• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Not to be rude, but has Spooky Mystic's sources been right about anything? This just seems really abrupt.
All this uncertainty is great to be honest. I'm glad this grinch leak came out of nowhere and mixed things up. Something very difficult to prove true or false. It's way more fun than if we got something completely irrefutable that would stop any other speculation. People had resigned their fate up till now, thinking that we were just getting at most Ken, Incineroar, and a Square Rep, from what Vergabend was saying. This sweet chaos wont last forever, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can X3

Pakky

Smash Hero
"Down Special: Bulk Up / Revenge
The down special divides itself in two moves; Bulk Up and Revenge.

The Bulk Up move is one that is defensive in nature. Incineroar flexes his body and a flame from his fire belt travels upwards over his torso, causing his muscles to thicken. In this state, he will receive super armor against the next attack that hits him, similarly to Ryu's Focus Attack. Visual reference.

In addition, by pressing B and holding directional input, Incineroar will be able to perform a command grab. This is the Revenge move, yet another move Incineroar doesn't normally have, but still kinda makes sense give how the move works. However, this only works as soon as Incineroar is hit during Bulk Up, essentially working like a manually-inputted command grab counter."

So good @GoldenYuiitusin

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the main discussion thread got temporarily(?) locked so I came here to ask:

Even with the leak, nearly all leakers are certain of Incinaroar. Do you think he could be the first DLC character, and come free for those who have Nintendo online?

And if you think that, are you alright with it?

Pakky

Smash Hero

Even with the leak, nearly all leakers are certain of Incinaroar. Do you think he could be the first DLC character, and come free for those who have Nintendo online?

I'm alright with him being DLC I just don't think he will be.

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
I could live with him being DLC, yeah.
Yeah, as long as he gets in at all, I'm happy xD

It would definitely suck if he became one of those infamous characters that were in development but had to be cut entirely before the games release OTL

Weren't Chorus Kids supposed to be in smash 4 but got cut?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I posted my thoughts on Incineroar in the Isaac thread but then I figured it would make sense to post them here too.

I was thinking about Incineroar.

I think there are a number of scenaros in which he could still be in the base roster or at least added very close to release.

For one thing these banners were being used for some sort of display right, so their purpose is for marketing and promoting the game. What makes them any different than the box art or that download card people could buy that didn't have every character on it?

If Incineroar were to get announced a few days before release (as either a base game character or as a free download on day one) then it would make sense that he wouldn't appear on any of the promotional material. (which would already be in stores at that point)
I think Incineroar could be a base character, but only if he's announced after all these displays and banners start getting shipped out to stores. (so a few days before release)

This does also bank on him being the last character announcement, and while people think that would be Banjo & Kazooie there isn't actually a precedent for the final trailer reveal being a big explosion. (see Shulk or Duck Hunt for the last game)

This is all assuming the Grinch leak is real of course.

Last edited:

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729

If the choice was paying a few extra bucks for my most wanted newcomer or not getting in Smash ever, I would absolutely choose the former.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
With how divided people are on this leak, I think it's safe to say many will be in for a shock regardless of what gets proven false/correct. And that's probably for the best to be honest, the surprise factor is half the fun! I almost feel bad for enjoying it so much XD

Even if I don't get Incineroar, my main Lucario got back in. That's enough satisfaction to last me the whole game uwu

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
Never believed in that rumor. I think we're seeing Incineroar in Smash in just two days!

D

Deleted member

The day of judgment is soon upon us.

This could be our last stand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Someone in the general thread mentioned an Incineroar trailer that's just a wrestling promo with Incineroar or his trainer cutting a promo on the crowd only for Ken to make the Babyface save and I LOVE IT. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Someone in the general thread mentioned an Incineroar trailer that's just a wrestling promo with Incineroar or his trainer cutting a promo on the crowd only for Ken to make the Babyface save and I LOVE IT. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!
Best timeline. I think we might get a mix of this and the Grinch characters being somewhat real.

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
He's the most backed character by journalists and leakers. They also seemed aware of this Direct happening and probably have all the information about the final roster.

I think people here should be more positive at his chances. Besides Ken, he's the character I believe the most in. He's the ultimate heel after all!

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
This is what all of our teamwork and support has been building up to guys! Regardless of what happens, glad to get to see you all and all the support we brought! But anyway, not that I'm worried, I'm fully faithful in the big cat

Pakky

Smash Hero
This is what all of our teamwork and support has been building up to guys! Regardless of what happens, glad to get to see you all and all the support we brought! But anyway, not that I'm worried, I'm fully faithful in the big cat
We're cruising through this one low diff.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Agreed! I have a good feeling about this!

D

Deleted member

Alright Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct. The grinch leak will be confirmed or deconfirmed.

Hope Incineroar is involved.

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
You know, if that 2 nintendo directs rumor is true, then they would most definitely save a character reveal or 2 for the other one as well. If that grinch leak is true, it helps spread out the 7 or 8 different character reveals they intend to do lol. The last smash direct had 5 characters revealed so it's not out of the question that this one will have another 5, then save 2 or 3 for that other Direct later this month :3

Last edited:

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
You know, if that 2 nintendo directs rumor is true, then they would most definitely save a character reveal or 2 for the other one as well. If that grinch leak is true, it helps spread out the 7 or 8 different character reveals they intend to do lol. The last smash direct had 5 characters revealed so it's not out of the question that this one will have another 5, then save 2 or 3 for that other Direct later this month :3
The tweet said this will be the final direct before release

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
There's still a rumor there may be 2 Nintendo directs this month, in general, not necessarily Smash directs specifically
I'm not sure what Nintendo would be showing off then. They already have their 2018 holiday games out and/or announced, And it showcasing Q1 2019 games seems a bit early.

Top Bottom