• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 2: MLG prep | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 22nd, 2010

swordgard

Smash Hero
So i got epicly money ***** and transportation *****, but I am still going to this.

Kingace, no pressure, but I would really like us to take 1st XD. Or at the very least 2nd.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Tin Man... It's either I go to this or Anime North since my parents are somehow becoming Asian.

I'm coming :3 Bringing my Wii and stuff I guess... also make sure you let me use your laptop pl0x :*(

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
So apparently final list is:

Ally (yes)
Holy (Yes)
Nvm (yes)
Swordgard (busing like a noob fail)
Guard (yes)
Kingkong (bus but will only make it for singles apparently)
Terra (yes)

Final MTL list.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice

Ally (yes)
Holy (Yes)
Nvm (yes)
Guard (yes)
Terra (yes)

Final MTL list.
random question;
ally, do you still play online brawl?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yes I am serious, you can count if you wish, but in the result of a timeout, the game counts a players ledge grabs for them. And the purpose of this rule is to discourage planking.
Well I mean it seems I'd have to count my ledgegrabs just while I'm waiting for a chance to climb back on.

That Up-B glitch makes some ledge games srsly terrible.

Using Metaknights cape glitch at all is a violation of the rule. It doesn't have to be infinite, using it even slightly isn't allowed.
Okay, so then doesn't this mean that any use of Dimensional Cape that concludes on the ground is against the rules?
The glitch is triggered by moving MK into the ground during the invisi-vinci-bility. Except for the case of traveling to the maximum range exactly horizontally from ground A to ground B, any time MK appears on the ground you know he struck the ground and thus triggered the DC extension at least once.

So any person who uses Dimensional Cape must pass entirely through the air, or move to the left side or right on the ground?

I hope I answered all ur questions, and does this mean u are confirmed for mah tourney?
Tanx, but it looks like all I can confirm is that I won't be able to confirm it. From reading the course of things around me, looks like I won't know what ride I can get until the morning of the 22nd, ffs.

jasonhan said:
what does it mean by "10hype"??
The 10 doesn't mean anything. Ally just said "hype", to hype the tournament, and '10' is a local lore reference / in-joke that newbies to SmashWorld Forums don't have to worry about. :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Ally (yes)
Holy (Yes)
Nvm (yes)
Guard (yes)
Terra (yes)

Final MTL list.
thank you very much for letting me know

@PK-ow!: You can use dimensional cape on the ground, you just can't mash up on the Cstick (or w/e direction it is) while holding down on the control stick (or w/e direction it is) while dimensional cape is initiated.

swordgard

Smash Hero
thank you very much for letting me know

@PK-ow!: You can use dimensional cape on the ground, you just can't mash up on the Cstick (or w/e direction it is) while holding down on the control stick (or w/e direction it is) while dimensional cape is initiated.
I mean, what about going from the air to the ground? So thats 1 use, that is perfectly legit. What about doing it twice fast? I can do it without the cstick too! Is that legit? Even if not, is that enforceable in any way?

The rule is crap, but its all we have : (.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
im coming for sure but I need somebody to come get me at scarborough at 13h55
Anyone can go take me ?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I mean, what about going from the air to the ground? So thats 1 use, that is perfectly legit. What about doing it twice fast? I can do it without the cstick too! Is that legit? Even if not, is that enforceable in any way?

The rule is crap, but its all we have : (.
hmmm well SBR members should know how this rule works, I just know what to do and what not to do so yeah =/.

im coming for sure but I need somebody to come get me at scarborough at 13h55
Anyone can go take me ?
I suggest nvm comes and picks you up. Talk to him.

GUYS, I DESPERATELY NEED MORE TV'S, CAN PEOPLE CONFIRM THEM PRETTY PLEASE!

swordgard

Smash Hero
hmmm well SBR members should know how this rule works, I just know what to do and what not to do so yeah =/.

I suggest nvm comes and picks you up. Talk to him.

GUYS, I DESPERATELY NEED MORE TV'S, CAN PEOPLE CONFIRM THEM PRETTY PLEASE!
The rule was made even though its iffy, its always been iffy and always will be. Its nor discrete nor enforceable, sucks we have to live with it unless we ban MK : (.

On another note, guys, bring and confirm tvs. Try to help the TOs as much as you can, a successful tourney does not depend only on the TO, but also on the community.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The rule was made even though its iffy, its always been iffy and always will be. Its nor discrete nor enforceable, sucks we have to live with it unless we ban MK : (.
I will also point out that the interpretation I just offered is discrete and enforceable, IF infinite replays are put on (to verify MK appears at maximum range when started and finished on the ground).

Well, what Tin Man said about the C-stick is at least well-defined, even if it's too possible to disguise a violation from detection. So okay.

