• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Building a Samus for a Spacie community.

Violence

Smash Lord
So the area around here is apparently primarily Spacies, and primarily Falco. Hence, I feel like focusing on parts of my game to fighting Falco/Fox.

Since WD-> Dsmash only works on bad spacies, I wanted to know what kinds of things I should learn, and how to go about practicing them.

I want to learn to powershield->wavedash, but I dunno how to practice it, since it's hard to get the SHL rhythm simulated without a human opponent.

I think I also need to learn how to move around faster on platforms, since I'll be needing to get around above spacies without getting punished horribly. Any suggestions on movement patterns to work on? Should I learn infinite waveland stall on a corner just to get a good mindgame/mixup?

Grab game needs to be improved, have to punish harder off of grabs and apply lots of pressure. I dunno how to practice that though...

Up-B out of shield needs to be done correctly, Up Bing opposite face and then descending backwards, Followups to Up B, with platform canceling, punishing missed techs with dsmash, I guess that all comes with experience.

Fundamentally, I need to make sure all my movement's clean too, I've been practicing wavedashes a lot lately. I guess you start with basics, and work from there, right? I've been trying to consistently wavedash at 3 different lengths: Full, half, and no distance.

Anything else that's good to practice for the spacie matchup?

Geist

Smash Master
So the area around here is apparently primarily Spacies, and primarily Falco. Hence, I feel like focusing on parts of my game to fighting Falco/Fox.

Since WD-> Dsmash only works on bad spacies, I wanted to know what kinds of things I should learn, and how to go about practicing them.

I want to learn to powershield->wavedash, but I dunno how to practice it, since it's hard to get the SHL rhythm simulated without a human opponent.

I think I also need to learn how to move around faster on platforms, since I'll be needing to get around above spacies without getting punished horribly. Any suggestions on movement patterns to work on? Should I learn infinite waveland stall on a corner just to get a good mindgame/mixup?

Grab game needs to be improved, have to punish harder off of grabs and apply lots of pressure. I dunno how to practice that though...

Up-B out of shield needs to be done correctly, Up Bing opposite face and then descending backwards, Followups to Up B, with platform canceling, punishing missed techs with dsmash, I guess that all comes with experience.

Fundamentally, I need to make sure all my movement's clean too, I've been practicing wavedashes a lot lately. I guess you start with basics, and work from there, right? I've been trying to consistently wavedash at 3 different lengths: Full, half, and no distance.

Anything else that's good to practice for the spacie matchup?
Kso all that fancy stuff isn't necessary. Samus doesn't need to be super gimmicky to do well against spacies like most lower tiered characters.

Most important things to build on are, in no specific order
- Shield pressure (how to defend against and how to apply); Up B OoS, etc
- Perfect B&B consistency, no messing up the key basics
- Knowledge of percentages; when and where to use your moves, as well as what to expect your opponent to do based off your percentage (like know to expect that Usmash)

From there it boils down to predicting your opponent in match, and knowing your situational stuff through experience. Most stuff can't always be passed by word of mouth.

How have you been doing in BC btw? Have you had the chance to play a lot of the community?

Violence

Smash Lord
I've played Noobking, Sion, Blunted, Diakonos, and Space Falcon, along with GutS and... a guy named Mike whose tag I don't know.

You can see some of my matches on my new channel BCSmashViolence.

My overall impression is that they're definitely good players, but I feel that they lack experience against Samus, except for Blunted, who just ****ed me up. I went Brinstar against him because I really ran out of ideas.

Nice people though, my first tournament's tomorrow.

Hopefully you'll end up living near me so we can smash together.

When do you get into BC?

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah Canadians are always chill :p
There's a whole lot of Samus players in BC, so I'm surprised you feel that way... hmmmm

Either way, my off-campus housing is right near Burnaby, about 15-20 minutes from your place (I'm a bit of a stalker but whateverrrr). And my semester starts on the 11th. I should be down there on the 6thish.

brb feverishly dismantling your playstyle

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
bitch where you at?

up+b oos

loooooooool

u-throw bair/nair or be baller and dair tech chase on plat

turn the sound off if you're gonna practice ps on your own so you respond to the visual cue of the lazorz... you might become accustomed to the timing you're making though so shoot from all sorts of distances

Geist

Smash Master
lol

You know... Dthrow chargebeam on sheik, Utilt Charged Fsmash at high percents to kill spacies...etc
Nothing extravagant, not like Fox.

Pi

Smash Hero
bitch where you at?

up+b oos

loooooooool

u-throw bair/nair or be baller and dair tech chase on plat

turn the sound off if you're gonna practice ps on your own so you respond to the visual cue of the lazorz... you might become accustomed to the timing you're making though so shoot from all sorts of distances
what are you doing in my section fool
do you post in every char section?
ur drunk
i'm drunk
u dip i dip we dip

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Violence, you and blowtoes need to team next tourney.
Since I'm with AIDS as usual, that will make 2 double samus teams

ThePrime

Smash Lord
gotta love canadian spacies lol
last time i was up there i remember going even with noobking and spacefalcon. I'd get ***** by blunted, and sion.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
gotta love canadian spacies lol
last time i was up there i remember going even with noobking and spacefalcon. I'd get ***** by blunted, and sion.
I had friendlies with Eric all day a month or so ago and I wasn't doing too bad.

Top Bottom