• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

Furret24

Smash Master
You could match make specifically to allow only two IC's per match online, and yeah limit how many people can play as them in local FFA. Once again, it's either make sacrifices, or don't have the character at all, and let's not forget this is a 3DS only problem. I know people won't like it, but I think it's better to at least be able to play as them 1v1 than not at all.

I hate the word "fair" in this situation. Both sides will obviously think it's unfair for them; one side is missing their character altogether, and the other don't want a character that's gimped which is understandable, but let's not try and play up the sympathy card to a fan-base missing their favorite character.

I was thinking if the IC's do become DLC, that, because they're going to have to be limited, why not make them even cheaper than usual (or even free) for the 3DS version. That way, if you do want them, but are upset about them being limited, you'll at least be getting what you pay for (if you're even paying at all).
Should online complicate this much just for one character? I'd personally rather have no character at all than a character that over complicates a plethora of modes, whether you wanted them or not. This would really upset a lot of casuals who don't want a duo of nobodies convolting their game. There are plenty of other characters that are just as popular, if not more popular than the Ice Climbers that wouldn't cause such issues, so why make them over these other characters.

No matter which way you slice or dice it, there is no real way to make the Ice Climbers work in this game that would really work. I apologize if I upset anyone for saying this, but I'm just telling you all my position on this.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya...no. I'm a casual player, and if I were a 3DS owner, I would (obviously) be overjoyed if they were brought back for DLC, just like I would be if they were brought back in the Wii U game as well.

Furret24

Smash Master
Ya...no. I'm a casual player, and if I were a 3DS owner, I would (obviously) be overjoyed if they were brought back for DLC, just like I would be if they were brought back in the Wii U game as well.
I don't mean all of them. You may want them, but half of them probably don't even know who they are.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
*sigh* Does anyone here think we would be better off in general if they just resort to a solo IC? Either we're overcomplicating the situation because we're in an informational drought or the duo mechanic really is too much trouble for the team to deal with. I mean, look at what we're talking about now. Limited amount of people who can play ICies at a time? Limited online use? What's it worth to keep a mechanic intact that's unstable on the 3DS from what we know and have it be a do or die situation for the fate of Nana and Popo on the battlefield? I know nobody here prefers the solo way out, but there's gotta be some compromise that makes sense. Not everyone out there is willing to compromise, but surely they'll get over it. I did vote for them as Ice Climbers, but I did mention that I'd be fine with a separation if it was needed. I just feel it would be the more sane solution. Just this once. Better than nothing. Just this once. Better than nothing. I'm not giving up on the possibility of a duo mechanic, I just don't want it to be held against them for a second time without a simpler resort.
Wouldn't 8 player smash also pose a problem for the Wii u version?

That's 16 characters on screen at a time and they had problems even getting 8 to function properly (WFT's thumb, for example)
This rumor has been brought up numerous times, even on this thread. There is no evidence of them not working, only Sakurai's words stating they worked fine on the Wii U are implications enough to say that they won't have issues with 8PS. Period.

Furret24

Smash Master
make them Wii U exclusive.

Easy solution.
A solution Sakurai would never do, potentially drastically change the metagame between the two versions, and make 3DS version unbalanced with the Wii U version.

Easy for sure.

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
A solution Sakurai would never do, potentially drastically change the metagame between the two versions, and make 3DS version unbalanced with the Wii U version.

Easy for sure.
Quick question, but who cares about the making 3DS "metagame" the same as the WiiU metagame? (although the 3DS metagame isn't really a metagame due to the fact the game has only 5 tourney-legal stages as of yet (omega counting as FD), the controls are bad by comparison too the Wii-U and there is lag even on local play.) The "metagame" of the game is already drastically different due to the completely different stage list resulting in some characters having a lack of good stage choices (for example, unless you count Prism Tower's shifting blast zones, there is no low ceiling stage; this hinders the effectiveness of characters who rely on killing off the top, such as Robin, Fox, Megaman and a few others). This means that those characters are worse when compared to the rest of the cast than they are on the WiiU. Sure, IC would shift the WiiU meta further away, but it doesn't matter much considering that they are already drastically different regardless, and I think a different meta is a point in favor of version exclusive DLC anyway as it gives us an actual excuse to own both games other than a: waiting for the WiiU version to be released and b: to play with your friend who doesn't own a wii u. Seriously, the WiiU version completely invalidates the 3DS when it comes to play quality, so anything to make the 3DS worth playing over it is a good thing.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Easy for sure.
I fail to see the problem here.

