULLY i'll have at least one other Queenslander with me...so you actually get to verse someone half decent, lolz.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
when are you going to comrades?
i could probly put u up for the night.....
and how old aere you dude....
but yeah that shoudnt be a problem

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i just read your link....
tuesday the fifth is fine....
and i would like to come with you to comrades.... but im not sure if i can get 50 bucks....
me and a mate would like to come to comrades... if you will have us... and ive got your msn... everythings coming together.... and i mite get to go to melbourne... yay... i win....
thanx dj... be seeing ya on msn no doubt... and i take it noones coming with you?
if you need a buddy for the long drive im keen.... and do you no anyone in the heads?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Well, try be between 9ish-10 30 on a weeknight and later on a Friday/Saturday.
Except it just so happens i'm going to a race meet this Friday, but i may pop on later if i have any energy. :cool:

Otherwise it would be great to have someone join me.
Email me if you can't catch me online.
Lastly, the date isn't set in concrete yet, but it will be give or take a day or 2.
Depends what ma boss says...

EDIT: Also check the Melbourne, Comrades 2 thread for info on a hostel to stay, or with someone if you want.
But if you want in on the hostel, tell Jaz as soon as possible.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Ill drive down with ya DJ. To Glenn Innes that is I am not coming to comrades. We are taking my car though.

What characters do you play Luke?

captainlukey

Smash Ace
Ill drive down with ya DJ. To Glenn Innes that is I am not coming to comrades. We are taking my car though.

What characters do you play Luke?
im a falco man.... but i play a bit with fox....
what training should i do to get ready for comrades?
and who do you guys play? and do you have any vids of yourselvs i can watch?
and who is jazz?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
1. Dunno...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Sykewanwan - Videos
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/TECH_TEAM - TECH
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/The_Ward - WARD

3. Jaz is a Sydney Smasher doing some of the hostel organizing, making HEAPS of awesome banners and tuber of himself at Wet n Wild

Hmm, i should just add you'll probably need...maybe $250 AT LEAST all up to pay for food, accomodation, maybe a flight back?
You may be able to get accommodation with some of the Melbourne guys.
They are a friendly bunch. :)

Either way I think I'll stop by In Glen Innes regardless. ;)

Jaz

Smash Ace
3. Jaz is a Sydney Smasher doing some of the hostel organizing, making HEAPS of awesome banners and tuber of himself at Wet n Wild
that's how you introduce me?

nice!

I'm making some edits to the final booking tomorrow cap'etan I'll include you if you can guarantee me you'll be there with Dj and will pay 18 a night for three nights at the hostel that goes for any friends you bring along ^_^.
i also forgot to add Dedu and ne0n into the mix so i'll be emailing them tonight to update the booking I'll talk to you on msn if ya like...

I'm not a bad guy.... i just have to be pretty strict with these bookings, ya know? some people have a tendency to say one thing and do another

not that I'm accusing you of such things.... nor you guys being n00bish O.O where did that come from?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I want to get out of Brisbane this holiday. Unless of course, we have visitors.

Jaz, remember to take photos and videos of cuteness happening in the hostel. That would make me so happy.

Top Bottom