• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Broken Street Date Locator

Marthmario

Smash Lord
This thread is for people to find stores that have broken street date! Post some locations below and I'll add them to the OP.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Not sure why anyone would post it as it could cost the other person their job and make it so they can't break the street date for future games.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Not sure why anyone would post it as it could cost the other person their job and make it so they can't break the street date for future games.
Well some people are third party to the actual company, so them saying if a store did won't have a repercussion.

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet
Anyone know if the street date has been broken in the United States, specifically Utah?

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
I thought Germany was going to get the game one day early because of one of their holidays

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
For anyone in the Netherlands, Nedgame is sending their pre-orders today, so you'll receive them tomorrow!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'll just wait to get the game on Friday. I've waited for months, I can handle 2 more days.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
I don't really want to post the stores I know about on here. I don't want them getting fined or blacklisted, and I plan on buying more games before release date from them in the future. I think that goes for most of the people on this board.

Roarzcorp

Smash Cadet
I don't really want to post the stores I know about on here. I don't want them getting fined or blacklisted, and I plan on buying more games before release date from them in the future. I think that goes for most of the people on this board.
I highly doubt that actually happens.. Moreover - shops have power over companies as they are a big sales channel - punishing them is not favourable for sales.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Anything about Gamemania Netherlands?
I dunno, sorry. Only knew about Nedgame because I went into one of their stores and they told me, that they'd start sending out copies today and when I got home, indeed I had received an email from Nedgame that [today] my copy had been sent to PostNL.

Last edited:

bolin

Smash Rookie
wuhu i got mine today in Saturn in Germany of course wuhu one day earlier ^^
but online does not function, because u have to download an update and this update does not exist in the eshop at the moment

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I read an article about the street date been broken here in Mexico. But even though some stores already have it, they won't sell it to you unless you hace 'contacts'

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
I highly doubt that actually happens.. Moreover - shops have power over companies as they are a big sales channel - punishing them is not favourable for sales.
Ironically, those stores do get fines if they get found out for selling games before street date. I think they can get blacklisted for multiple instances.

Last edited:

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
@ Soshii Soshii do you have the game yet?
Nah, my store wasn't able to come through unfortunately. They might get it tomorrow but I have no time to pick it up so I'm probably just gonna go to a midnight release at Gamestop. I think that's the case for alot of local stores though, I'm on the call list for like 4-5 stores all up and down the east coast just to gauge when everyone would get it, and I haven't gotten one single call yet.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Nah, my store wasn't able to come through unfortunately. They might get it tomorrow but I have no time to pick it up so I'm probably just gonna go to a midnight release at Gamestop. I think that's the case for alot of local stores though, I'm on the call list for like 4-5 stores all up and down the east coast just to gauge when everyone would get it, and I haven't gotten one single call yet.
Quite common in NY this time around every store is saying Thursday :(. Usually we're on top of this stuff.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
i almost got one at walmart, the cashier couldn't bypass the time-lock on the game but she at least tried. i'll try a kmart later.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Wal Mart in Brick NJ says it will be available tomorrow at 7am.

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
I read an article about the street date been broken here in Mexico. But even though some stores already have it, they won't sell it to you unless you hace 'contacts'
Yeah here in Guadalajara it's happening, actually with Pokémon X/Y they did it one week before release but I did a preorder and it's already payed so yeah I'll wait 2 days more, besides I don't have classes that day 3 days of smash with my friends!!!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Yeah here in Guadalajara it's happening, actually with Pokémon X/Y they did it one week before release but I did a preorder and it's already payed so yeah I'll wait 2 days more, besides I don't have classes that day 3 days of smash with my friends!!!
How lucky man, unfortunately for me I have an exam on friday so I won't have the chance to play as soon as I get my hands on the game. Also, the store where we and my friends preordered it is now saying they're not sure whether they'll have the game available on friday or not.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah, I hear Gamestop is selling them early, breaking street dates all over the place.

/my attempt to get gamestop fined

(in case you can't tell im just kidding, they aren't)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I read that Sanborns México broke the street date today and they're selling the game with no problem at the fair price ($799 MXN), I'll need to check the store in my city, but in Monterrey the copies are circulating now.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Stores breaking street date annoys me to no end. It's completely obnoxious how for a game like Smash Bros, the game that people have been waiting for at least three years for, the awesome day of release gets completely ruined because most people already have the game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Stores breaking street date annoys me to no end. It's completely obnoxious how for a game like Smash Bros, the game that people have been waiting for at least three years for, the awesome day of release gets completely ruined because most people already have the game.
I agree with that, personally I dislike street date breaks because of that, but I will go to buy the game tomorrow because if the game is already sellling now, I may find the game out-of-stock during the actual release date (and in México, games and other electronic merch take a month of two to get restocked even if the demand is high)

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
so if a store offered you a copy you'd decline?
need some pb with dat j? i know i do!

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Eh I see no problem with multi-billion dollar corporations getting fined.

Wal Mart will not get fined, I can promise you that.

R0Y

Smash Master
For those of you waiting for a retailer in North America to do this on any reasonable scale, the fines man, the fines. I don't see it happening after X/Y last year.

Nice, in the flesh!

OH and that German rating logo is ruining that box art. That's like 20% of the entire artwork space (not counting the 3DS branding area of course.) Germany is too harsh on games...

Last edited:

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
I just now received my text message from gamemania belgium that my pre order is available to pick up, so maybe the same store in the netherlands will have it as well? I don't know, I hope so!

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
A local store nearby apparently had it since Monday. If only I had known...
Well, I have it now, that's what matters :D Most of the French stores are selling it now so it shouldn't be a problem for those who want it.

Erik026

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1075-0976-4530
Apparantly Gamemania in Holland is sending out the text messages that pre orders can pick their copy up right now.... except for the one in my town ofcourse -__-

Hitzel

Smash Ace
It's a shame that local stores aren't getting it yet, my Gamestop's had boxes of Smash in the back since Monday lol.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
I don't understand how you guys are getting them from Wal Mart. I went last night and it was out on display but when she went to scan for purchase the computer said cannot sell.

ArchMageDiablo

Smash Cadet
Walmart is in denial lol.

I went to one Walmart and they said they sold the last three copies to someone this morning.

Went to a second Walmart they told me it wasn't out yet and that they could get sued, told them that other Walmarts have been selling it he says that's impossible because they cannot even ring it up. I'm like I also seen people playing it on twitch in english and hes like "They probably stole it", from the locked glass case they keep it in?

I felt so close to having the game when the first walmart told me they were selling them I was ready to drive to every walmart withing 50 miles, but oh well I can wait till midnight.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Walmart is in denial lol.

I went to one Walmart and they said they sold the last three copies to someone this morning.

Went to a second Walmart they told me it wasn't out yet and that they could get sued, told them that other Walmarts have been selling it he says that's impossible because they cannot even ring it up. I'm like I also seen people playing it on twitch in english and hes like "They probably stole it", from the locked glass case they keep it in?

I felt so close to having the game when the first walmart told me they were selling them I was ready to drive to every walmart withing 50 miles, but oh well I can wait till midnight.
Nothing against Walmart employees, but they're typically pretty clueless. I had a nightmare trying to get a copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening on release date even though the game was already out.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Yay, got mine today! Time for a looong Smash-marathon! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom