• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
He still has gotten things wrong before. Not just this Castlevania thing. There have been instances where he had incorrect sources and this is one of them. He is not infallible with Smash predictions.
Except there's no possible way his Castlevania and Smash sources are the same.

It's two different games from two completely different companies. There's no feasible way a single source can cover both.

While the two games intertwined in his leaks, the fact that he got a ton of stuff right for Ultimate indicates that the Castlevania stuff was definitely not from the same people as his Smash sources, since the latter is the only thing he got wrong so far. And even then, he only got the games wrong because we did get a Castlevania announcement.

His words can't be taken as gospel, but this is just not nearly related enough to Smash to hurt his Ultimate leaks' credibility.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So after my last debate about the Owl I have come to realize people are just salty and mad about Inceneroar getting in.

People don't want a cool wrestler that can possibly do a whole array of things. No they want an owl that can shoot arrows, and that's about it.

I mean, I get the owl has a cool design but man that's it.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I heard people claiming Incineroar might be a semi-clone? But I don't really see it. How come this rumor came to pass?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So I heard people claiming Incineroar might be a semi-clone? But I don't really see it. How come this rumor came to pass?
I'm not sure where that rumor came from. I don't see any characters out there that would match its abilities.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
They obviously mean King from Tekken. Sakurai taking a step forward and making a semi-clone of a character from another game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not sure where that rumor came from. I don't see any characters out there that would match its abilities.
I heard them suggest Bowser, Wolf and Charizard hybrid stuff. Which seems very unfitting.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I heard them suggest Bowser, Wolf and Charizard hybrid stuff. Which seems very unfitting.
I agree. Usually, I hear those names used to discredit Incineroar's uniqueness. They usually say we don't need it since we already have Bowser and Charizard, completely ignoring its wrestling theme/abilities and heel tactics. I'm not going to put much weight into this idea, I think they're just drumming up another way to make everyone hate Incineroar.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I agree. Usually, I hear those names used to discredit Incineroar's uniqueness. They usually say we don't need it since we already have Bowser and Charizard, completely ignoring its wrestling theme/abilities and heel tactics. I'm not going to put much weight into this idea, I think they're just drumming up another way to make everyone hate Incineroar.
GIVE THEM THE CHAIR!!!!

Seriously though I keep thinking his set will depend on Bulk up.

Didn't even know he got 'Power Trip' in USUM

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Some of you should know about my vast preference for Lycanroc, but I agree that thinking Incineroar could be a clone of Bowser is reaching too much. Midnight Lycanroc being a Lucas/Wolf style clone of Lucario is more likely if anything.

Last edited:

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I can't say I'm putting much stock into the idea of him being a semi-clone of someone.

If by some chance he is, I'll be a bit disappointed but at least he'll have gotten in. But I'm confident that if Incineroar does get in he'll have his own moveset. A moveset using Bulk Up or heel tactics would make for great ones!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I have seriously heard a handful of people in the past think that King K. Rool would be a "Bowser clone", since they both have claws and are large, but obviously that didn't make any sense. Incineroar will definitely be a unique fighter in the same way King K. Rool is. There's no reason to make them copies of existing characters, since they have too much material to work with on their own merits.

UserKev

Smash Champion
So after my last debate about the Owl I have come to realize people are just salty and mad about Inceneroar getting in.

People don't want a cool wrestler that can possibly do a whole array of things. No that want an owl that can shoot arrows, and that's about it.

I mean, I get the owl has a cool design but man that's it.
Back when I was consumed, the fans made Decidueye lively but now that I warmed to it.. Its a pretty lifeless Pokémon. I guess that's where my certain dislike for it always came from. Its stare is.. hollow.

I don't even believe Gamefreak is properly finished with its model anymore.
The rumor is from semi Incineroar haters. Believe me. Haha

Pakky

Smash Hero
I have seriously heard a handful of people in the past think that King K. Rool would be a "Bowser clone", since they both have claws and are large, but obviously that didn't make any sense. Incineroar will definitely be a unique fighter in the same way King K. Rool is. There's no reason to make them copies of existing characters, since they have too much material to work with on their own merits.
Literally wrong. King K. Rool will have claw attacks and breath fire. Just like in Donkey Kong Country.
Whew people are wild.
But yeah you had some of those on here back in the day.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The rumor is from semi Incineroar haters. Believe me. Haha
:rolleyes:

No offense, but based on what on things I’ve seen you say, you have been ****ting on every fan base that doesn’t agree with your opinion.

It started with Mimikyu, it then went to Skull Kid and look how well that went, and now you’re here. Like Jesus, why do have to be so negative all the time?

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
:rolleyes:

No offense, but based on what on things I’ve seen you say, you have been ****ting on every fan base that doesn’t agree with your opinion.