Quick question, but who cares about the making 3DS "metagame" the same as the WiiU metagame? (although the 3DS metagame isn't really a metagame due to the fact the game has only 4 tourney-legal stages (omega counting as FD), the controls are bad by comparison too the Wii-U and there is lag even on local play.) The "metagame" of the game is already drastically different due to the completely different stage list resulting in some characters having a lack of good stage choices (for example, unless you count Prism Tower's shifting blast zones, there is no low ceiling stage; this hinders the effectiveness of characters who rely on killing off the top, such as Robin, Fox, Megaman and a few others). This means that those characters are worse when compared to the rest of the cast than they are on the WiiU. Sure, IC would shift the WiiU meta further away, but it doesn't matter much considering that they are already drastically different regardless, and I think a different meta is a point in favor of version exclusive DLC anyway as it gives us an actual excuse to own both games other than a: waiting for the WiiU version to be released and b: to play with your friend who doesn't own a wii u. Seriously, the WiiU version completely invalidates the 3DS when it comes to play quality, so anything to make the 3DS worth playing over it is a good thing.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As said already, the meta game is different enough as it is. Plus if we go with MY solution (which admittedly is a little overcomplicated) the 1v1 metagame won't be changed any more than it already has been. You'll still get to play as at least 2 IC's at the same time, seeing that that's what the majority of us care about anyway I don't see what the big deal is.

I think the only reason they should do this for the IC's is because they were already in the game. It's not like we're talking about doing this with a character from scratch, these characters already had a certain amount of playability before they got cut, which is why this seems to be the most natural inclusion of them all. Their inclusion would be the simplest of anyone even if they have to be limited for one version.

Let's not bring the casual players into this either. We can't possibly know what all of them want, so making assumptions on whether they do or don't want the IC's, and what they'd be willing to accept is wasted effort. A lot of people like to take the side of the silent majority, because it's the easiest one to win, but impossible to prove. Speaking as a former lurker who watched silently for years, as I observed people assume that most of us want DragonBall Z characters, think SSBB>Melee, and don't like competitive play for no reason other than pure speculation, I really don't care for blind assumptions regarding the IC's on these matters.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Let's not bring the casual players into this either. We can't possibly know what all of them want, so making assumptions on whether they do or don't want the IC's, and what they'd be willing to accept is wasted effort.
Gee, thanks...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
N]Yeah sure none of this info is confirmed, but as mentioned before, with WFT having to have pieces of it's skeleton removed for 8 player smash, I doubt 8 IC's would work all at once.
pretty sure this was to remove frame dropping or lag on the console. The Ice Climbers, if reintroduced, would have to be reworked anyway, so despite them being two models, they'd have to be made as one. As a strong Ice Climber supporter, I refuse to believe that 8-Player Smash was only brought to life because of their exclusion, or that because it is a mode now, they won't be added because they "won't work"

also, this:

This rumor has been brought up numerous times, even on this thread. There is no evidence of them not working, only Sakurai's words stating they worked fine on the Wii U are implications enough to say that they won't have issues with 8PS. Period.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

As a mostly casual player, I mostly just want them back because I loved their personality and playing as them. They were one of my most played characters in the previous games.

And I loved their duo mechanic. Therefore I wouldn't really be that fond of a Solo Climber. Luma-fying Nana should be no problem though, and if 8 Rosalina's can work, so should a reworked Ice Climbers.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Gee, thanks...
You're misunderstanding my point. I'm trying to say people shouldn't bring in the idealized "casual player" (ie the guy who doesn't speak for himself around these parts, or the so called "silent majority") to try and reinforce their own point. You, as a self-proclaimed casual player, speak for yourself, no one needs to speak for you or assume what your stance should be. That's all I was saying.

pretty sure this was to remove frame dropping or lag on the console. The Ice Climbers, if reintroduced, would have to be reworked anyway, so despite them being two models, they'd have to be made as one. As a strong Ice Climber supporter, I refuse to believe that 8-Player Smash was only brought to life because of their exclusion, or that because it is a mode now, they won't be added because they "won't work"

also, this:
I wasn't implying 8 player Smash only came about to "replace" the IC's, I was implying that it may have had something to do with the IC's getting cut. I'm fully aware that there's no "proof" to this, but I think it can be assumed that the IC's pose more of a GPU problem than WFT would, probably to a point where they may drop the frame rate to an almost unplayable condition in 8 player smash, which could have aided in their elimination. Either way, I never said that, that was my personal opinion, I'm just repeating the concerns that others have had in the past.

@❀Miracle What ideas do you have for a "lumafied" Nana? 'Cause I just don't see it working.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The problem with Ice Climbers being on the 3DS is the fact that both Popo and Nana have their own individual AI's, as 4 IC players would be an overload of how many complex AI's the 3DS can render at once. Pretty confident that's the problem, i see people suggesting make them 2D sprites on the 3DS version. But that's not the issue, the 3DS can render multiple character models on screen at once, it's the AI that's the problem. Smash Run proves this, as there are dozens of enemies on screen at once. Because their AI's are simple, player AI's on the other hand require a lot more hardware resources.

Though it is naïve and very optimistic to believe that they just didn't have time to make Ice Climbers work, it's not unreasonable. As Sakurai's wording when he addressed the situation really makes it sound like that was the case.

"I had the team innovate a lot to try and get them working, but we had to give up eventually."

This can in fact mean two things, either they gave up because there wasn't enough time, or they tried their hardest and it just did not work. And i think the latter would've taken up quite a lot of the development schedule of the game. Which is why i'm leaning towards the fact that they just did not have enough time.

I think Sakurai and the team should find a way to get Ice Climbers working on the 3DS version first, before they make any drastic decisions like making them exlusive DLC for Wii U and New 3DS. While that's not the worst idea, it's not the best one either. It would cause a weird split in the userbase of the game, like, how will the Ice Climbers work Online if they can only be played with the New 3DS? So if exclusive DLC were to become a decision, i put my money on Wii U exclusive DLC.

If Exclusive DLC were to become a thing for them, only a vocal minority would complain about it. But let's be real here, this happens with almost everything. Need i remind you, there were a group of people that protested against For Glory mode when it was first announced. So no doubt Exclusive DLC would cause the same uproar, but it'll die down eventually as people just get over it. Besides, i've actually seen more people want Ice Climbers as Wii U/New 3DS exclusive than naysayers.

What i really want to happen though, is that Smash for 3DS, the game as a whole, gets an upgraded re-release version made specifically for the New 3DS. With features and content that wasn't possible on the original 3DS, you can clearly see Smash for 3DS pushes the handheld to it's limit. (Extremely long boot up loading time, Home menu during game takes much longer than other games, Web Browser not available during game and etc.) Yet, it is still extremely far away from the Wii U version in what it offers. A new re-release version for New 3DS would be a great value, as it would make the handheld counterpart of the game much closer to the Wii U version. Upgraded re-releases is in Bandai Namco's blood, too. This would be the best way to get the Ice Climbers back. because the roster parity still consists within this decision.

But, i have been thinking a lot about this. What way is there to implement a working Ice Climbers to the 3DS without drastically changing them from their previous incarnations, such as splitting them into a solo Climber? Like i elaborated on earlier, the problem is more than likely the AI's they have. So i've come up with a concept that they could possibly use to fuse Popo and Nana's AI into one. Duck Hunt Duo is proof you can have two fully interactive character models in one AI.

