• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

D

Deleted member

Friday can't come any faster
(I'm in the states, so your Saturday is my Friday)

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Feel the same!! But for all my mains (except Ness) With Fox's wolf skin, no lucas and IC Im depressed
I never really used wolf or lucas, but they were nice additions to smash and they were definitely no clones, but their movesets could be used as custom moves for fox and ness. But I really hope IC are back, because they have a unique moveset and the roster would really feel wierd without their inclusion.

It is just really annoying to loose one of your mains. (Mewtwo was one of my mains in melee).

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Just like @ E EdgeTheLucas said, we have a form of confirmation that points out there is atleast one character unrevealed on the leaked roster & I'm confident Ice Climbers are the final one or are present if there are atleast 5 more characters

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
If the Ice Climbers don't make the final cut (which is probably what will happen), don't expect them to be DLC. The reason they got cut is special. The 3DS engine just couldn't handle them, so they had to cut them out, no amount of DLC will make the 3DS suddenly be capable of running them. Sorry IC fans, if the Ice Climbers, looks like you'll have to wait until the next smash game to play as them.

Look on the bright side though, at least you won't have to hear about people complaining about their stupid chain grab.
Get. The heck. Outta here. It's guaranteed that if they don't make it in the final roster and if DLC is a thing, they'll be DLC. But we're not going to have to worry about that problem, since they'll already be in the game initially. "You won't have to hear about people complaining about their stupid chain grab." OK, let's hypothetically say they're cut. 1. Ya sure, but is that really an upside when the downside is they're COMPLETELY CUT?!?!?! (Which they won't be, mind you). 2. Chaingrabbing can easily be removed. Now please, leave this thread, and go to another one. Or, start your own thread called "Idiots of Smash Inc.". :)

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'll be happy with Icies returning as long as their chaingrab gets removed. Other than that they are VERY unique and pretty "cool".

Only concern is how they may not make it due to issues relating between them and the 3DS. Although wasn't there an IC stage on the 3ds. Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Get. The heck. Outta here. It's guaranteed that if they don't make it in the final roster and if DLC is a thing, they'll be DLC. But we're not going to have to worry about that problem, since they'll already be in the game initially. "You won't have to hear about people complaining about their stupid chain grab." OK, let's hypothetically say they're cut. 1. Ya sure, but is that really an upside when the downside is they're COMPLETELY CUT?!?!?! (Which they won't be, mind you). 2. Chaingrabbing can easily be removed. Now please, leave this thread, and go to another one. Or, start your own thread called "Idiots of Smash Inc.".
Lol Yeah I don't think they should be cut just because of that. That is just silly. Regardless, you should be proud that they will sacrafice themselves for the sake of the 3DS :)

In the words of the Shaolin Warrior: "Dey bring honor"

Last edited:

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
If they‘re back I want certain changes. For example:
-If popo get smashed, you instantly switch to nana.
-If one ice climber remains the recovery changes to the condor flying up.
-Maybe another final smash (or the same but change so they can walk on the iceberg.)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think they need a different Final Smash this time around. What do ya think it should be?
I giant blizzard that sometimes has Topis and the Polar Bears flying in it to especially hurt the other players.

Otherwise, improve Brawl's FS so it won't just spawn in the middle of the screen and instead from the bottom from where you were standing. Also, THEY'RE CALLED THE ICE CLIMBERS, ALLOW THEM TO ACTUALLY CLIMB THAT ICEBERG INSTEAD OF SLIDING DOWN IT.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Get. The heck. Outta here. It's guaranteed that if they don't make it in the final roster and if DLC is a thing, they'll be DLC. But we're not going to have to worry about that problem, since they'll already be in the game initially. "You won't have to hear about people complaining about their stupid chain grab." OK, let's hypothetically say they're cut. 1. Ya sure, but is that really an upside when the downside is they're COMPLETELY CUT?!?!?! (Which they won't be, mind you). 2. Chaingrabbing can easily be removed. Now please, leave this thread, and go to another one. Or, start your own thread called "Idiots of Smash Inc.". :)
I just found out that chain-grabbing has been completely removed. So that is definitely gonna be one change to the IC's.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I'll be happy with Icies returning as long as their chaingrab gets removed. Other than that they are VERY unique and pretty "cool".

