• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bringing a Melbourne crew to Sydney (6th July - 11th July)

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
It's not our fault, entirely ben's. "Hmmm I wonder if anything is happening that can affect this trip? Well I have my 21st but I doubt thats really important and my family wouldn't want to have a party etc." >_>

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Hey cao im looking prety certain in terms of comming, i go bac to uni on the 16th but up until then, am flexible either way with time. Im happy with the 5 days, sounds like a good amount of time to be there so yeah, its all looking positive. As for transport and accomadation concerns ill keep posted on the general concensis of whats going on.

Kokirichild87

Smash Rookie
Well i would love to come if theres still room, i was gonna go up to Sydney this weekend, though that got canceled, on the plus side it means i still have the money to get up there, so no problem in that department, and i am on holidays now, so tis all good^^
I suppose i should probably talk to you about it though CAOTIC, so if you get the chance my msn is kokirichild87@hotmail.com
Thanks
Ark TrueFox

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Housing update:

Housed from 6th-8th:
- CAOTIC (Kulla or Dedu)
- Sam (Kulla or Dedu)
- USA Ben (Kulla or Dedu)
- All other Victorians (Jaz)

Housed from 8th-11th:
- CAOTIC (Kulla)
- Sam (Kulla)
- USA Ben (Kulla)
- Shaz (Dedu)
- Freddo (Dedu)
- Mikul (Dedu)
**will probably switch hosts midpoint during our stay if possible, just so we get to hang out with more people that way**
- Mark (Jaz)

Needs housing (from 8th-11th):
- Redact
- Moogleman
- Assaultjockey
- Ark Truefox

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
The next thing to ask is, where and when are we leaving melbourne? I need a time and place so i can plan ahead guys.

Sorry i meant when to leave for Sydney, not come home xD at this rate i might take a train there and back, i'm biased towards trains lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well Sam and I are leaving on the 11th from Sydney Airport probably some time in the afternoon or evening. I suggest all the Melbourne guys leaving on the same day meet at Central Station at about 6pm before the buses and trains leave at 7-8pm. But that's really easy to figure out, so you shouldn't worry too much about it. Just know that everyone will end up back home on the morning of the 12th. Shaz's car should have 3 free spots since we aren't driving back with him as well.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I think Mikul means what day are we leaving for Sydney. I don't know much about travel. Where and when would we get our train tickets?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Leaving for SYdney should be on the evening of the 5th of June, from around 7-8pm when the buses and trains leave. You'd arrive in Sydney at about 7am the next day. Get tickets from Southern Cross or online - don't leave it to the last minute or you might not be able to get a ticket.

Trains rock

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well i havnt sorted out housing or just about anything else, including my trip (other than i'm going by train) but i should be there. i'll try to organise my ticket maybe this weekend. concession cards counts with train trips outerstate right?

oh yeah, and i have to sort out housing to. so...?

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Well guys i'm planning to get a train to sydney and back, i want to try the sydney-bound train for fun; is anyone else getting the train, cos it would be better to go with someone on the train :]

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
well i havnt sorted out housing or just about anything else, including my trip (other than i'm going by train) but i should be there. i'll try to organise my ticket maybe this weekend. concession cards counts with train trips outerstate right?

oh yeah, and i have to sort out housing to. so...?
If you have a Secondary Conc. card/health care card you should be fine.

It's gotten to the point Jaz and I have asked everyone in Sydney for housing and cannot find anyone to house the rest of the visitors. Do the rest of you guys have any family or friends in Sydney to stay with? Because it seems now its either that, hostel, or staying benhind unfortunately.

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
I wish i had some friends in sydney but alas, things are looking prety grim. Its getting to the stage were desperate measures are being looked at (like driving up and sleeping in my car) but it doesnt seem realistic with the state my car is in. I guess im gonna have to sit this one out unfortunately unless i manage to pull off a miracle :(. Oh well lets hope next time ill be more lucky.

Jaz

Smash Ace
guys i'm really sorry about all of this,
i have asked everyone in the smash scene, but they've either been red lighted by parents or have their own reasons T-T
the people that would are already housing people as it is.

so apologies guys, I hope you guys find a way to make it, hostels might be a bit expensive, it's more paying for food and getting around that hits you harder. I dunno how I've made it down each time...

you guys could at least look into the hostel possibility, see how much it is without rough guess' and stuff, although we havn't left you much time to enquire...

Good luck guys and if i don't see you this time i hope to see you the next

Dedu

Smash Lord
Caotic - what's happened to the housing plans? Is it still set in stone or did everyone decide to stop at Jaz's place and stay there?

Where are you housing then? You still staying at Simon's or going to Jaz's instead?

Jaz

Smash Ace
well if you guys could get public transport over that would be awesome, i could only fit two people in to go back to mine
i could give you directions public transport wise? i know it pretty well

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dedu - to my knowledge Freddo, Mikul and Shaz are staying with you when they aren't being housed by Jaz, and Kulla has Cao myself and Ben. I do wanna spend some time at your place though, if not, at least the North Shore food expedition with ya, YUMMO.

Freddo - I can't tell until everyone catching the bus/train lets me know what time they are arriving in Central. But I can meet you there if everyone arrives at 7am like you are\ :)

Update - Shaz bailed out, so I guess if Dedu is fine with it, there's another housing opening, but people will have to talkto Dedu directly about it. :)

UPDATE 2 - Sam Ben and I are renting a car. We have room for 1 more. If you're willing to split car rental and gas costs, contact me. Must be willing to pass through Canberra with us.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
This frees up housing opportunities! But Mark can come. He probably will, LOL, we can make him ^_^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It has nothing to do with bailing - hence the reason I contacted KO directly to inform him rather than just posting here in an attempt to avoid flack. Unfortunately my situation is very complicated at the moment, and the lack of repayment, apology or explanation from that low so called friend of ours is a highly contributing factor.
I apologise heavily for not being able to come - but sadly as much as I wish it, I can't make everyone happy for the time being - and would appreciate a little more support than just Shaz bailed - since that is something I tend to associate with people like Anf who do not do their best or make any kind of effort for anyone but themselves. Thank you.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Shaz got last minute problems eh? I wouldn't call that bailing out. That sounds more cowardly and I know Shaz is anything but cowardly.

This means...
I still got ROOM FOR ONE MORE PERSON in my house! You'll have to talk to me via PM/post response/MSN (sparnell15@hotmail.com) or get Cao to give it to you!

Jaz

Smash Ace
ok guys i have 5 tvs... (somehow)

so if you guys could bring 4 cubes... with smash and that, we'd be set and we could have endless singles... but if theres 8 of us i spose 3 cubes will do the trick,

just thought i'd let you guys know that XD

stui is a housing legend!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Thank you Freddo it would be greatly appreciated.
As for coming I've managed my finances well with some heavy sacrifices - but I'm getting well on track again lately. I don't think however that I'd be taking my car if I were to somehow be able to come. The only way I would come now would be if train or bus is an affordable option to me providing you can squeeze money from Anf.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Freddo, i've got the bus booking set, i just have to get the tickets on the day we leave, so there'll be no problems with me getting the bus on thursday.

Shaz, it's a pity that you currently aren't able to come along, rest assured that i will eagerly b-up in your absence :)

Jaz

Smash Ace
freddo, mikul and one more i spose, we can give you a lift home from the station

it turns out dad can wake up at that hour, actually he works then so... but i don't T-T

**** i'll be screwed for the day LOL

but still, there will be some awesome smash to be ahd at my house ^_^

Top Bottom