• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Darn $50 million? That's a lot of moolah.

Though I remember reading that GTA IV costed around $100 million.. O_O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gta_iv

"Overall, Grand Theft Auto IV took over 1000 people and more than three and a half years to complete, with a total cost estimated at approximately $100 million, making it the most expensive game ever developed.'

And I thought that GT5 was bad. Been made for the past 5 years and has cost $60 million so far...

EDIT: Played my first match in MW2.

Map: Estate
Final Score: 9-4
Streaks: 2 UAVs
Current K/D ratio: 1.42

S

smash brawl player 99021

I love certain killstreaks and what not. The Harrier Strike is too good. Chopper Gunner is amazing as well.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This thread will be under going some major editing soon, stay tuned.
Agreed. Not sure exactly how we will do it, but expect some changes soon.

Keep us updated, F8AL. It's what you're best at. :)
Yeah F8AL really should deserve some sort of award or something... He's very consistent.

I just hit 70 and unlocked the AK47. My god it is the same as the one from Cod4. One badass mother****er!

I love it..
This just made my day. I can't wait for the AK47. So far I only use a SCAR or M16. The rest of the assault rifles bore me.

So far I've gotten my K/D ratio from a 1.5 flat to a 1.65... It's going up slowly but surely. :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fun games earlier, F8AL.

You love playing defensively, I saw you in the bushes in that corner on Underpass about 7 times, haha. I hate Derail with a passion.

I'm glad I did so well first game, but then there was my steady decline...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Leaderboards, I think.

If not, check Barracks.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
M16 is my favorite gun hands down. People call it lame; I call it effective. Anyway I use:

M16 w/FMJ (added damage) and Holographic Sight
Bling Perk
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Demolition seems to be the best way to level up so my Demolition setup is
M16 w/Silencer and ACOG
Bling Perk
Cold-blooded
Ninja

Couple that with Tactical Insertion and you're going to have one annoying ******* flanking you most of the game or defending a base really well.

Also, best score I've gone so far is 47-2 on that small snow stage with the two rooftops. Got Chopper Gunner twice and the Gunner actually sits RIGHT in their spawn letting you kill them over and over again. So funny.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I've stated using the TAR-21 also. Man it kills REALLY fast. It's pretty good though...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I still haven't unlocked the chopper gunner yet... It's easily the best kill streak award other than the tactical nuke. I've gotten a few AC 130's off of emergency air drops and I only got 4-5 kills with it because people just hide in buildings the whole 30 seconds.

EDIT: Icy why do you and I always post at the same time? :\

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ok, I just beat the campaign.

I found it pretty unrealistic how Price could shoot down a helicopter by himself. It's like in CoD4, in the mission "All Ghillied Up", where you can snipe down a helicopter...and pulling out a knife by bashing 'x' is surprising satisfying and amusing how you kill sheppard: with a knife to the face! haha :p

And it sucks how you don't get to kill makarov...maybe he'll be the bad guy again in MW3? (and techincally sheppard was a bad guy too but only in the player's eyes, no one else knew) And I hate the cliffhanger ending on how nikoia has a 'safe place' for you and price to hide in cause you guys are now wanted criminals. We'll see in MW3 which I predict will be released in 2012. (maybe on the next-gen consoles? people predict that this generation will end in 2012) (next year is Treyarch then the following year is the new third developer)

Yeah F8AL really should deserve some sort of award or something... He's very consistent.
Haha thanks guys, I just love MW2 and sharing new information/news with you guys.

So far I've gotten my K/D ratio from a 1.5 flat to a 1.65... It's going up slowly but surely. :)
My K/D ratio is currently 1.61 :) (61 kills, 38 deaths and a 9 kill streak!) And I'm currently lvl 7.

EDIT: Rumor: New MW2 Game Modes Uncovered

http://kotaku.com/5409028/rumor-new-mw2-game-modes-uncovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWvAFOwDUU

"but this clip sure looks like it's revealing some new multiplayer modes for Modern Warfare 2, found lurking somewhere in the game's code.

There are three modes in total: VIP (just like Counter-Strike), Capture The Flag (with a single flag between two teams) and Global Thermonuclear War, which one side has to capture. Once captured, the thing goes off, killing everybody.

If you squint through all the garbage written on-screen, you can make out allegations that these modes are all tucked away on the disc waiting to be unlocked as DLC."

EDIT 2: Some neat Highrise spots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTBnfN1U5Ao

EDIT 3: And did anyone here find the campaign kinda short? I beat it on normal mode in less than 6 hours.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love being kept up to date on everything. Seriously, thanks F8AL.

I've actually found a simple Claymore to be very, very useful in Search and Destroy. Not so much the bigger maps.

