• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Man this is fun
Swiss has a gun

So Swiss, you think there are two town roleblockers AND a scum roleblocker? Tell me if there is another solution.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Meh.

There are loads of potential explanations. I'd have guessed two town RB'ers and a scum one looks most likely? I mean, it can be possible balance wise. Look, I know it can seem bad, and I know what you're trying to get at. But I just cannot see him as scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, realised while I was in the bath; if the scum RB'er blocked myself or Asdioh last night, it could have blocked OUR blocks onto John/RR.

@ mod if a RB'er blocks a RB'er bocking a kill, what is the resolution?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah yes, I see what you're getting at with that. I hope roleblocks all go off simultaneously. Makes this a lot easier for everyone.

I really, REALLY hope there are not 3 roleblockers in this set-up.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Still no explanation as to where the buffer for the double lynch is, which would occur if anyone else was the second roleblocker.

Still no explanation as to why I'm scum and not simply wrong.

Still no actual evidence that he got redirected.

The epic strawmanning is nice too.

And for the record, no, he didn't tell me in LoL.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Our names are the same as our smash usernames in lol.

I'm sorry that you were sick, but all I knew was that you were "vomiting and worse" which implied to me that you were hung over.

This **** gets me. He knew I was ill (and I told him via LoL I almost blacked out trying to watch batman, he KNEW I was ill). (Okay, him or FF, i forget the usernames).

See, now all he is doing is playing up to the "Swiss iz da bessst scum playah in Dgames - lynchh 'immm" - why? Because that's all he's ****ing got left. Everyone else has come around to the conclusion that 2 town RB'ers is possible - but if he admits it is, he's a ****ing dead man. So now instead of saying mechanically why, which no-one really bought, he's turned onto "Swiss is playing you guys".
Then why didn't I just go with your assertions that two town roleblockers were possible? It would've been significantly easier and wouldn't have required me to go mano-oh-mano with you.

I will just add that I explained many times why it mechanically doesn't work. Were it anyone besides you who claimed it, nobody would've even bothered to consider the possibility. The only question would've been "who do we lynch first".

That means that having 2 town of a role means that you need to give town an extra two lynches prior to losing in order to make up for that.

I don't see where this is accounted for.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
err wait

@mod: what do the numbers next to the (hypothetical of course) roleblockers mean? Are their numbers determined prior to the start of the game, or does it have something to do with who sent in night actions first?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also, realised while I was in the bath; if the scum RB'er blocked myself or Asdioh last night, it could have blocked OUR blocks onto John/RR.
You just now thought of this? I'm pretty sure I said something about "assuming our actions weren't messed with" in one of the posts where I claimed.

Still no explanation as to where the buffer for the double lynch is, which would occur if anyone else was the second roleblocker.
I would like Swiss to answer this:
Swiss, let's say you were given a vanilla townie in this setup. You then see player x claim town roleblocker, with player y claiming the same after that. What do you do?
Or alternatively, you see player x claim town roleblocker when forced to claim because he's closed to getting lynched, and someone else counterclaims him. What do you do?

And yeah Swiss, I remember saying that you were town based on your play and RR interactions, but if you look I'm sure you can find me saying the same about Adum.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I thought of that a long time ago. This whole time I've been assuming that if mafia has a roleblocker, they outprioritize mine, and I wouldn't be informed if I was roleblocked.

That is why this game is called Britches and Hose.

I deleted my Rantrip stuff that I made last night. If he wants to continue to believe I'm scum, feel free.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh this?
RB1 > RB2 > Kill

RB1 and Kill would both go through in this situation.
Well then I'll just assume (unless Gova responds again) that whichever RB happens to target another RB gets the priority.
What if RB1 was trying to send in the kill and also block RB2, and RB2 tried to block RB1?!?!

Swiss answer the double lynch question in my 1655.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That RB's don't get prioritised...

wha?
Are you high? Gova just explained that they do get prioritized, priority is based on what affects another action.

Standard NAR stuff.

vote: adumbrodeus

\(o_o)/
Explain why you think swiss' comment proves your interpretation wasn't possible.

Because gova just confirmed that if you were roleblocked by mafia your roleblock would not go through.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This Day just needs to end.

I like how Swiss just opened up a whole 'nother can of confusion.

Now there's the whole "well scum may have roleblocked a roleblocker so maybe John actually DID send in the kill or maybe Red Ryu DID send in the kill."

How about this, Swiss: As long as Asdioh is a town roleblocker, there is no scum roleblocker.

Possibility for a JOAT of sorts with roleblock as one of the usable actions, of course, but let's not get into that.

-Swiss targeted Sokr N1.
-A kill is missing from N1.
Rules said:
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
If I recall correctly, N1 went to deadline. Sokr claims to have sent in his action, and the person he targeted died. What's stopping us from concluding scum neglected to send in their NK? Let's presume for a moment that a gunsmith in the set-up means there is some gun shenanigans. My first thought here is that "scum must have a designated member who sends in the NK and has a gun, while other scum members don't have a gun." In addition, there are naturally going to be town members who do have a gun. Combat Medic. There we go.