I made these illustrations for my concept:

Tie Popo and Nana together. This way, they can share the same AI and are always in sync. Sure, this would eliminate the gimmick of Nana desyncing from Popo at times. But their core moveset would still be the very same.

^ How this execution would make them look during gameplay, Nana stands behind Popo instead of next to him like in previous games. To make sure you can see her visually, because they are completely in sync and Nana no longer desyncs during quick movements.

Anyway, that's just what i think, and what i came up with. I may be wrong in the end, but it's a risk i'm willing to take.
here it is. Genius idea imo. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

You're misunderstanding my point. I'm trying to say people shouldn't bring in the idealized "casual player" (ie the guy who doesn't speak for himself around these parts, or the so called "silent majority") to try and reinforce their own point. You, as a self-proclaimed casual player, speak for yourself, no one needs to speak for you or assume what your stance should be. That's all I was saying.

I wasn't implying 8 player Smash only came about to "replace" the IC's, I was implying that it may have had something to do with the IC's getting cut. I'm fully aware that there's no "proof" to this, but I think it can be assumed that the IC's pose more of a GPU problem than WFT would, probably to a point where they may drop the frame rate to an almost unplayable condition in 8 player smash, which could have aided in their elimination. Either way, I never said that, that was my personal opinion, I'm just repeating the concerns that others have had in the past.

@❀Miracle What ideas do you have for a "lumafied" Nana? 'Cause I just don't see it working.
Basically just along the same lines ss Luma. Maybe a command to send her out and then you and control her on her own. And she still acts as a shield and can get KO'd just like Luma can.

If not that, then the idea @ Nintendotard Nintendotard quoted above works too.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
here it is. Genius idea imo. Sorry for the double post.
I have no problems with this idea, but as OP mentioned, it's more of a DHD idea, and less a Rosaluma one. Still not a bad idea, though I wonder how their up b would work if strapped together like that?

Basically just along the same lines ss Luma. Maybe a command to send her out and then you and control her on her own. And she still acts as a shield and can get KO'd just like Luma can.

If not that, then the idea @ Nintendotard Nintendotard quoted above works too.
I'm not really a fan of changing up the moveset to allow for control of Nana. I just like all the current attacks too much. I think it could be interesting though, especially for long range grabs and such, just don't know how it could work w/o changing a special.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol, OK. I know.

T

Trick or Treat

I have no problems with this idea, but as OP mentioned, it's more of a DHD idea, and less a Rosaluma one. Still not a bad idea, though I wonder how their up b would work if strapped together like that?

I'm not really a fan of changing up the moveset to allow for control of Nana. I just like all the current attacks too much. I think it could be interesting though, especially for long range grabs and such, just don't know how it could work w/o changing a special.
Side B. After they finish spinning Nana is separated and can be controlled like Luma until she comes back.

Maybe change it so the spin can be charged and a longer charge sends her out further. And no charge keeps it like it normally is.

Up B. Maybe if you use it then quickly input a direction either right or left, it instead sends out Nana further ahead.

Or it could work like normal but they get separated afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
There's a lot of interesting ideas to try and get the IC's to work for the 3DS out there, here's what we have so far (feel free to add anything).

The Sopo:
The main problem for the Ice Climbers is that the 3DS can't handle all that AI, changing the Ice Climbers to a solo character like everyone else seems like an easy fix.

Changes:
-Obviously the duo mechanic is gone, so no more dual chain grabs, or desyncing.
-Sopo's attack power is buffed across the board.
-Up-B changed. My idea was for a tether recovery, that can be cancelled midway to give the slingshot effect of the IC's old recovery. It was also mentioned that it would spike at the tip (much like ZSS' in Brawl) while standing, which could theoretically lead to chain grabs. @ TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher also suggested the Condor should be featured for their recovery.

The Tethered Climbers:
To eliminate the problem of separate AI's, the Climbers stay tethered together (kind of like DHD) to eliminate the need.

