• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

MattMan

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I renamed the common5.pac to something stupid (I think it was abcommon5.pac) and that didn't solve the problem. So I changed it back and renamed the new texture file that I had added. The problem persisted. So I thought, what the heck? I renamed the entire metaknight folder to something else and the problem still persisted. So I loaded up vBrawl and it worked just fine. I then tried Brawl+ and renamed the PF folder. It worked again. So I've concluded that some other file, besides the FitMetaknight05.pcs and the common5.pac is causing this problem. But I have no clue which file it is.

EDIT: I think the problem lies in this file: MenSelchrFaceB210.brres

I opened it up in Smashbox and it was completely messed up. I'm going to delete it and see what happens... In fact, I don't know what the .brres files are used for, I think it was generated when I was using CUPASH.

EDIT2: Deleting the file fixed the issue. Turns out .brres files are the CSPs displayed at the Results Stage. That was what was causing the freezing. Thanks Kryal for the help, and keep up the good work.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I thought it was peculiar that it was only the result screen. And yes, I found out today that the result screen uses the menu\common folder for the CSPs. I may have to incorporate that sometime...

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
''MenSelchrFaceBxxx.brres''

thanx i learn something new every day,
i had the info on my pc(tutorial from Phontom Wings) but you guys had to show it to me for it to sink in

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
not yet

make a video on how to use
video would be cool ,
but reading is just as easy as well,

and we want him to do his work on the program not the video
...wait till its done and then maybe a video tutorial would be in order
...just my opinion though

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, new verson. This modeling stuff has been making me crazy! It needs work, I know.

Transparencies don't work right, and multi-layered textures aren't done. Samus is white!
Models for items added as well.

CSPs go to the menu\common folder so that the result screen can use them.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Yes... i am excited, great work

great work on the previewer i realy like it, so easy to see how the characters textures are playing out... with out haveing to load the game.
a couple things i noticed...not complaints:
samus looks fat with the ball in the middle and some textures dont show on the full model,
yoshi has the egg in the way of fully seeing his texture,
king ddd has no face and textures flash funny when rotated
007 snake is black and his textures dont show since the background is black,
sonic has no real texture previes since the ball is there... but shadow sonic hasnt even a texture preview it just flashes wiierd colors,
wario has no face textures appering properly for the doc louis hack,character using the
fit''charactername here''dark.pac dont show up as the texutre but the original is showed instead.
for instance Fire-Samus by Vide Infra.
diddys teeth scared me
many thing i can tell wont help me seewhat the actual texture in game is l;,,like eyes and cape symbols for marth...but a great previewer it is indeed.

wowow
MandM kirby froze the whole program and made a big red X across the model screen.

realy i just wanna thank you, for this and smashbox great work!

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
which files do I need exactly? all of them? so I have to scrub 8 gigs into the folder?

SuperJMN

Smash Cadet
Kryal, you are the man! The 3D Model previewer is a must! I don't know how you did it, but you are for sure working really hard to get this done.

Thanks for your invaluable knowledge!

Kryal

Smash Ace
which files do I need exactly? all of them? so I have to scrub 8 gigs into the folder?
You really only need the fighter, system, menu, and stage folders. Eventually you may need more, and you can pretty much ignore the movie folder.

Kryal

Smash Ace
As for the characters being all weird: the program doesn't determine which polygons to render, it just shows them all. I imagine this might have something to do with the animations. Maybe in the next version I'll have an interface to turn off certain polygons.

At the moment blending does not work, particularly on stages. This is because alpha blending requires polygons to be drawn back-to-front. And because I don't have any sort of scene graph it looks really strange with blending.

Kryal

Smash Ace
markehmus, some of the flickering you are experiencing may be hardware related. I don't have many systems to test with so it's sometimes difficult for me to experience these problems. What OS/graphics card do you have?

Diddy's teeth should not be showing.
Sonic textures are a little strange, because the game shades over them.
I haven't really worked with the dark costumes much, so I'm not entirely sure how they could be used.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I am interested in using this, but what exactly do you mean by the "brawl files"? Is this like a common 5 file, or like the actual characters (FitLink.pac), or something else?
Yes, those are all game files. Pretty much the game files extracted from the disc. If you don't have all of them you should be able to use some by pointing to your SD card (if they're already laid out).

