• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bronson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BETA

Smash Ace
Dang, that's disappointing. It's been interesting seeing you improve (that is, until me and you + your bros split up). I was so confused the first time you guys skipped church to go to a tournament! You and your family always put God above everything! I bet you'll still continue to be active in the tourney scene though, you and your brothers. Something like competition is hard to give up.

BTW, I still have something of yours: a VHS called Dragon Ball Z Quest. Do you ever want it back?

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
first forward then shiz!? I hope Zhu doesn't quit too

but anyway your falco is incredible and hope that you come back for brawl

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks for the positive comments.

I laughed at that comments Bailey, lol.

And yeah gusy hopefully I'll meet people at a Brawl tournament or something. And if theres an ssbm game around, I'll see if I'm still descent at it lol.

And thanks for the post BETA. Havn't seen you/talked to at all rescently. You still go to Palmetto?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, why don't we gather the Top 10 Falcos in the country. And discuss about them and make a Falco Powerankings? Lol.

*Example*

Dope
Viperboy
Lambchops
Nite
Zhu

Nite

Smash Champion
Well, why don't we gather the Top 10 Falcos in the country. And discuss about them and make a Falco Powerankings? Lol.

*Example*

Dope
Viperboy
Lambchops
Nite
Zhu
Haha. I think we should determine it by Hyrule Temple FFAs. Viperboy wanted us to have some sometime, but it never did happen. lol

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Sorry Bronson but, you're leaving for all the wrong reasons

Its time for me to put whats important in my life on a pedestal.

The main one would be God.
01. Don’t you have more important things to worry about than religion? Like, oh I don’t know… School? Work? Family? Friends? I’m sure you (like many other people) have a life and would like to get on with it. Unfortunately you won’t be getting anywhere fast if “religion” is your top priority.

I havn't had much time lately to be the devoted Christian that I am supposed to be.
02. You don’t have to be Christian. No one is forcing you.

I've been wanting to go to smash tournies rather than go to Church on a Sunday which is only one of the few times out of a week I can spend with God.
03. A) then go to smash tourneys instead
B) No it’s not. If you really believe in “God” and all that then you know that he’s with you at all times so you can spend time with “God” any time you want. Going inside a building built specifically for worshipping an invisible entity hardly makes the difference.

God is supposed to be a priority.
04. No he’s not. See first reply.

I know not everyone believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
05. Good.

But I do.
06. Not so good.

One things that remind me of this is that when I look at a Rainbow, I tell myself, "What can create this, and how"? The only answer I can come up with that sounds logical, is Jesus.
07. Then this proves that you are not smart. This proves that you are a very simple-minded person who will believe the easiest answer simply because it favours your undeveloped mind enough so that it doesn’t hurt you when you think about it. Maybe you should exercise your mind instead of your beliefs. That way it would give you a better perspective on anything and everything about the universe. Blind loyalty and belief is not an endearing trait, you have to learn to think for yourself or else you’ll be nothing but a sheep. And no one likes sheep. Do you honestly think it is “logical” for an answer to be “religion”? Logic is common sense based on facts and knowledge of how things work. If you drop a hammer from a metre high (3 feet for Americans since they have yet to evolve into the metric system) then common sense tells you that it will fall because you know that the gravity of the planet is there. It’s not “Jesus” or some higher power controlling this. And if you really don’t know how a rainbow is made then I will tell you.

“Rainbows are optical and meteorological phenomena that cause a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. They take the form of a multi-coloured arc, with red on the outer part of the arch and violet on the inner section of the arch. More rarely, a secondary rainbow is seen, which is a second, fainter arc, outside the primary arc, with colours in the opposite order, that is, with violet on the outside and red on the inside.” -Wikipedia

For more information visit my source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow

There is no possible way, that somethings as colorful and so put together like a rainbow, could be created by an explosion, or some theory.
08. I assume you are referring to the Big Bang theory. The theory of the Big Bang states that it was not, in fact, an “explosion” but an “expansion” of everything all in a matter of microseconds. And yes there is a possible way in which I will explain in my 10th reply.

