• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bringing a Melbourne crew to Sydney (6th July - 11th July)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey guys, this is directed towards anyone living in Victoria who is willing to travel upstate to Sydney in the beginning of July to go on a holiday and participate in a very probable tournament and an exciting crew battle. Mikul and I are pretty much confirmed, Sam is likely, but we'd need a few more definite people to make this work.

We're looking predominantly at the people who rank in the top 20 to join us, but even if you got the spirit, we'd have a hell a time with you on board. Looks particularly at Freddo, Mark, CATS etc. Mikul and I are also looking into financially sponsoring some good/poor Victorians if they need it, so talk to us because we want this to go ahead.

Bus/Train tickets return are around $130 and return flights will be around $200. Depending on how much you typically spend, you'd need $200-$300 for the total cost of the trip. It's possible to get away with spending less if you're really cunning at cutting costs everywhere. Once Jaz updates new tourney details, we can plan this out better.

UPDATE - I've just been informed by my American friend he may want to drive. If that happens we'd be doing a pit stop in Canberra too. So if we rent or use someone's car, it'd save some money if we carpool, although renting a car is very expensive as it is.

Everyone that comes will need to look for housing, but I don't see this as a problem.

Later

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
interesting fact no. 613 - fweddo is the best australian to have never travelled - and gtr, melbournes vets have spent/travelled more on smash than any other region in aus.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I could use some holiday time and I do have an old friend who lives in Cherrybrook (where I used to live) so I might be able to scab some housing from him (he likes smash and all but I dont know about competitive smash, we did want to go to a tourny when we were in year 11).
Anyways I'd rather fly up even though my car is manly I'd rather not find out if it can go to Sydney and back.
If I end up in a carpool I'll happly do some driving and put in some mula for petrol and mid drive entertainment.

But dont hold your breath its hard enough to get a weekend off letalone a week off, I'll start as$ kissing tomorrow.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im up for going but i dont know about accomidation...
just like cao said tho, housing = happy

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I won't be able to come :(, because I'll be in Minnesota over the holidays :). But I'll be sure to check out the local Smash scene there and represent Melbourne.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Minnesota sucks in Smash - you better **** them :)

6th of July - take a train to Sydney
7th of July - 12th of June - Stay in Sydney
12th of July - Drive with some UCSD guys from Sydney to Brisbane
12th of July - catch a flight from Brisbane to Cairns
13th-16th of July - arrive/stay in Cairns
16th of July - catch a flight from Cairns to Melbourne

That's my rough itinerary for now the Sydney/smash portion of it is from the 6th to the 12th. :)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Gasp! People coming to a Sydney tourney?! From interstate?! Thats unheard of! I could quite possibly house some people, maybe two or three...but thats yet to be determined, I have to get work off too...

But in anycase: Excitement!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
hmmm... i'd like to come, and i can pretty much confirm that i will be in the top tenty by the time this starts (if i'm not :psycho:->:skull:)
i can try to convince my mum to let me go. i'm pretty sure that she'd like me to travel interstate anyway.

Jaz

Smash Ace
owned andy have you been international yetz?

Oni how did you get that many posts? you spam god!
very soon, i'll be following up this tourney and organising it with brinton
details to arrive soonz

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Zomg, Kulla housing smashers?!? If that happened I'd be really tempted to come over to play often ;)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
This sounds awesome, I'm definitely free around the time that it is organised for... but very poor. So once everyone has been worked out I'll see how I go.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
KO Bringer has spent a lot on smash too he's cuute like that :)

I've had a think about it and here's my conclusions:
A: I wouldn't mind coming with
B: I will come if it's a roadtrip
C: People in my car are people I know well and can trust
D: I don't want to compete - just want to teach some people how to stop being noob
E: Want to spend some time with Jaz since I never get to
F: Cuuute

Get back to me

Dedu

Smash Lord
Cuuuuuuuuuute is better than Cuute. Esp when Shaz + Cao is around.

*takes deep breath* OMG! Vic Vets coming up to sydney for some smash and sightseeing? That's GREAT!