From this it can be inferred that scum missing their NK is more likely than them happening to kill the same person Sokr was going to (and Sokr ended up getting roleblocked in addition)

@Sokr: Have you given us your reasoning for shooting Ryker? You believed him to be scum, right? For some reason I want to say I remember Ryker looking scummy too. Yeah, now that I think about it, July said she would have been pushing Ryker had he not died. Now, why would scum kill a scummy player who people were actually planning on making a case against?

Alright alright, I'm getting sidetracked here. What I am getting at is again that Swiss/John2k4 scumteam. The same one that Swiss very harshly told me "would be the most ******** scumteam ever". My proposition? Lynch Swiss toDay. On a scumflip we look very heavily at John.

Pros:

-Confirms my sanity even better than an adum lynch can.
-Resolves the double town roleblocker conflict.
-Has been more detrimental to town in his hostility and snide remarks than he has been helpful.
-Has the equivalent of a cop guilty on him and is very likely scum.
-Many, many connections and clears a lot of the confusion town has at this point.
-Adum's claimed role is potentially more valuable to us than Swiss's claimed role (especially considering it has a claimed double).

Asdioh why did you switch your vote back to adum?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've honestly never had a more annoying Day in mafia. I was seriously enjoying this game up until the point we massclaimed.
Let's presume for a moment that a gunsmith in the set-up means there is some gun shenanigans.
Would you say that gunsmith is like cop, but weaker? Yes? Ok. Makes sense when we already have an extremely powerful protown role in Census Taker, doesn't it?
Too overpowered with the additional power of town tracker? I'm not sure. Not to mention the combat medic and two roleblockers.

Too much setup speculation in a game with no flips.

I don't know, Kantrip. I'm voting Adum because Swiss was seen visiting someone that wasn't Sworddancer N1, and we have to lynch one of the two I guess. I really don't care at this point.
Like I said, the Adum wagon looks grosser than the Swiss wagon. It could be his scummate (John or July) bussing him, but if it's John, I have no idea how he plans to win the game after losing Adum.
The Swiss wagon is full of townies, possible exception being Adum.

I DON'T CARE. Let's end this ASAP?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I agree. A Swiss lynch would be a lot better for me. Scum tracker is less detrimental than whatever scumSwiss might be, and if adum is scum he is scum tracker (or bus driver is a lesser possibility, which would make July his scummate).

So if I were to trust you, Asdioh, and go back to the town read I once had on you, this Day will leave me between two scumteams.

Adumbrodeus/July

or

Swiss/John

I would much rather get rid of Swiss. Let's end this.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
An Adum/July scumteam would make infinite sense with regard to the Ryker kill on N1.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Felipe, get in here and choose if you want to lynch Swiss or Adum. Put your vote on one.

Mod: request Felipe prod

I realize he wanted to replace out because he was "busy" but he's been active enough to make silly comments often enough. v_v

Kantrip

Kantplay
Any other scumteam would make sense for the WIFOM they would introduce by killing Ryker N1.

Adum, Kantrip, Sokr, Asdioh.

We need one of July or Felipe to get in here on a Swiss lynch. John can do it too, if he wants.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey Sokr, what are your thoughts?

This game desperately needs more posts by players other than me/kantrip/adum/swiss.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@Kantrip

Yeah, I thought Ryker was a bit scummy and to be honest, I just didn't like him. Ya ya I know I should've protected someone if I didn't have any better reads.

I like how Asdioh has practically eliminated that possibility that he is scum. And that, from what I can see, he's voting Adum just because he wants this day to end asap. This doesn't sit well with me. But don't worry, I'm not gonna start going after Asdioh toDay. No, out of Adum and Swiss, I dislike Swiss the most. Also, I think it was Asdioh who just loosely threw out that I could vig or doc whoever I wanted and that it doesn't really matter. Why would you say that? We weren't near the Night faze and giving me instructions that weren't really instructions is pointless. You plan on RBing me toNight Asdioh? You Scum? (I'm just saying this now so I don't forget by toMorrow)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You're the one person I 100% don't intend to roleblock, actually.
Kantrip I 99.9% don't intend to roleblock :smirk:

I like how Asdioh has practically eliminated that possibility that he is scum. And that, from what I can see, he's voting Adum just because he wants this day to end asap. This doesn't sit well with me.
What

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@mod: do all killing roles "pull the trigger" simultaneously at the end of the Night?

@Sokr: The reason I think you should kill a scumpick toNight is because scum almost always kill the claimed doctor. Protecting someone else would be useless because scum will target you. Now, assuming that all kills go through at the same time, scum would have to roleblock you in order to prevent your kill, which hopefully leaves me open to roleblock them.
Nobody ask the stupid question "can you protect yourself?"

Top Bottom