For more information visit my source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_Theory

Its obvious to me that there is only one God, and he is creater of the Earth.
09. No, and no. If there was only one “God” then why are there so many other religions worshipping different gods? I’m sure whatever your answer is will be some very biased religious BS.

I mean people, just walk outside, look around. Theres no possible way that something as beautiful as Earth, could be the cause of an explosion. Everything is put together just too nicely and perfect.
10. Yes there is a possible way that something as beautiful as Earth could be created from an “expansion” not an “explosion” (see Big Bang theory above) because ANYTHING is possible and if you were as “wise” or “deep” as you try to make yourself out to be then you’d know that already but, of course, you’re not because you obviously believe in something lesser and more simple for you to understand.

Anything is possible but theories of “God” and whatnot give more probability that he doesn’t exist because of science and facts that have been discovered that actually can be explained and further disprove religion.

And a Last reason why I know that there is a God, is when I go to Church, everyone is so loving, so loving that any ordinary human could not be that loving.
11. Uh… hello? They are ordinary human beings. Humans aren’t all “hate” and “malice” people can be nice too as hard as it is to believe. And besides, they all believe in the same religion as you do so why wouldn’t they love you? They’re just as simple-minded as you are so what reason do they have to treat you badly?

They have a certain passion in their heart that you can tell is from the spirit of God. Its such a fire, it keeps them burning wanting more people to be with God. And I want to be this way, I want to burn with a passion to leave people to God.
12. Oh so you’re a cult now? You want to push your religion onto others so that you can all be the same, is that right? It’s because being the same is so good and wholesome and it will last forever? I think not. This is more proof that some people are afraid of change whether it be good or bad. Either way, change will happen and all you can do is be ready for it and adjust because as hard as you try to keep everything the same people aren’t always going to feel the same way. There is so much proof of change that it’s not even funny anymore. Times, People, Values, Prejudices; just to name a few topics. All these, and more, have changed over the course of time. In fact, I would like to see someone come up with something that doesn’t change. And if you say “God doesn’t change” then you will never change and you will always blindly follow your religion and would probably die for it if given the chance. God doesn’t count as a viable thing to say “it doesn’t change” because not everyone believes in him (see 10th reply).

And smash is one of the things that is holding me back from this. I mean honestly, smash is a fantasy. Earth is one too, I'm just passing through.
13.(oh no! 13 is the unlucky number AAAH [/sarcasm])
Passing through? To where? From where? What are you talking about? I believe your religion states that all beings on Earth were created by "God" so then you must be one as well. So, then how are you just passing through? Earth is no fantasy.

13.5. Right…

Smash is a fantasy? Yes. Earth is a fantasy? No. But, what about religion? Religion is a fantasy, ever think of that? No of course you haven’t because you’re too busy blindingly believing in it to realize it. Smash won’t hold you back from anything, you don’t have to completely stop playing smash to pursue something else. Just take it in moderation, don’t go crazy with it. Just like how you shouldn’t be going Church-crazy over your religion.

So yeah, I'll probably still browse around the smash forums to see if I can help here and there. But this can't be something that takes away from what little time I have every sunday with God.
14. You have more time than you think. See 2nd reply.

15. Wrong. Read all above replies.

Adi

Smash Lord
Wow. He wasn't trying to force his beliefs on anyone. I'm a strong atheist myself but this wasn't the time and place for those comments.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
There is no possible way, that somethings as colorful and so put together like a rainbow, could be created by an explosion, or some theory... ... I mean people, just walk outside, look around. Theres no possible way that something as beautiful as Earth, could be the cause of an explosion. Everything is put together just too nicely and perfect. And a Last reason why I know that there is a God, is when I go to Church, everyone is so loving, so loving that any ordinary human could not be that loving.

They have a certain passion in their heart that you can tell is from the spirit of God. Its such a fire, it keeps them burning wanting more people to be with God. And I want to be this way, I want to burn with a passion to leave people to God.

God>All.
Technically, yeah, he kind of is. Especially the last two parts.

D

Deleted member

worldjem7 does not reflect the true opinions of Canada pls

Shiz, apparently your falco was pretty ****ed good, I remember trying to give you the name of your combo vid..

"I can press buttons fast"

heh that was fun. Anyway man, good luck with everything.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
worldjem7 does not reflect the true opinions of Canada
lol I wasn't trying to represent Canada, thanks though.