Changes:
-Ice Climbers always stay together, so no need to worry about losing Nana. Natural buff.
-Up-B most likely will be changed (going off of @J04KlM 's illustrations) although the tether could be looser.
-Desyncing and dual chain grabbing eliminated due to always synced AI.

The Puppet Climbers:
In an effort to keep the Ice Climbers ability to desync, they become more of a "puppeteering" character like Rosalina and Luma.
Probably the closest thing to actually having the regualr IC's back.

Changes:
-Intentional exploits that allow Nana to separate from Popo. Here's how @❀Miracle explains it:
Side B. After they finish spinning Nana is separated and can be controlled like Luma until she comes back.

Maybe change it so the spin can be charged and a longer charge sends her out further. And no charge keeps it like it normally is.

Up B. Maybe if you use it then quickly input a direction either right or left, it instead sends out Nana further ahead.

Or it could work like normal but they get separated afterwards.
I'd like to add that maybe Side B could be cancelled by Popo (maybe by hitting the shield button) allowing Nana to continue spinning, allowing for a proper desync, OR on the ground, Side B is a Nana only move, allowing for a more natural desync. These ideas can be applied to other attacks.

-Nana no longer automatically returns when separated. Maybe upon input of an attack like the aforementioned Side B, she'll naturally return (run back) to Popo like Luma does with Rosalina when B is pressed.

-Possibly allows for chain grabs (Side B cancelled, forward throw (Popo), throw from Nana?).

So, what does everyone think?

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
There's a lot of interesting ideas to try and get the IC's to work for the 3DS out there, here's what we have so far (feel free to add anything).

The Sopo:
The main problem for the Ice Climbers is that the 3DS can't handle all that AI, changing the Ice Climbers to a solo character like everyone else seems like an easy fix.

Changes:
-Obviously the duo mechanic is gone, so no more dual chain grabs, or desyncing.
-Sopo's attack power is buffed across the board.
-Up-B changed. My idea was for a tether recovery, that can be cancelled midway to give the slingshot effect of the IC's old recovery. It was also mentioned that it would spike at the tip (much like ZSS' in Brawl) while standing, which could theoretically lead to chain grabs.

The Tethered Climbers:
To eliminate the problem of separate AI's, the Climbers stay tethered together (kind of like DHD) to eliminate the need.

Changes:
-Ice Climbers always stay together, so no need to worry about losing Nana. Natural buff.
-Up-B most likely will be changed (going off of @J04KlM 's illustrations) although the tether could be looser.
-Desyncing and dual chain grabbing eliminated due to always synced AI.

The Puppet Climbers:
In an effort to keep the Ice Climbers ability to desync, they become more of a "puppeteering" character like Rosalina and Luma.
Probably the closest thing to actually having the regualr IC's back.

Changes:
-Intentional exploits that allow Nana to separate from Popo. Here's how @❀Miracle explains it:

I'd like to add that maybe Side B could be cancelled by Popo (maybe by hitting the shield button) allowing Nana to continue spinning, allowing for a proper desync, OR on the ground, Side B is a Nana only move, allowing for a more natural desync. These ideas can be applied to other attacks.

-Nana no longer automatically returns when separated. Maybe upon input of an attack like the aforementioned Side B, she'll naturally return (run back) to Popo like Luma does with Rosalina when B is pressed.

-Possibly allows for chain grabs (Side B cancelled, forward throw (Popo), throw from Nana?).

So, what does everyone think?
I'm okay with any of this minus the chain grabs. I don't want to hear players complain about grab exploits from Ice Climbers, making them wish they never returned in the first place. But in the end, I just want Nana and Popo back. And for their recovery, I was thinking more of a use for the condor and perhaps a tether grab so they can Zair.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm okay with any of this minus the chain grabs. I don't want to hear players complain about grab exploits from Ice Climbers, making them wish they never returned in the first place. But in the end, I just want Nana and Popo back. And for their recovery, I was thinking more of a use for the condor and perhaps a tether grab so they can Zair.
I know people complain about chain grabs, but I personally like them and will always root for them. If it gets eliminated then so be it, but Smash needs a grappler dammit!

