• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Solid September, Ashburn, VA 9-26-2009

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Date
September 26th, Saturday (One Day Only)

Place
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

This is a LAN center, it is located in a business strip mall thingy. There's plenty of parking all over the place, just don't park directly in front of the building, as those spots are reserved. Look for the big C3 sign. This tournament will be held in the new BACK ROOM of C3, which can hold 50 people comfortably. C3 has also purchased 10 new 32" televisions which we can use for the event. Please bring Wiis! 5 $5 venue fee discount will be given to the first 5 Wiis.
703 728 7301 (My cell)

Price
10$ Venue Fee
10$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ a person)

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot.
Singles will pay top 4, 55/25/10/5. Doubles will pay top 3, 60/30/10.

Schedule
11am - Doors open, Registration begins.
12pm - Registration ends, Teams begins shortly after.
2-3pm - Teams ending with singles starting
8pm - Tournament ends, everyone leaves.

Rules

This tournament will be enforcing a 50 edge-grab planking rule. If your character grabs the ledge 50 times in one match (as shown at the end match statistics), AND the match times out, you automatically forfeit that match. (Keep in mind, you will not come close 50 edge-grabs in a match unless you are actively trying to stall the match on the ledge.)

This tournament will also be banning King Dedede Standing Infinites. This includes the "small step" infinite. Characters affected by this are Samus/Bowser/Donkey Kong/Mario/Luigi. If any of these matchups occur and a one standing regrab is used, the player has the right to pause the match and call me over. I will issue a warning and watch the remainder of the match, and if another standing grab occurs, the player will forfeit that match.

1 Stage Ban before the set starts. 1st stage is RANDOM select. Loser of first match picks stage, then winner selects character, then loser selects character IN THAT ORDER. You may not select a stage you have already won on in the set (unless opponent agrees).
Best 2 out of 3 with finals being 3 out of 5.
If timer runs out, then match is decided by higher stocks, then lowest percentage. If percentage is tied, 1 stock rematch on same stage occurs. If match ends in a tie for any other reason, a 1 stock match is played out.

Starter stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS
Lylat Cruise

Counter PICKS:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delphino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED

3 Stock
8 Minute time limit.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Everyone please notice the NEW STARTING TIME!!! Hope everyone can get up bright and early.

Also, the tournament will be held in the NEW BACK ROOM. Bring wiis!

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
aww it wont run past midnight so I won't have a smash tourney on my birthday.

day before birthday tourney! yaaaaay

I will probably go to this. most likely, say 80%

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
ill be at this. too bad ill miss other tournies this month due to school and work.>_>
Teams anyone?

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
im going and teaming with korn!

who dares to challenge candykorn?!?!!?!?!?!
Maybe if yall team all the time you guys could be waaaay better than you are now. And if that happens, maybe yall can make some noise at Pound 4 in teams.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
80% sure I'm coming.
Needing a teammate.
Might have to leave before singles due to Girlfriend's-Birthday-Johns. We'll see.
Someone team with me!

BMX

Smash Lord
****it lemme get back at ya, EE. Gotta request off. then a ride request.

We need to make money. D:

Do you wanna win?

Top Bottom