Shiz, apparently your falco was pretty ****ed good, I remember trying to give you the name of your combo vid..

"I can press buttons fast"

heh that was fun. Anyway man, good luck with everything.
Also, I wasn't denying his ability to play SSBM or Falco either.

If you read the title of my post you'd know what I was talking about.

But, even then if he really wants to keep his religion, I already mentioned it in my post.

Everything in moderation. Little bit of Church, little bit of Smash, little bit of everything and he should he fine. He doesn't have to quit entirely.

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
01. Don’t you have more important things to worry about than religion? Like, oh I don’t know… School? Work? Family? Friends? I’m sure you (like many other people) have a life and would like to get on with it. Unfortunately you won’t be getting anywhere fast if “religion” is your top priority.

B) No it’s not. If you really believe in “God” and all that then you know that he’s with you at all times so you can spend time with “God” any time you want. Going inside a building built specifically for worshipping an invisible entity hardly makes the difference.

05. Good.

06. Not so good.

07. Then this proves that you are not smart. This proves that you are a very simple-minded person who will believe the easiest answer simply because it favours your undeveloped mind enough so that it doesn’t hurt you when you think about it. Maybe you should exercise your mind instead of your beliefs. That way it would give you a better perspective on anything and everything about the universe. Blind loyalty and belief is not an endearing trait, you have to learn to think for yourself or else you’ll be nothing but a sheep. And no one likes sheep. Do you honestly think it is “logical” for an answer to be “religion”? Logic is common sense based on facts and knowledge of how things work. If you drop a hammer from a metre high (3 feet for Americans since they have yet to evolve into the metric system) then common sense tells you that it will fall because you know that the gravity of the planet is there. It’s not “Jesus” or some higher power controlling this. And if you really don’t know how a rainbow is made then I will tell you.

“Rainbows are optical and meteorological phenomena that cause a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. They take the form of a multi-coloured arc, with red on the outer part of the arch and violet on the inner section of the arch. More rarely, a secondary rainbow is seen, which is a second, fainter arc, outside the primary arc, with colours in the opposite order, that is, with violet on the outside and red on the inside.” -Wikipedia

08. I assume you are referring to the Big Bang theory. The theory of the Big Bang states that it was not, in fact, an “explosion” but an “expansion” of everything all in a matter of microseconds. And yes there is a possible way in which I will explain in my 10th reply.

For more information visit my source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_Theory

09. No, and no. If there was only one “God” then why are there so many other religions worshipping different gods? I’m sure whatever your answer is will be some very biased religious BS.

10. Yes there is a possible way that something as beautiful as Earth could be created from an “expansion” not an “explosion” (see Big Bang theory above) because ANYTHING is possible and if you were as “wise” or “deep” as you try to make yourself out to be then you’d know that already but, of course, you’re not because you obviously believe in something lesser and more simple for you to understand.

Anything is possible but theories of “God” and whatnot give more probability that he doesn’t exist because of science and facts that have been discovered that actually can be explained and further disprove religion.

11. Uh… hello? They are ordinary human beings. Humans aren’t all “hate” and “malice” people can be nice too as hard as it is to believe. And besides, they all believe in the same religion as you do so why wouldn’t they love you? They’re just as simple-minded as you are so what reason do they have to treat you badly?

12. Oh so you’re a cult now? You want to push your religion onto others so that you can all be the same, is that right? It’s because being the same is so good and wholesome and it will last forever? I think not. This is more proof that some people are afraid of change whether it be good or bad. Either way, change will happen and all you can do is be ready for it and adjust because as hard as you try to keep everything the same people aren’t always going to feel the same way. There is so much proof of change that it’s not even funny anymore. Times, People, Values, Prejudices; just to name a few topics. All these, and more, have changed over the course of time. In fact, I would like to see someone come up with something that doesn’t change. And if you say “God doesn’t change” then you will never change and you will always blindly follow your religion and would probably die for it if given the chance. God doesn’t count as a viable thing to say “it doesn’t change” because not everyone believes in him (see 10th reply).

Passing through? To where? From where? What are you talking about? I believe your religion states that all beings on Earth were created by "God" so then you must be one as well. So, then how are you just passing through? Earth is no fantasy.

