• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Cyberclub 1/24 Results

BMX

Smash Lord
I really hate facing crewmates bcuz well... i suck lol

anywayz i met some cool ppl im glad.

Everyone:gud **** 2 many ppl for shouts

g-regulate

Smash Hero
On the issue of yelling and "shit talking":

There is nothing wrong with cheering on a fellow crew mate or whoever. Shouting "Good shit" "nice KO" "keep it up" "don't worry about it" "stay focused." etc. etc., anything positive you can think of to say to your crew mate in your own words is totally allowed and even encouraged.

However the line gets crossed when...
A. People are SCREAMING. Not yelling, but SCREAMING. Cheering on your teammate is fine, but do it on your crew mates side, not behind the opponent so that you are purposefully distracting him.
B. there is Obvious shit talking. Yelling things like "I can't believe you died to that, you're terrible", or, "Damn man, you are awful", "You suck ass.", "You can't handle my friend", etc. etc.. Stuff like that shouldn't be allowed and if I'm running the tournament I'll tell people to stop.
C. People are Coaching. I don't know if there's an official rule but coaching should not be allowed, something like "He air dodges too much, punish it" or "He's being aggressive, shield camp him," or, "Use Nair to kill him! Use Nair!". That isn't allowed.

On the other hand, there's not always going to be someone to enforce such rules, so either bring headphones as a precaution, or simply be prepared for people booing and shit talking you. If anyone here has been to an OOS tournament than you'd know that no one roots for you, and people will try to get under your skin. You just have to learn to concentrate on the match and tune out the assholes.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i had to ask someone to stop coaching once that night. it wasn't a big deal, but any advantage is an advantage nonetheless. fortunately he understood and stopped. :)

Oath.

Smash Ace
I don't think there is to many if any I have one of HMS K-9 doubles but I don't think I am uploading that

Also your sig is 100% mk free then why do you use mk so much in tourney?
b if its the match vs BMx and i could you upload all 3 of those?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
i had to ask someone to stop coaching once that night. it wasn't a big deal, but any advantage is an advantage nonetheless. fortunately he understood and stopped. :)
I was going to upsmash you anyways its a grab release I know how to use my own character so it wouldn't matter if he coached or not it really wasn't coaching

b if its the match vs BMx and i could you upload all 3 of those?
I have the doubles match with you bmx taj and k-9 but no singles matches at all

Oath.

Smash Ace
I was going to upsmash you anyways its a grab release I know how to use my own character so it wouldn't matter if he coached or not it really wasn't coaching

I have the doubles match with you bmx taj and k-9 but no singles matches at all
thats what im talking about

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
@lilB93: i didn't use meta that much, and that doesn't mean i wont use him to counter if i feel i need to. at this point, That ban meta thing has become more of a gag or symbolic thing lately. I'm seeing a few people sport the original pic in thier sigs, like Overswarm. I'm frickin awesome in Photoshop! that, and every once in a while i feel like not doing any work in a match and spam B and DSmash lol...

but yeah, i still hate on meatknight...:(

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
lol sonic? scary? the? :urg:

you guys doin alright?

btw i'm trying to pick up another secondary but im stuck between DDD, and Marth. plus i have no idea who to work on seriously next... sad face...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
really? why? who else have you played that used sonic that would make you think like that? or you just dont like his game...?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Video Update

Grand Finals are uploaded.

All of the singles videos have been converted from the recorded format into WMV's, and have been copied onto the PC I use for editing (windows XP machine). Hopefully I can upload them on friday or sunday.

Edit: Channel click here to check it out

SOVAman

Smash Hero
really? why? who else have you played that used sonic that would make you think like that? or you just dont like his game...?
He is just plan annoying imo also if want names of sonics I have played in the past are Taj(HMS), shadow?(I think that is his name) and recently you

Top Bottom