• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.Falcon's true Chain Grab

Kyuuber

Smash Cadet
Yo Smashers
I discovered that C.falcon has chain grab on two chars in Brawl
And I discovered that he can do some movies using this kind of chain grab on some chars
please wacth my video
I needed to divide it in 3 parts
watch all of them
I think you're going to be happy learning the things that I posted in the video

So...it's here:

C.Falcon Chain Grab and simple tricks in Brawl - part 1

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=a9mM0DxBy28

C.Falcon Chain Grab and simple tricks in Brawl - part 2

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=LauqrTNcGHo

C.Falcon Chain Grab and simple tricks in Brawl - part 3

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=g_UYXJag6CA

Ps: The quality of the video is not the best...but I think you can understand ^^

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
cool :D
but to me it seems the Uair and Knee after the grab release are escapable (on ness)?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

I like C. Falcon. I hope these are well-tested and true CG's as you say. Maybe you've bumped up the good ol' Captain a few notches on the tier list- or more. :bee:

Zeallyx

I like C. Falcon. I hope these are well-tested and true CG's as you say. Maybe you've bumped up the good ol' Captain a few notches on the tier list- or more. :bee:
even though it seems to be a good find, this may be a lil naive :p

and Mmac, thanks for testing

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The chain grab does not work on Ness. The F air to U air is escapable for Ness he can jump away or jump and spot dodge. You have to completely buffer the dash grab in order to come close to grabbing Ness, and you will still miss if he spot dodges with DIing away.

You can chain Meta if he jump releases. Just jab and then wait and grab then jab and wait this way he always jump breaks.

you can just U air Ness' jump break though. No F air or F air to U air...

I testing this in NTSC version not Pal.. Don't know if that makes the difference...

Ness has to DI away and spot dodge to avoid the regrab

Captain Falcon's grab break speed is impressive... He can certainly do a number of things because of this. You can chain grab the characters with bad jump breaks and probably follow up into jump break combos...

Zeallyx

The chain grab does not work on Ness. The F air to U air is escapable for Ness. You have to completely buffer the dash grab in order to come close to grabbing Ness, and you will still miss if he spot dodges.
*hugs the next poster in tears, to seek comfort*
WHYYYYY *sniff* WHYYYYYYYYYY

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
The videos are nice. Also, couldn't you do the moonwalked jab from some grab breaks as well? Just thinking about it, it COULD work.

Kyuuber

Smash Cadet
Here I am again
so
I tested in human players(my brothers)
they used DI and tried to use a dodge
but if you're fast you really can chain grab ness and squirtle
all this things were tested in human players
So I think it really exists

Kyuuber

Smash Cadet
Your brother needs to DI better and spot dodge faster.
He can't be more fast than C.Falcon after the grab,Ness and Squirtle have a delay when they escapes from Falcon hands,and it is enough to C.falcon do a Dash+Z before they dodge

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Ness can jump out of it any when Captain Falcon releases there is some air time to air dodge the next grab. Good theory but I'm not sure how well it will hold up in actual play.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Ness can jump out of it any when Captain Falcon releases there is some air time to air dodge the next grab. Good theory but I'm not sure how well it will hold up in actual play.
I have a friend who mains ness. We'll test this out later in the week and i'll report back(unless i forget to)

Good finds none the less.

Kyuuber

Smash Cadet
Yesterday I was remembering,Yoshi has "infinite" Chain Grab on Wario,so Let's try it with C.Falcon in the same way i tried on Squirtle and Kirby in the part 2 and 3 of my video ,so I discovered,he don't have CHain Grab on Wario
But, i discovered an important thing!
When you grab Wario with C.falcon,stop hiting him and wait until he escapes from your hands
When he escapes he has a hitsun(delay) ,during this you can hit him with C.Falcon's Fair,Uair,UpB,Nair and Uptilt,maybe you can hit him with another atacks,i don't tested the others,but I know that he can hit Wario at any percentage
So if you grab Wario at 80% to more
wait for him escapes from your hands and so do a Fair,he will die :D

Zeallyx

Yesterday I was remembering,Yoshi has "infinite" Chain Grab om Wario,so Let's try it with C.Falcon in the same way i tried on Squirtle,so I discovered,He don't have CHain Grab on Wario
But, i discovered a important thing!
When you grab Wario with C.falcon,stop hiting him and wait until he escapes from your hands
When he escapes he has a hitsun(delay) ,during this you can hit him with C.Falcon's Fair,Uair,UpB,Nair and Uptilt,maybe you can hit him with another atacks,i don't tested the others,but I know that he can hit Wario at any percentage
So if you grab an Wario at 80% to more
wiat for him escapes from your hands and so do a Fair,he will die :D
This is already known
but good that you found it yourself too :D
free knee's ftw

Tenki

Smash Hero
btw, I had this awesome idea against a certain person's ZSS on wifi, to air release him by the edge.

I had a feeling he'd do his down-B, so I went ahead and did the knee.

He did it.

I landed the knee. He landed the spike.

too good lolll

TheFast

Smash Lord
the lucas video shows that it doesnt work the computer dodges after you hit him with you dash attack, also metaknight and Lucas could tech after you hit him with the dash attack

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed that trick where you travel across those 3 stages, very useful mindgames let alone that reverse Falcon Punch itself, very useful for DI. Good Job :)

Top Bottom