As for the recovery, I don't want the Condor. I'm just not a fan of random thing popping out for no reason. I mean, it works for some characters (Mr. Game and Watch for example), but his whole thing is based off of random objects popping up, the IC's aren't and I'd like it to stay that way. I think the tether is a good idea on it's own if Sopo was a thing. As said, I'd like for it to be really versatile. On the ground, I'd like it to shoot straight up, and spike at the tip. Off stage, I'd like it to tether or be able to cancel the tether to slingshot (like the old recovery) for a long range recovery, and mixups. In the air NOT near a ledge, I'd like for it to Zair to space out, and once again, spike at the tip.

I'd like to make a collective list of ideas for the IC's, so maybe the idea of them coming back in a different form doesn't seem so unattractive to people, so feel free to add your ideas to my OP.

Last edited:

JaylonSonicSpeed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JaylnSonicSpeed
Ug, I missed so much.... :c. School started, then bullying problems, and advanced classes, just aye yai yai. Anyway, what did I miss, I heard about the Tri Force Heroes outfit, but I want to know about speculation and analysis.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ug, I missed so much.... :c. School started, then bullying problems, and advanced classes, just aye yai yai. Anyway, what did I miss, I heard about the Tri Force Heroes outfit, but I want to know about speculation and analysis.
Not a whole much really. A lot of arguing and semantics mostly. After that cooled down, we started talking about IC changes that might work, and I believe everything related to that is on this page.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
You want to know how to get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS? Make the run at 30fps each, until Nana dies, in which case Popo runs faster, to make it keep up.

It worked for the Assist Trophies.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
You want to know how to get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS? Make the run at 30fps each, until Nana dies, in which case Popo runs faster, to make it keep up.

It worked for the Assist Trophies.
Since the Pikmin have a very low framerate on the 3DS with few frames of animation, I'm suddenly curious if their balance would be any different or if they had slightly different frame data? Probably not. But if "zero gravity" failed, (reference to Sakurai's books) it's hard to say what else they could do to have 3DS ICies as a duo. It's a mystery, but I'll still be fully behind Sakurai for whatever he does for them, with the hopes that he's willing to give them a second chance.

Furret24

Smash Master
Since the Pikmin have a very low framerate on the 3DS with few frames of animation, I'm suddenly curious if their balance would be any different or if they had slightly different frame data? Probably not. But if "zero gravity" failed, (reference to Sakurai's books) it's hard to say what else they could do to have 3DS ICies as a duo. It's a mystery, but I'll still be fully behind Sakurai for whatever he does for them, with the hopes that he's willing to give them a second chance.
I think he'll (sadly) give up on them, as the only conceivable option would upset a good chunk of the people who bought Smash and go against his "vision" (which is probably why we still don't have Ridley).

But don't give up until atleast October 3rd.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Can you guys believe there's less than a month left? Wow, I'm dying for some more news.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The hype is real. Even though I probably won't care much for anyone that comes out of the Ballot other than ICies and Wolf (though Wolf will be to a lesser extent). I'm excited to see what oddball choices may have made it in along with the popular picks.

T

Trick or Treat

I have 5 characters that I am majorly hoping for. Others would be cool to a lesser extent. But to be honest I'd just be happy with any news and DLC, myself.

Unless the character is like, realllllly dumb.

Furret24

Smash Master
I have 5 characters that I am majorly hoping for. Others would be cool to a lesser extent. But to be honest I'd just be happy with any news and DLC, myself.

At this point, I'd be willing to take any character (Excluding a Mother rep, FE rep, Shrek, Goku, and Brittney Spears).

I also hope none of the vets are on your "Really Dumb" list.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

At this point, I'd be willing to take any character (Excluding a Mother rep, FE rep, Shrek, Goku, and Brittney Spears).