Only concern is how they may not make it due to issues relating between them and the 3DS. Although wasn't there an IC stage on the 3ds. Plz correct me if I'm wrong.
No, there was no Ice Climber stage on 3DS. However, I see the Balloon Fight stage being easily used for characters such as R.O.B and Duck Hunt and, of course, Ice Climbers.

And as for the whole "3DS isn't powerful enough" argument, the more I think about it, the more problems I have with it and the less I believe it.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The issue with the 3DS stems not from storage space, but from processing power. 3DS games have storage space comparable to Wii games. Storage and memory are not an issue. The issue is processing power. I'm not sure how powerful the 3DS is in that regard.

The new 3DS I bet could handle them, but I don't know if Sakurai would make them exclusive to just one 3DS model and the Wii U version, leaving out other 3DS owners.

D

Deleted member

The issue with the 3DS stems not from storage space, but from processing power. 3DS games have storage space comparable to Wii games. Storage and memory are not an issue. The issue is processing power. I'm not sure how powerful the 3DS is in that regard.

The new 3DS I bet could handle them, but I don't know if Sakurai would make them exclusive to just one 3DS model and the Wii U version, leaving out other 3DS owners.
Earlier I would agree, but apparently you can use the new c-pad of the new 3ds, but not the original 3ds expansion control pad, so...

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well guys, I think we'll find out soon enough if they're in or not. Nintendo of America will be streaming the full version of Smash 3DS on Friday, Sept. 12. Let's hope that if they show the rest of the roster, the ICies are there. GO RETRO! GO ICIES!

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I think we'll find out soon enough if they're in or not. Nintendo of America will be streaming the full version of Smash 3DS on Friday, Sept. 12. Let's hope that if they show the rest of the roster, the ICies are there. GO RETRO! GO ICIES!
I swear, they will be. Sakurai would never let them go.

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
If they‘re back I want certain changes. For example:
-If popo get smashed, you instantly switch to nana.
I think Nana instantly dying is better actually.

Think about it. In a stock battle, that's like having 2 lives per stock. Wouldn't really be fair would it? Unless you mean that Popo dying COUNTS as losing a life, then I could see it being fair.

But I really hope Ice Climbers make it back! They were amazing.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think Nana instantly dying is better actually.

Think about it. In a stock battle, that's like having 2 lives per stock. Wouldn't really be fair would it? Unless you mean that Popo dying COUNTS as losing a life, then I could see it being fair.

But I really hope Ice Climbers make it back! They were amazing.
I'd prefer choosing which ice climber will be the lead and which will be the assist, so there won't be as much sexism.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
I think it would be great if four of their costumes have Popo on the Lead and the others have Nana, of course, there would be two default colors....

Off topic: Would you like to see a Ice Climbers remake or new game?? I would love if nintedo made a Mario Party - type game with this little guys.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be great if four of their costumes have Popo on the Lead and the others have Nana, of course, there would be two default colors....

Off topic: Would you like to see a Ice Climbers remake or new game?? I would love if nintedo made a Mario Party - type game with this little guys.
Since Melee I want a new game from they, maybe a 2D game like kirby games

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Since Melee I want a new game from they, maybe a 2D game like kirby games
They should be DLC characters in Mario Kart 8. Or, since the whole 2-driver gimmick will be used again in the future according to an interview, they can appear in a future Mario Kart.

Last edited:

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice

they have nana leading sometimes but shes never in her pink parka its annoying i want the same costume but you just get to choose who leads

a minecraft-esk game for iceclimbers where at 0,0 on the voxel grid is a HUGE mountain. you climb it and build on it and at the top you battle the boss, a terodactle

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
If the IC's don't get a new stage, then we can assume that the new Balloon Fight stage could represent them in a way. I mean, despite R.O.B not having a stage to represent him from Brawl, the Mario Bros. stage was his home stage for that reason. Also, the Balloon Fight theme has been used in both the Icicle Mountain and Summit stages from Melee and Brawl, respectively.

Last edited:

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
They should be DLC characters in Mario Kart 8. Or, since the whole 2-driver gimmick will be used again in the future according to an interview, they can appear in a future Mario Kart.
They should make in the future a retro dlc for mario kart 8.
With ice climbers, ROB and some other NES characters and maybe even g&w.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
That would be great. Though, I'm not exactly sure how Mr. G&W would work in a Mario Kart game (seeing as he's flat), it would be pretty awesome. Also, R.O.B was playable before in Mario Kart DS, so it wouldn't hurt to have him either.
I just wonder how they would have both Popo and Nana in one kart. What do you think?

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
If the IC's don't get a new stage, then we can assume that the new Balloon Fight stage could represent them in a way. I mean, despite R.O.B not having a stage to represent him from Brawl, the Mario Bros. stage was his home stage for that reason. Also, the Balloon Fight theme has been used in both the Icicle Mountain and Summit stages from Melee and Brawl, respectively.
I think the balloon fight stage is their and ROB's home stage.
They probably get summit back on the wii u.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
We all know Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Galvanized Steel Luigi are then next three MK8 characters:troll:.

In seriousness if they do get in MK8 Nana will probably end up with Female Villager and Captain Falcon. (ie inexplicably absent)

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
That would be great. Though, I'm not exactly sure how Mr. G&W would work in a Mario Kart game (seeing as he's flat), it would be pretty awesome. Also, R.O.B was playable before in Mario Kart DS, so it wouldn't hurt to have him either.
I just wonder how they would have both Popo and Nana in one kart. What do you think?
It would probably be like something along the lines of Popo driving the car while Nana holds and uses the items.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
We all know Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Galvanized Steel Luigi are then next three MK8 characters:troll:.

In seriousness if they do get in MK8 Nana will probably end up with Female Villager and Captain Falcon. (ie inexplicably absent)
LOL. Good one. But seriously, IC's would be great to have in a Mario Kart game as DLC. Captain Falcon would be cool, too.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591

Now that I think about it the first three make much more sense, but we also need DHD and goomba.

But about Nana, I think she should share a car with popo, because since smash bros. they've become a team that you can't split easily. I think female villager and captain falcon didn't make it in, because of Isabelle and captain falcon comes from an actuel racing game and not a kart game so that would be a downgrade for him.

Last edited:

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it the first three make much more sense, but we also need DHD and goomba.

But about Nana, I think she should share a car with popo, because since smash bros. they've become a team that you can't split easily. I think female villager and captain falcon didn't make it in, because of Isabelle and captain falcon comes from an actuel racing game and not a kart game so that would be a downgrade for him.
Outside of the whole Mario Kart thing, what do ya think would be a good alternate costume for the Ice Climbers in Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS?

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Outside of the whole Mario Kart thing, what do ya think would be a good alternate costume for the Ice Climbers in Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS?
I'd like the idea of hoodless ice climbers and being able to have Nana in the lead with her normal colors.
I can't think of much else considering they don't appear in much games.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I'd like the idea of hoodless ice climbers and being able to have Nana in the lead with her normal colors.
I can't think of much else considering they don't appear in much games.
Yeah. Also, they're 8-bit appearance from NES Ice Climber would be great, too. Since it worked for Mr. Game & Watch, why not Ice Climbers?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah. Also, they're 8-bit appearance from NES Ice Climber would be great, too. Since it worked for Mr. Game & Watch, why not Ice Climbers?
From what I have heard from the Japanese Demo, Bowser has an old style-ish look as an alt., so I don't see why they couldn't do it for ICies, G&W, or maybe even Mario.

Top Bottom