When you run an MP5k w/Silencer, Claymores/Stun x 2, Marathon | Lightweight | Ninja, you can get to a key position really fast and place one in a great spot. A good example would be either side of Highrise, because you can run underground and place one in the hallway above the helicopter.

And to be honest, I didn't find the campaign too short. Some missions just didn't take a lot of effort, like "No Russian". You could finish that pretty quickly if they didn't always sidetrack you into doing something that takes up some time. (ie. not being able to sprint while killing civilians, the cutscenes or parts where you get sidetracked when
rescuing Captain Price.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love the Riot Shield. It's just so fun to use.

Riot Shield
Spas w/ Grip
Throwing Knife
Stuns
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded
Commando Pro

It's just too good. Especially when I'm playing with my friends and they back me up with this.

"You make an excellent distraction."

Does anyone else beside me use Cold Blooded with everything? I just really don't feel the need to use Stopping Power in this game. =/

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'll be on Xbox Live sometime tonight. Anyone that HASN'T gotten my GT yet, and has the game, contact me so we can play :D

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I got a few class Ideas down. This is still in the prototype stage (since I'm not getting this game 'till Hanukkah), but this should work out.

Scout:
UMP/MP5K/P90
Pistol
(both are silenced)
Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja
Throwing knife and smoke

Sniper:
Intervention w Heartbeat sensor
PP2000/TMP with red dot sight
Sleight of hand
Stopping power (cold blooded is viable)
Steady aim

Soldier (name in progress):
SCAR with holographic sights
SPAS-12/AA-12/Whatever shotgun is good with heartbeat sensor
Scavenger
Stopping power
T3 perk pending

Explosives:
M4 with noob tube
Thumper/RPG
Scavenger
Danger close
T3 Perk pending (I got this from a friend at school)

Heavy:
Good Machine gun
Good Rocket Launcher
Scavenger
Stopping power
T3 Perk pending

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm pretty exhausted from a busy day at a friends house.

I'll be up for some games tomorrow. Icy, we still need to play.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
There's already a thread for this, but sure. I unlocked the veteran version of the SCAR-H Mastery, it looks alright.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Modern Warfare 2 Selling Just Fine On PC

http://kotaku.com/5409738/modern-warfare-2-selling-just-fine-on-pc

Proving that the Modern Warfare 2 "boycott" was more hollow tantrum than actual boycott, Infinity Ward have revealed that the PC version of the game has been outselling its predecessor.

"The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 has actually outsold the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in it's first week", IW's Robert Bowling posted on the company's message boards. "Making it the most successful PC version."

The quote was made in response to claims that the PC version of the game accounts for only 3% of MW2's total sales in the UK, Bowling adding "Essentially, all this percentage proves is that the console versions sold great, not that the PC version sold poorly".

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wow. My second game with the M21 EBR and I go 34-0-1.

Chopper Gunner is ridiculous.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Chopper Gunner is incredibely broken. Better than the AC130,IMO.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Chopper Gunner is incredibely broken. Better than the AC130,IMO.
That's because it is. The killstreaks should be swapped, or the Chopper Gunner needs some sort of 30 second time limit.

AC130- 11 kills
Chopper Gunner- 13 kills

However, it doesn't make sense that a huge AC130 wouldn't get as many kills as a simple attack helicopter.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I just played like for 2 hours with Mad.
He's good ;) We did some Spec Ops and Multiplayer.

****I think we need to start discussing strategies and best guns and what not.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Great games, Icy. :)

You played very well at the start, but your K/D steadily dropped... the Riot Shield kills were too funny. Work on being less aggressive during SnD, man.

I think you'll like the ACR.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I think we should nickname riot shield kills Turtle Warfare.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I finally unlocked my 1st pro perk! Sleight of hand! :D
Congrats! Go for Scavenger Pro next, it's amazing being able to pick up grenades, stuns, and ammo from any and every body.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That saved me 6 hours of wondering what happens in the campaign that I'm not gonna start until Some time late in 2011.

Thanks.

That was funny.

WHY IS THE CHOPPER GUNNER SO BROKEN!?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got my first AC-130 today! Got it in my care package! So fun! And I also got my best score, 19-4. :D

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That saved me 6 hours of wondering what happens in the campaign that I'm not gonna start until Some time late in 2011.

Thanks.

That was funny.

WHY IS THE CHOPPER GUNNER SO BROKEN!?
I have no idea why but I love it so much.

It makes getting a nuke that much easier.

I got my first AC-130 today! Got it in my care package! So fun! And I also got my best score, 19-4. :D
Good stuff. My best is 34-0-1 on Afghan. Only because of a Chopper Gunner.

Top Bottom