13.5. Right…

Smash is a fantasy? Yes. Earth is a fantasy? No. But, what about religion? Religion is a fantasy, ever think of that? No of course you haven’t because you’re too busy blindingly believing in it to realize it. Smash won’t hold you back from anything, you don’t have to completely stop playing smash to pursue something else. Just take it in moderation, don’t go crazy with it. Just like how you shouldn’t be going Church-crazy over your religion.

You have more time than you think. See 2nd reply.

Wrong. Read all above replies.
lol. why do you care guy? leave him alone and let him believe in god.as long as he's happy about this thats all that matters now gtfo of his bussines.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord

05. Good.

06. Not so good.

13.5. Right…

You have more time than you think. See 2nd reply.

Wrong. Read all above replies.
mane your a ****in ***. how the hell you gonna come on here and dis bronson religion and how he chooses to feel. if he wants to spend more time with god why the hell should it matter to you. you need to get of the ***** nuts and go do somethin besides hate on how he does things and wat he wants to do. if u really want shiz to stay u shole got a ****ed up way of showing it.

and like Adi said he wasn't try to convert you. all the **** you said was uncalled for mane.

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
jeez, he just stated what he believes in, he wasn't trying to convert you or anything >.>

If he wants to place Church over Smash, then let him, I respect him for that desicion.

Learn to accept other religions.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Wow. He wasn't trying to force his beliefs on anyone. I'm a strong atheist myself but this wasn't the time and place for those comments.
Wordljem, Adi's got it right. Even if you disagree with his views and what he posts, you don't have to always counter it. That's what the Debate Hall is for :)

Now, no more discussion of religion. You can say your farewells if you want, but I don't want to see any more religious nitpicking, k? Thanks, chi.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Don't worry I won't.

About the Debate Hall though: Unfortunately I don't have the privilege of posting replies in the Debate Hall so I wouldn't be able to participate in the debates there if I wanted to (which I do want to). I'd be very happy if I were able to join the Debaters Group I love debating topics intellectually with other people exchanging views and opinions.

Repryx

Smash Champion
EDited because I just read the Mods thingy but Imma send a copy to Bronson and the religious Hazing guy

BETA

Smash Ace
Everything in moderation. Little bit of Church, little bit of Smash, little bit of everything and he should he fine. He doesn't have to quit entirely.
I've been talking to his brother lately. From what I understand, they will still be attending the occasional tournament.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Im about to Tiger Uppercut this whole Post so Hard it'll kiss the moon!

Religion is a played out word. Bronson is making Jesus his top Priority. Bronson like Many other Christians (including myself) realizes that it is no good to slight the one who redeemed you.

Who said anyone was forcing him? I think he'd tell us if it was like MY MOM IS MAKING ME GO TO CHURCH. But instead he is telling his zeal for Jesus and is going of his own accord. Why would he go somewhere he doesnt want to be?

I only agree with you on one thing...You can spend time with God anytime you desire...if you call on Him...It is ALL kinds of impossible to do this at a competitive smash tourney. About the Worshipping an invisible entity in a building specifically for that purpose? Well MY Bible says in Hebrews 10:23-25: 23-Let us Hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering;(for he is Faithful that promised24-and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25-not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more as ye see the day approaching.

Basically Neglecting Church is Neglecting the ENTIRE Body of Christ which is like Neglecting Christ himself!

Would Repaying someone who saved your life be a Priority? Alright then! (If you said no you are officially cold.)

05. Good.

Unfortunate

06. Not so good.

Respect Bronson's views...Did he Disrespect You?

Okay this is so ignorant...Not your scientific meaning but your whole insult rant. MY Bible tells me that the Rainbow was set-up as a Reminder that God would never Purge the Earth by means of a Flood again. (Sulfur and Fire? Different story sir) BTW Noone likes Sheep? What about the Shepherd? Thats Why Bronson is delivered from people's opinions because the Shepherd cares for him and its way better to have your creator on your side than your peer. Logic is what makes sense sir. NOw Your scientific Logic stuff maybe true but tell me...how do you know that the spectrum of light isn't come from God? Tell me where Droplets come from? Since Rain is really Recycled Ocean/Groundwater...and we drink it How do we get more Rain? Alot of the scientific reasons make sense but the farther back you go...the more holes you find,,,You really beleive in evolution and all that? Natural Selection? Tell me How can one give birth to one that is not the same as it? have we seen this in recorded history ever? Adaptation...If we evovled to suit our situations better why the loss of hair? dont we need that for warmth? Adam & Eve came out as Human however...

