• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Maybe its tonight (or tomorrow depending on your timezone). If Sakurai hated the SSE getting spoiled so much then he probably won't leave too many characters as secrets, and Friday is often a good day for new info.
The last few Fridays had:
Multi-man Miis/Shulk
Music added to Website
Smash Run power equip screen
Gameboy stage
Bomb blast mode

I'm really feeling it a veteran tonight/tomorrow, although it could be a leaked one.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Maybe its tonight (or tomorrow depending on your timezone). If Sakurai hated the SSE getting spoiled so much then he probably won't leave too many characters as secrets, and Friday is often a good day for new info.
The last few Fridays had:
Multi-man Miis/Shulk
Music added to Website
Smash Run power equip screen
Gameboy stage
Bomb blast mode

I'm really feeling it a veteran tonight/tomorrow, although it could be a leaked one.
I guess that's possible.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Lol it would be awesome i tommorrows PoTD would reveal IC's on the climb mode :D

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I want them back SOOOOO MUCH. But deep inside i doubt they'll be in the main roster. However i'm pretty sure they'll be in one way or another, either through DLC or through an update or something. I mean the Polar Bear in Smash run has to be hinting at them returning in some form, either that or Sakurai thought the Polar Bear just had to stay.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
This could mean either she has voice acted for them, or they were cut. There is no good way to tell though. We know that Sakurai at least tried to get them in the game, so them being in the game is probable.
I hope they are in though, because they were unique.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Many people and me were twitted her about ICies and bie she closed her Twitter
I wouldn't fret about that too much. It either means they're in and she isn't allowed to talk about them, or it means they're gone and she didn't want to talk about it. It is impossible to say, so ultimately we are in the same situation as we have been.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, think that Wii U and 3DS should have different rosters initially.

I wouldn't let the 3DS hold back the Wii U version if it came down to it.
It's dumb and Sakurai said they would share the same Rosters a while ago.

This could easily change...Just like he said there would be a lot of "handheld" based stages...and many of them in the 3DS are just rehashes from older Smashes.

I would simply have all of the characters available from the start on Wii U and release them as DLC for the 3DS for them to have all the "same characters"

If they indeed are trying to get them to work on the 3DS, this gives them additional time to do so.

This also allows them to Hype up the WiiU version from Oct-Dec with special characters.

Also, I am pretty sure they don't have cross buy yet and I would really hate to have to buy the same character in both games.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, think that Wii U and 3DS should have different rosters initially.

I wouldn't let the 3DS hold back the Wii U version if it came down to it.
It's dumb and Sakurai said they would share the same Rosters a while ago.

This could easily change...Just like he said there would be a lot of "handheld" based stages...and many of them in the 3DS are just rehashes from older Smashes.

I would simply have all of the characters available from the start on Wii U and release them as DLC for the 3DS for them to have all the "same characters"

If they indeed are trying to get them to work on the 3DS, this gives them additional time to do so.

This also allows them to Hype up the WiiU version from Oct-Dec with special characters.

Also, I am pretty sure they don't have cross buy yet and I would really hate to have to buy the same character in both games.
i agree they should have diffrent rosters but i dont think they will, i do however thing that they will have diffrent starting rosters and since we dont start with icys in the 3ds version, maybe we will in the WiiU version

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
It is possible that Sakurai changed his mind about the roster for each version, that they'll be slightly different, such as IC's being on the Wii U version.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Even in the April direct he enforced that the character roster would be the same. Wii U's not gonna have any exclusive characters.

infomon

Smash Scientist
guys, it will still be a good game....... even without ice climbers........

... the anticipation in this thread makes me so nervous lol

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice

yeah no doubt i still have 5 people im excited to main just really love me some icys

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
SECOND! Practically why I don't really play 64 anymore: since Melee, if it doesn't have Mr. Game & Watch, it sucks. And if it has G&W, it must also have Ice Climbers. That, and I'm too lazy to install an N64 emulator on the new system (a more-or-less gaming PC that under certain conditions can run Brawl at higher than 60FPS somehow).

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
SECOND! Practically why I don't really play 64 anymore: since Melee, if it doesn't have Mr. Game & Watch, it sucks. And if it has G&W, it must also have Ice Climbers. That, and I'm too lazy to install an N64 emulator on the new system (a more-or-less gaming PC that under certain conditions can run Brawl at higher than 60FPS somehow).
Thank you.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

No ICies, I'm not going to enjoy the game as much. No ICies and only the leaked roster as full roster: My satisfaction with the game- 6-7.5/10.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
they cant leave Xd unique representative saga, not a clone, sakurai was working on them.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards has been very slow recently. I keep getting glitches such as failed connections, and even a formatting glitch once. I assume most of the community is affected.

D

Deleted member

I was just thinking...

What about Solo Ice Climber?

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Best gameplay I've seen in a long time. Though there were excessive chaingrabs but eh, whatever. This video is flipping awesome, we need the ICies back in the game. Keep support up, they'll be there.

I was just thinking...

What about Solo Ice Climber?
We've had this idea for a long while by now, and we've kinda dismissed it, as the whole purpose of Ice CLIMBERS is that there is 2 of them. Only 1 would be...a stupid move.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Their most unique trait was that they were a team character. If you take that away it would just feel... Weird.

The only real reason for them to be cut (Other than the aforementioned fps drop on 3ds) is the broken chaingrab. I actually think that can be fixed. Simply reduce the range around Popo that Nana would be player-controlled until it is no longer possible to desync and 0% to KO everyone.

So I think that they would probably return as a team, as long as fps issues are cleared up.

Top Bottom