The only vets I would be disappointed about are Pichu and Young Link. I wouldn't call the "really dumb" though

PF9

Smash Lord
(speaking of Britney Spears, in my headcanons while FE Roy was away from Smash he co-starred in a romantic comedy opposite her called "Something Blue")

The Ice Climbers seem to have a lot of support. The question is, can the idea of version-exclusive characters get any support, as at this stage the ICs would be Wii U only and I'd put another character only on the 3DS version to compensate.

Furret24

Smash Master
The only vets I would be disappointed about are Pichu and Young Link. I wouldn't call the "really dumb" though
Pichu is my 3rd most wanted character, behind Rayman and Bandana Dee. This is mostly so I can play as a real glass cannon. Plus, I just love Pichu himself.

If that's your opinion though, I'm cool with it.

T

Trick or Treat

Pichu is my 3rd most wanted character, behind Rayman and Bandana Dee. This is mostly so I can play as a real glass cannon. Plus, I just love Pichu himself.

If that's your opinion though, I'm cool with it.
I guess it would depend on how many characters we get. If, say, Pichu was the only one, yeah I would be a bit disappointed.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The hype is real. Even though I probably won't care much for anyone that comes out of the Ballot other than ICies and Wolf (though Wolf will be to a lesser extent). I'm excited to see what oddball choices may have made it in along with the popular picks.
Same.

I'm hoping for some interesting choices, but at this point, I believe clones are not warranted. Wolf doesn't count as one.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I really want to be shocked in a good way. I'm 1/4 on current DLC (only one I like is Mewtwo, and I hate Roy/Ryu), and I'm really hoping for some good news. As much as I want IC's and Wolf, I'd love for something crazy. Just imagine after all these doubts Ridley gets revealed, or a character that no one that had a chance like Ray/ChiciRobo/Lip etc... made it in, or even the much deserved reveal of K.Rool/Isaac/Inkling/Wonder Red after all this waiting. I can't wait. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, because if Young Link/Paper Mario or any other repetitive character gets revealed I don't want to be devastated, but it's hard not to. I just love characters.

Furret24

Smash Master
Same.

I'm hoping for some interesting choices, but at this point, I believe clones are not warranted. Wolf doesn't count as one.
We got Roy and (to an extent) Lucas, so I doubt it. Of course, those were before the ballot, so it could go either way.
The Ice Climbers seem to have a lot of support. The question is, can the idea of version-exclusive characters get any support, as at this stage the ICs would be Wii U only and I'd put another character only on the 3DS version to compensate.
I hate the idea of version exclusive characters. I want to main the same characters on both versions and feel I should not have to play a specific version just to play as a specific character. What would happen K. Rool was 3DS exclusive? Since most people use the Wii U for competitive play, he would be extraordinarily rare in high level play.

I still don't think Sakurai would do it. There are plenty of other other characters he could make without all of this happening.
I really want to be shocked in a good way. I'm 1/4 on current DLC (only one I like is Mewtwo, and I hate Roy/Ryu), and I'm really hoping for some good news. As much as I want IC's and Wolf, I'd love for something crazy. Just imagine after all these doubts Ridley gets revealed, or a character that no one that had a chance like Ray/ChiciRobo/Lip etc... made it in, or even the much deserved reveal of K.Rool/Isaac/Inkling/Wonder Red after all this waiting. I can't wait. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, because if Young Link/Paper Mario or any other repetitive character gets revealed I don't want to be devastated, but it's hard not to. I just love characters.
What you got against Paper Mario?

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What you got against Paper Mario?
I thought it was pretty self explanatory in my post, I don't see why another Mario is hype. I know he can do different things, but so can literally hundreds of other characters.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

What's wrong with another Mother character??? At the very least, Ninten should be an alt. costume for Ness...we need the main 3 protagonists from the series in the game.

I thought it was pretty self explanatory in my post, I don't see why another Mario is hype. I know he can do different things, but so can literally hundreds of other characters.
Yup. That's my same feeling.

Top Bottom