How can the makings of FLesh and wood have the same origins? If I do a DNA test with a tree there should be @ least ONE similarity in the genetic makeup but I assume there isnt.

Fire-Side Stories then you have Isaac and Ishmael Judaism remain for those who are Jewish and Rejected Jesus Different Denominations of Christianity came from Pharisees/ Later people who had their own Idea of what Christianity is. Some people beleive certain things hey have seen make a person a Deity. In *Some parts* of China they Worship Guan Yu because of his Fighting ability. Confucious for his intelligence. Buddha simply from his theories. Jesus because he Died for us and raised three days Later...Why does that sound so different???

Look @ it this Way.... Nobody cares if you say God or Allah or Buddha....but when you say Jesus...People get insulted and wann Shank you. It is because ther is Power in the name of Jesus...Be it Convicting or Healing there is Power in that name.

You contradict yourself: Anything is possible/Anything is possible but theories of God. OK OK OK GIVE ME THI SCIENCE TEACHER I get a lil worked up when I ask people this because none thinks to go this far. Whagt came befor the Big Bang/Expansion? What came before that? What is time? we only see past present and future because of our Finite minds...Everything (except the univerese) has to have a beggining and end. Well God says he IS the Beggining and the End so what if we see time but He doesnt? What if He just is? How can your science disprove God if it cant tell me the beggining?

Its that True Beleivers are not internally Biased I have an ability where I can sense one who is being Fake...Call it an Oomph but its definitly there... and even though we ar over the internet I sense alot of Dislike for Bronson and want for Shiz in your words. (YES I AM REFFERING TO THEM AS 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE) Shiz is the Smash PErsona that everyone Loves because he Owns...YOu see Bronson as the one who took Shiz from you and you want him back.

No he doesnt wanna push Jesus on you or anyone...none of us do...Otherwise there would be a crusae/roundup for people like you in order to exterminate imperfections yaddh yaddah I robot/video game type stuff...He wants to Lead people by way of his lifestyle...

Now Bronson Earth isnt a Fantasy because if you mess up here.....well...anyway We are Passing through in that We Live, We Learn, We Die Nothing we can really do about that we Show up and leave in a short amount of time. And since God Created us our True home is Heaven Where he is but we have to get through here to determine certain rewards and crowns that we will get when we get there

13.5. Right…

Science is a fantasy ever think about that? He isnt going Church Crazy BTW merely removing his greatest obstacle between him an God.

14. You have more time than you think. See 2nd reply.

Young people Die everyday I think not...The average Life expectancy for a Minority in My area is 25.

15. Wrong. Read all above replies.
Jesus>All regardless of whats you say

Your Post Has received a Well placed TIGER UP-PER-CUT and if I may say so Shiz and Bronson...Your post Just Got Shizzed On!

Now, as much as I'd like to completely obliterate every reply you have to my comments, I won't because Kokichi asked me nicely not to and I said that I wouldn't.

I've been talking to his brother lately. From what I understand, they will still be attending the occasional tournament.
Oh cool, that's great to hear.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
hey man well its good knowing you and your amazing falco... hopefully all the south florida falcos can fill in the empty space you've left us. i know i'll never replace you but as i play i'll think of you.

[jeez what a gay comment..]

Repryx

Smash Champion
Why must there be a separation of Falcon Knees and Tiger Knees. BTW Bronson/Shiz No Farewell advice????

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry guys, I gotta close this cause it's pretty far off what should be going down in the falco forum.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was debating whether to close it or not and decided to keep it open at least for a few days so people knew you were retiring, but I guest Amor wasn't having that heh.

Anyways, you will be missed, shiz, as most of the falco boards has shown. That is a very respectable reason to retire and I wish you the best in life. Maybe we will all see you around for brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom