• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom being an enigma this day really didn't help...

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Day 3 Ends

BoomFrog
has been eliminated, they were:

alignment- town
role- distracted mailman
active abilities- each night, you may send me the name of a player and a message for them of up to 20 words.
passive abilities- your message will either get lost, go to the wrong person, be replaced by
a junk message, or a combination of these; you will not be informed which of these apply.

============ GAME OVER ============

the town have failed to find the threat in their midst...

Ranmaru & UtopianPoyzin
...have lost in the endgame !

MAFIA WIN

Congratulations to the mafia team:
somitomi & #HBC FrozeηFlame !

Anyone may now post in the thread.
More details to follow.

Thank you for playing Completely Vanilla Mafia​

Last edited:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I def felt that boom/xivii were more likely to lightning rod each other than focus on me so I wanted the boom/FF/xivii powerwolf pool for lylo and then decided I would just tunnel UP and hope someone would bite or believe his partner was Xiivi or boom, even somi was fine getting paired with UP if people were down to get UP first

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin nothing personal homie just had to stick to my guns and keep up the flustered/lost town persona since people were giving me gut town reads for it /shrug

If anyone other than merc thought I was really trying to **** talk their skills this game I apologize because that was never the intent, literally just scum shade throwing, comes with the territory

Chaco

Never Logs In
GGs y’all.

I got snowed by you hard as **** FF. I knew something was off on Somi at D1, but his inactivity made it impossible to pursue, and ultimately I just dropped it. I was thinking after I removed him from my PoE though that the same reason I did remove him, was what made him scummiest from the claim. But I was dead. Lmao.

This would have been a hard fought town win regardless due to town being so heavily active and beating all over each other for content

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been ****ting bricks thinking everything was going to fall apart ever since EoD1, this was a ****in nailbiter even if game's papertrail doesn't reflect it on a surface level, there were so many close momentum calls that I just kind of lucked out on

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I def felt that boom/xivii were more likely to lightning rod each other than focus on me so I wanted the boom/FF/xivii powerwolf pool for lylo and then decided I would just tunnel UP and hope someone would bite or believe his partner was Xiivi or boom, even somi was fine getting paired with UP if people were down to get UP first
Your final read list was really awful man.... :p Somi is the one who got us in the end.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your final read list was really awful man.... :p Somi is the one who got us in the end.
dude it was so hard for me to read where you and ran were leaning this phase I just had to commit to something. Like I was expecting to be dealing with a pocketed xivii this phase and have him and you go at it and I'd be the kingmaker. Ran replaces in and completely undoes my expectations from the slot and then you started to get on UPs side which I was NOT expecting from EoD2. I wasn't exactly panicking, but I literally had to overhaul my strategy on the spot, it was brutal

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP this is why it is important to re-evaluate. I am slightly frustrated with y'all not being open to coming together and mostly at myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This was a fun game though. I think how you handled replacements should be more public Kary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now that game is over: I was actually set to replace in for Merc... who got lynched D1.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also I have to say osie hardclaiming protective was such a ****ing blessing because it gave me a free out to NK that german shepard of a slot literally digging his teeth into my arm and refusing to let go. That alternative explanation for the kill with a little extra WIFOM mixed in I think REALLY helped me dodge the spotlight in D2

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chaco Chaco sorry to give you the bullet before LYLO homie, I def felt you were the least trusting of me between boom you and xivii. If you're willing to humor me, had I left you alive, who would have been the best kill for me to make in order to pocket you for lylo? we were leaning killing xivii instead so I could claim that theres nO wAy I would kill the slot backing me the hardest if I were scum going into lylo

Chaco

Never Logs In
Activity is hard for some I know, but it’s so a huge crutch in this type of game when you have heavily active slots, and intermittently active slots and then just blatant join a game and not play type slots. That’s just frustrating for me, and right, while I understand we should have let him live and be replaced he technically was active enough not to be. He was posting, but just not contributing. Same with 3DS, it’s like we have to seek early replacements and it’s just a massive blow to figuring things out. For me it was more of a point to make that you can and will be killed for being blatantly anti town in lack of contribution but still here enough to post and say you’ll do more later. So yeah that’s my bad for allowing that to snowball, but it really was irking me

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't think he should have been lynched D1 at the very least.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The play should have been let him live and get replaced.
no way dude not when I can get a free ML out of it :p

but nah in all seriousness, its one thing to just be completely MIA, its a complete other to pop in the thread just to taunt about how you're refusing to play and everyone should just deal with it

obviously I was scum pushing that narrative but I legitimately would have pushed that slot as town too, no bull****. I know you have to take me at my word there but I think any smashboards vet knows that active lurking is not something I take lightly

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think if Kary mentioned he was being replaced town would at least consider letting him live or let the replacement (me) die.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco sorry to give you the bullet before LYLO homie, I def felt you were the least trusting of me between boom you and xivii. If you're willing to humor me, had I left you alive, who would have been the best kill for me to make in order to pocket you for lylo? we were leaning killing xivii instead so I could claim that theres nO wAy I would kill the slot backing me the hardest if I were scum going into lylo
That’s tough. But I feel Xivii being gone would have had me looking around to much, I was suspecting Boom some time how he was sitting back. But Xivii was probably the right play to sway me. UP I was townreading but near as heavily. If I could have hashed stuff out with Boom I may would’ve came off of him, but I would’ve landed on Somi and just stayed there most likely. I could never gain any momentum there though, so yeah, Xivii being gone would’ve taken my heaviest interaction away and probably my strongest town read sans you. But with that being said, you were never on my radar. Ultimately I would’ve only voted you due to consensus from everyone else. So ultimately you played it right I think.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This was a fun game though. I think how you handled replacements should be more public Kary.
Now that game is over: I was actually set to replace in for Merc... who got lynched D1.
The play should have been let him live and get replaced.
Overall my intentions with replacements was to disrupt the game as little as possible.
It was not an easy decision to make.
There is a lot more I could say, and I may do so in a minute here.

I also think you might be saying this from the perspective of knowing mercuri flips town.

I do appreciate people's feedback though.
So let me know if you have any issues with this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I figured, but I think it still influences it either way just in a different manner. Also maybe. I am glad I replaced in later instead.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good game everyone and thanks to Frozen for being the brains of the operation.

No, man, you were seriosuly onto me today. I actually don't know how I lived this long considering my reads were mostly hogwash.
Yeah but then I overlooked you for Boom. I would have risked Boom over you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think if Kary mentioned he was being replaced town would at least consider letting him live or let the replacement (me) die.
I figured, but I think it still influences it either way just in a different manner. Also maybe. I am glad I replaced in later instead.
Part of the decision was I didn't know whether mercuri would show up in the last 24 hours.
If he suddenly started playing the game, then I probably don't replace him.

Top Bottom