It started with Mimikyu, it then went to Skull Kid and look how well that went, and now you’re here. Like Jesus, why do have to be so negative all the time?
Get over it. That era came and went. I even admitted to it already multiple times. I really wish you people would go and read ALL of my post history if you all want to call my out so damn bad. I mean as far as Skull Kid, it was only common sense at the time and better than getting your hopes up. And my most wanted didn't even get it, so in that sense, it was good to be negative.

I didn't even ** on "every" fan base. I got into some arguments but at least I've could've easily been put on ignore. Funny how I'm always confronted by you goody goody two shoes that are active on Smashboards *** 24/7.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I remember this lad being quite popular among people for awhile and even brought up in regards to Paper Mario reps in Smash Bros as one of those super unlikely but wanted characters.

Rawk Hawk.gif

He was also a over the top Heel character. Funny how times change and now some try to accuse the wrestler heel character as uninteresting. I think we're dealing with dog people, that's the only excuse. Wait... Lycanroc... it is Cat V Dog warfare! But... we already have :ultduckhunt::ultlucario::ultwolf:. We need a cat. :o

Side Note- Be cool if Rawk The Hawk was Incineroar's final boss. It'd be the best thing.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I love how some people on here bash Decidueye so much after complaining about getting bashed by other threads. Leave the damn owl alone.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I remember this lad being quite popular among people for awhile and even brought up in regards to Paper Mario reps in Smash Bros as one of those super unlikely but wanted characters.

View attachment 166945

He was also a over the top Heel character. Funny how times change and now some try to accuse the wrestler heel character as uninteresting. I think we're dealing with dog people, that's the only excuse. Wait... Lycanroc... it is Cat V Dog warfare! But... we already have :ultduckhunt::ultlucario::ultwolf:. We need a cat. :o

Side Note- Be cool if Rawk The Hawk was Incineroar's final boss. It'd be the best thing.
I can actually see Incineroar having some of his moves. The slide, hawk strike, holy ** everything.

D

Deleted member

I will always like Decidueye more then Incineroar, while that is true I like Incineroar too. If Decidueye can't get in I'm happy Incineroar will. I have no problem with that and I'm happy one of the Alola starters I support could get in.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Decidueye is my absolute favourite starter, but if Pokken didn't exactly give me what I wanted out of it then I doubt Smash would.

I'd still be happy as heck with it (heck any gen 7 Pokemon), but Incineroar's my pick now that Mimikyu's out of the picture. I initially wanted Deci in Smash and Incineroar in Pokken, but I'll gladly take the reverse lol.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I love how some people on here bash Decidueye so much after complaining about getting bashed by other threads. Leave the damn owl alone.
I'm with you there. No need to tear down any other characters. We support the heel, but we don't gotta become ones ourselves.

D

Deleted member

I'm just got it's possibly going to get in. I have no Ill will about it getting over Decidueye. It's in Pokken so that's enough for me. Getting Incineroar is more then a suitable replacement for me and would be glad if it got in.

And yes very heelish indeed.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm with you there. No need to tear down any other characters. We support the heel, but we don't gotta become ones ourselves.
No one is bashing it. I was like the only real Decidueye hater. Its even still the current Pokémon in favor. At a time, Its support was so aggressively forced, something made me fought back against it. It wasn't the right way to go about it but that's how I felt.

I mean, take him for instance. He's IN the Incineroar support thread, basically opposing Incineroar.

D

Deleted member

We got another episode, guys.

That makes 4 major appearances of Kukui's Incineroar so far (EP 90 had Kukui use him in battle without the Masked Royal costume, and that's how Faba found out the identity and why he's faking being Masked Royal in this episode; he's a fanboy and wants to help keep the charade going so everyone doesn't' find out it's Kukui....and not doing a very good job at it, it seems. :p)

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
So... Incineroar seems pretty likely, huh? I don't know -why-, but I am having such a hard time accepting it. I like cats. I like wrestlers. I even like heel wrestlers! I guess I just REALLY wanted Decidueye's Ghost/Grass/Bird/RobinHoodArcher thing and not another Fire starter... I don't know how to shake this disdain, despite liking Incineroar's design. There's a part of me that just feels like Incineroar was the 'wrong choice'...

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's excitement about his growing likelihood, nor am I denying that he's the most likely newcomer... I'm just trying to talk through and reconcile why I can't accept him...

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, good luck on getting Incineroar in Ultimate!

I'm not super fond of his wrestler design, and unfortunately he is my least favorite final evolutions of the Alolan starters. I like his fire crotch move though. :bee: I've heard him mentioned quite a bit over on the Geno thread, and I'm guessing Incineroar has been mentioned in (quote/unquote)leak/s. Is this mainly why he seems so likely? Other than him being a part of the Pokemon cartoon, what other reasons are there that makes him very likely? I'm only curious, and sincerely want to know.

