• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bringing the Thunder: Luigi Boards Tourney 2/6 4:00PM - 3/1 4:00PM STILL OPEN

crewster

Smash Lord
I'll play you today later. If you're sitll on. I'll PM you.

Also, change my alt to Zero Suit Samus.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
GGs delta. I'm extremely disappointed with your luigi now. Your luigi's playstyle is heavily outdated. There's no buffering what so ever. Most of the time you were predictable. Alot of the times you take random shoryukens. There no pivot grabs, or approachs or basically anything. Like you were mindlessly playing randomly lolol. I mean tho you beat me, it's just pretty much hard to counter the stuff espically on wifi (no johns but w/e) . Def gotta work on that luigi BADLY.. Play chic or biglou online.. you'll see what i mean that your outdated on the meta-game...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
they only do it for fun..... wifi is mainly for match up experience... that's how i got my matchup experience.... wifi is no where useless just saying..... im still rookie on the tourney scene but im about to heat **** up son... srsly business lou only plays wifi for fun anyways lolz

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll just leave the tourney where it is, seemed to die out after the first week.

And yes hippie you are right, wifi is mostly for experimenting (maybe) fun, and for those who can't go to out-of-town tourneys (aka me)

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
I lost my wifi like 2 days after signing up for this. Turns out I was using a router that nintendo suggests you shouldn't use. I have wifi again and it's purely for fun especially owning noobs in basic brawl

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
I lost my wifi like 2 days after signing up for this. Turns out I was using a router that nintendo suggests you shouldn't use. I have wifi again and it's purely for fun especially owning noobs in basic brawl
well alright then, but I won't be counting anything anymore because the tourney died after the first few days.

& @ bold....*slightly off-topic* we need complex brawl.

Eten

Smash Ace
you shouldn't really abandon this, magnum. A few people not actually playing even though they said they would is to be expected in something like this. If you wrap this up and/or continue this, I suggest you make a revision to the rules to eliminate luigi dittos and get as much matchup experience as possible; Something like this- everyone has two chars, luigi+secondary of their choice, and everybody plays two sets vs. each other, their luigi vs. the opponents secondary and then vice versa.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
you shouldn't really abandon this, magnum. A few people not actually playing even though they said they would is to be expected in something like this. If you wrap this up and/or continue this, I suggest you make a revision to the rules to eliminate luigi dittos and get as much matchup experience as possible; Something like this- everyone has two chars, luigi+secondary of their choice, and everybody plays two sets vs. each other, their luigi vs. the opponents secondary and then vice versa.

I was thinking something like this, except:

-First match is a Luigi ditto, just to keep that matchup sharp.
-Second match, the winner of Game 1 HAS to stay Luigi. The loser can pick whoever they want.
-Third match is the same for the winner of game 2, he HAS to go Luigi.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with Eten

10Etens4prez
this please.

and sorry for all the people who didn't play, and I did want people to avoid a Luigi ditto tourney, but not turn it into a non-Luigi related tourney.

Alright Zhao I'll look into that, this is the first tourney I've hosted and I am not very experienced at making helpful rules.

And maybe something else to get the tournament to last a bit longer, the more matches we get the better am i right? more matches to learn/study/etc. from?

I could either just revise the rules of this tournament and re-open it or make a completely new tournament if you guys wanted.

We really could use a real-life Luigi boards tournament (how does Colorado Springs sound? ;) ) so taht more people can join (more people like in-person playing over wi-fi for comptetitive play) and stuff.

crewster

Smash Lord
shame it failed.
If we have another one we should have an online toruey director who has hosted a online turney before

/obvious hinting

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
No, I was joking XD.

Anyways, looking at this made me want to get back into the ladder scene. So I started playing on AiB again. I'm 8-0, but I only get to play scrubs T___T

Top Bottom