P.S.: swordgard, you will have mad respect from me if you do manual iDC for the win this tourney. ;)

On another note, guys, bring and confirm tvs. Try to help the TOs as much as you can, a successful tourney does not depend only on the TO, but also on the community.
Yus, it's always harder to bring T.V.s, though.

*~*~*~

It might be easier for me to come down if there was housing Friday night. I've never 'housed' before.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I will also point out that the interpretation I just offered is discrete and enforceable, IF infinite replays are put on (to verify MK appears at maximum range when started and finished on the ground).

Well, what Tin Man said about the C-stick is at least well-defined, even if it's too possible to disguise a violation from detection. So okay.

P.S.: swordgard, you will have mad respect from me if you do manual iDC for the win this tourney. ;)

Yus, it's always harder to bring T.V.s, though.

*~*~*~

It might be easier for me to come down if there was housing Friday night. I've never 'housed' before.
LooftWaffles has housing i believe. IDC manually is not that hard for people with fast fingers. Also, I believe it was not a glitch per say. You also cannot differentiate just by looking at it normal cape and idc, i can touch the ground and end in the air and youl never know.

edit: Can i ask for pause to be off during my games? I hate when people mashing and randomly press pause.

Fashoomp

Smash Cadet
Plans fell through this weekend. 95% chance I'm gonna make it out to this one. Bringing setup.

Most people think my TV is laggy though, so I guess we can just use it for friendlies/practice if need be.

I'll post within the next 24 to let you guys know for sure if I'll be there.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I dont know who is gonna run the brawl+ tourney, but I would like to know around what times it will start cuz I would really like to participate to it but I will be at the tourney around 14h45 I think

EDIT: Will we have a streaming ?

5ive

Smash Champion
We will start as soon as possible. Last time we started right before Brawl pools, so it depends on how organized we are. I will try my best to wait for you though.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
thanks I will try to convince the bus driver to drive at 200 km/h to come the sooner possible

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
anyone here accountant or studying for accounting?
Like in accounting university?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
atm, it looks like there will only be 8 TV's for this event. If that's the case, Having Brawl+ use 3 TV's and Brawl use 5 will most likely have to happen. If Brawl+ wants to sacrifice one of their TV's for melee, then that's their decision, but Brawl singles and doubles is finishing before anyone loads melee in one of those setups.

jpak

Smash Lord
jason han
i dont necessarily studying accounting but im taking my first introductory course right now
im in mathematics/financial analysis risk management at university of waterloo.
their accounting financial management, and double degree programs are very good in accounting. i would say the top 5 in canada.
i would say the best because of their co-op program that allows you to work for the big 4, but some would disagree. if you wanted info on unis that is, unless you want accounting help can't do that unless its the basics so far.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
jason han
i dont necessarily studying accounting but im taking my first introductory course right now
im in mathematics/financial analysis risk management at university of waterloo.
their accounting financial management, and double degree programs are very good in accounting. i would say the top 5 in canada.
i would say the best because of their co-op program that allows you to work for the big 4, but some would disagree. if you wanted info on unis that is, unless you want accounting help can't do that unless its the basics so far.
No. i need to interview someone who is taking accounting to become accountant for my accounting assignment ._.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
So, it turns out that I actually will be able to make it! :)Gotta work on dem matchups, especially falco ('cause I'm Mario, and that's what I do).

I'm calling up my friends, and if I can get a ride, I'll totally be there with a full set (TV et all) like last time. If anyone's passing through Southern Etobicoke, send me a PM or something.

MatticusJT

Smash Rookie
I am not to sure whether i will bring my wii or not, it's only a week old and the last tourney i went to i lost a controller and i heard some1 lost a wii ill post on friday on my decision, but i will bring a tv for my buddy citrus is bringing his wii but no television

XxHollowCorexX

Smash Apprentice
I'll put my Wii up for B+ setup. >.>
if some asian ******* brings my SD that day.
don't worry 5ive it's not you.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
percentage of me coming to this tourney now increased to 85%...

PS: Tin-Man, can you change it to Han, instead of jasonhan416

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So, it turns out that I actually will be able to make it! :)Gotta work on dem matchups, especially falco ('cause I'm Mario, and that's what I do).

I'm calling up my friends, and if I can get a ride, I'll totally be there with a full set (TV et all) like last time. If anyone's passing through Southern Etobicoke, send me a PM or something.
i will be there + 2 buddies.

Crapbird & Dog007
I am not to sure whether i will bring my wii or not, it's only a week old and the last tourney i went to i lost a controller and i heard some1 lost a wii ill post on friday on my decision, but i will bring a tv for my buddy citrus is bringing his wii but no television
Okay I can still go, so Brawl+ is good.
percentage of me coming to this tourney now increased to 85%...

PS: Tin-Man, can you change it to Han, instead of jasonhan416
I suddenly feel a lot better about this tournament :)!

Top Bottom