I'd personally like to see Decidueye as a new Pokemon fighter, if there is going to be one, but I'm wondering if they would put Decidueye in both Pokken and Smash. Hmmmm...

If they did decide to add Incineroar, I'd be happy to see him too. I'm sure he'd be fun, and easily warmed up too. And my poor Primarina will just have to sit out in the audience and sing ; ;

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For me, Incineroar always seemed like the obvious pick for a new rep. I'm not a huge Pokemon player (no time nowadays) but Incineroar was all over my social media. It probably doesn't help that as a wrestler I mostly follow wrestling fans and we all loved his goofy heel antics.

It's actually shocking to me to see him not have as much support or to see him declared "unpopular" and claim we are being "conditioned" to like him. He was always my guy. I love Zangief, King, and other grapplers, I love cats, and I love all those The Rock memes that popped up.

I hadn't even heard of Decidueye until Smash speculation. I'm that out of the loop.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I even like heel wrestlers! I guess I just REALLY wanted Decidueye's Ghost/Grass/Bird/RobinHoodArcher thing and not another Fire starter...
"Another Fire starter"? We only have one. Charizard. But so far we have two Water starters. Squirtle and Greninja. So really we have an overabundance of Water, not Fire.

But if Incineroar is true, it's the Grass types that will feel pretty left out. We'll only have Ivysaur.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't like any of the Alolan starters, or at least not their final forms.
Rowlet was cute as hell and had a wonderful sprout bow tie but the archer evo doesn't do it for me. And litten, the little sulphur kitty, had such potential as the first fire/poison type before he became another bipedal fighter (even if fighting isn't officially his type).

Lycanroc has potential to be a lot more unique, being non-bipedal and having day and night versions. Type: Null is interesting and different from a design perspective. Mimikyu would have shown off the darker side of the series and offered a fun moveset to boot. An ultra beast would showcase what's new in Pokemon. As would, to an extent, an Alolan form.

Incineroar just seems like the best of a bad bunch to me and I see little reason to pick him unless you absolutely have to have a starter.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
No one is bashing it. I was like the only real Decidueye hater. Its even still the current Pokémon in favor. At a time, Its support was so aggressively forced, something made me fought back against it. It wasn't the right way to go about it but that's how I felt.

I mean, take him for instance. He's IN the Incineroar support thread, basically opposing Incineroar.
I understand, it's frustrating to see people dump on Incineroar for the past couple of years, most notably from Deciueye fans to the point where it's become a meme. Fortunately, the hate is becoming more and more frowned upon to the point where it's just embarrassing to the outside world now. Personally, I rather week spend the energy building our character up, we might bring some of our opposition around, if not to supporters then to at least mutual respect. I've seen our thread mentioned outside in other threads a chill, I'm quite happy to keep that reputation going.

Hi everyone, good luck on getting Incineroar in Ultimate!

I'm not super fond of his wrestler design, and unfortunately he is my least favorite final evolutions of the Alolan starters. I like his fire crotch move though. :bee: I've heard him mentioned quite a bit over on the Geno thread, and I'm guessing Incineroar has been mentioned in (quote/unquote)leak/s. Is this mainly why he seems so likely? Other than him being a part of the Pokemon cartoon, what other reasons are there that makes him very likely? I'm only curious, and sincerely want to know.

I'd personally like to see Decidueye as a new Pokemon fighter, if there is going to be one, but I'm wondering if they would put Decidueye in both Pokken and Smash. Hmmmm...

If they did decide to add Incineroar, I'd be happy to see him too. I'm sure he'd be fun, and easily warmed up too. And my poor Primarina will just have to sit out in the audience and sing ; ;
Excluding leaks, I would say that one of the biggest indicators of Incineroar's candidacy is the support it's been getting from Gamefreak. Outside of the appearance in the movies and tv show, it's been getting a fair amount of focus in the TCG and merchandising and has been given loads of useful tools for GF's preferred form of battling in-game. The company just has some form of fondness for it, either a personal connection or that they expected it to be one of the breakout stars of the generation along side Lycanrock and Mimikyuu (who also have had similar focus on). It's certainly been a rising star that most have been sleeping on since its hatebase is quite vocal.

It also helps that its concept art, which Sakurai would have been shown back to when he was choosing Ultimate's roster, is one of the more dynamic of the Gen 7 Pokemon. The art is a little front-loaded as well as it included Ash and Mallow, indicating Gamefreak intended it to have some form of role in the show well before production started which could have influenced his view as it being potentially more popular/important at the time.

Yeah, that would be heely bad for us, wouldn't it? :lol:
Oh, you. That one was so bad it put a smile on my face. :rotfl:

Top Bottom