<3 goes to Cao and Sam for coming up in April! Hope it all works out with you guys - if you want me to show you guys around the city, I'm more than happy to help you out!

-_-
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
0_0
I hadn't been on smashboards for a while, let alone touch my computer and then I find this?!? Too much is going on!

Bjay

Smash Lord
This sounds awesome, I'm definitely free around the time that it is organised for... but very poor. So once everyone has been worked out I'll see how I go.
COME!!! :(

You're meant to get me for not coming to Comrades :p

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
lol I'm 5th in Melbourne Smash Ranbats :p Do I qualify?

Considering that my skill is actually quite low it's obvious that I'm joking :p Have fun in Sydney people, I'll be playing Street Fighter at the ranbat :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
CONFIRMED:
Shaz
Caotic
Freddo
Mikul
Sam
Bark
Redact
Moogz
Assaultjockey

MAYBES:
Fierce Oni
SabreAnt
LMX

Jaz

Smash Ace
mark! gog **** it get up here

lol spend time with jaz? at you own peril :p not competing... shaz if you wanna be the teacher, there are plenty of people who would probably need it, so be our guest

this quickly turned into a nationals didn't it T-T

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to save up for this.

This happening on a weekend? Hopefully it's in school holidays and hopefully I can save up enough for this. I have a whole 0 dollars in the bank at the moment, and I'm tied up with alot of payments. If some one drives, I can fork in with others, would obviously be cheaper.

How many days do I have to save for this, someone do the maths.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
There are roughly 18 days left for you to get some cash together. There are possibly people willing to help with funds.

You could do the trip for $90-$100 if you're careful.

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
hmm sounds extremely possible! I got the cash and the time and am in need for adventure. Not sure how id get up, most likely train cause i dont trust my beloved car, or if people are driving id fork for petrol. Also ive got no clue were id stay in sydney (finding a place in the hols is gonna be nasty) but am open for sugestions such as housing or other means. But yeah it does like an awesome plan

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
By the sounds of it we're going to need a second car for the road trip, which is the best way to go at this stage. Having the group split between a car and the train will be harder for me to organize, but still easy, LOL

I'll try and organize the housing component too

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i tried posting this last night but my net went gay
my mum would like me to go, but she's practically broke, and could only give me around $100 for the trip. so... if thats not enough, i'll have to sit this one out guys (reminds me of Slippy... when did he say that?)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Okay, here's the thing. I am free at the time and really would love to get away for a bit. Especially since I've never been to Sydney and there's alot of stuff bothering me right now in Bendigo, so getting away from it would be nice.

But I have no idea about money at this point. So I'll probably be on the maybe list. There's alot of stuff to pay for but I'll see what I can do guys.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the kind and generous offer Mikul, but hopefully I can save up enough, by that time.

If I cant I’ll let you know, then pay you back of course.

Jaz your house still available to stay in?

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Mark I came by your house today. Some random girl said you weren't home. Maybe you're at work or at your dad's? I feel like smashing tonight before my exam which is next Wednesday. Might get Strider in on the action too.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm going to need some sort of concensus from the Victorians as to what days they want to stay in Sydney. This will also help the housing situation.

I'd like be there with Sam and Ben from the 6th to the 11th, but I need to know what the rest of people's schedules are. 5 solid days will cover the 2 day tournament and the rest for sightseeing the city + surrounds and the Blue Mountains.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not fussed. I have work on monday but I got time off for that. If somone needs to be back Monday then I'll probably go with them so that I can make work, otherwise I'm there for as long as you guys are.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hmm, well then i reckon that the 5th to the 11th will be fine for me then Cao, five days should be enough for a tour in sydney as well as the tourney too, but have we settled on carpooling or train yet?

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeh dudes I cannot make it, simply not enough notice for work, if this was maybe another week later I could come but the time needed to run a bakery, look after family and find people to cover my shifts would be too much for my boss plus another baker from the other shop wants a holiday as well so I'll let him have it.

Top Bottom