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I was just looking through the new update and in the items, you are missing a lot of textures. I like how they are grouped together, but the food, for example, is all missing except for the apple, and I do remember others being there in the last version. The same goes for all the faces on Peach's turnips except the smilie one. Great job on the models though.
Will there be a model export option in the future? And will there be an "export/replace all textures" option for characters and stages in the future as well?

Once again great job!

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Something small i noticed is that this wont preview emerald textures... anyway to fix that?
yep you can take the textures out of that emerald character
since it is in a ''FitCharacterDark.pac ''
and replace those exported emerald textures into a ''FitCharacter00.pac'' or .pcs by importing them

brawlscape is not seeing the ''edge'' file textures for me , so i done that with some of the guys but havbent tried it with the emeralds yet.
-=-=-
As for the characters being all weird: the program doesn't determine which polygons to render, it just shows them all. I imagine this might have something to do with the animations. Maybe in the next version I'll have an interface to turn off certain polygons.

At the moment blending does not work, particularly on stages. This is because alpha blending requires polygons to be drawn back-to-front. And because I don't have any sort of scene graph it looks really strange with blending.
that must be why olimar has no face under the ''bulb''
-=-=-=-
markehmus, some of the flickering you are experiencing may be hardware related. I don't have many systems to test with so it's sometimes difficult for me to experience these problems. What OS/graphics card do you have? nope flickering is on both laptops and desktop but only when in motion and mainly on things that error... like the teeth of diddy kong, or the face texture on wario , if the texture is not errored there is no flikering. i can actualy see the texture apper and disapear if i move the model real slow but to move it fast makes flickering. on three types of hardware all exactly the same

Diddy's teeth should not be showing. i really dint think they should but they do,and he has no eyes ...black from top of the eyelid to the bottem of the eyelid and luigi too and DDD has no face?
Sonic textures are a little strange, because the game shades over them. yep any character that morph's into another shape has this, like you said samus and sonic and yoshi
I haven't really worked with the dark costumes much, so I'm not entirely sure how they could be used.
ah alot of characters that end with ''dark.pac'' are not realy texture hacks ...just a picture added as an ''edge'' so it gets ''smeared all over the character and doesnt resemble the picture thats placed there
and the rest of the textures like the 00-and so on .pac's have are not even changed at all. it is a fancy lazy way to completely change a character .

i think it sux because they only show up in brawl not emisary missions or classic mode... nbot even in the boss battles or what not... so those textures suck anyway

can i request a whiteish background for models instead of black?
many characters are really hard to see against the black, so if we could switch the background color for troublesome characters it would really improve the view for some textures... but i think white would suck for some other character colors as well. dont bother if you dont wanna do be upset, i realy can live like this, but i notice it on alot of dark characters.

oh and as always
THANK YOU for all your work

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Why's the character viewer missing characters?

It's missing:

gkoopa
warioman
zakoball
zakoboy
zakochild
zakogirl

I know when we get to where we can edit models and put them ingame, these slots will want to be used (hell, I'd almost like to try making new textures for 'em just to see if they'll be able to be told apart).

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
SmashScape Rox

(hell, I'd almost like to try making new textures for 'em just to see if they'll be able to be told apart).
you can edit them with smashbox, give it a try....
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7692887&postcount=1
-=-=-=-=-

i tried my hand at editing the ItmBeamSword_Tuka.png with BRAWLSCAPE.05
a few minutes ago and thought i would share my Wii_ghtSaber in TronMario's hand

i got the idea from surfing through items in BrawlScape and my avatar on another site is

<--little png to add with BrawlScape
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wkmmmmjy4yn <--brres to add to the common3.pac

this brawlscape works awesome

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
you can edit them with smashbox, give it a try....
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7692887&postcount=1
I mean more along the lines of creating new textures for new slots, like FitZakoBoy01 and so on. The idea would be to give them different tints so they can be told apart when multiples of them are on the screen.

Also, I have a bit of an... interest in getting at the Alloy's models, anyway. I plan to make them usable in a virtual world as avatars, and getting the actual model data would make 'em as accurate as possible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The models on that program do look quite messy. Not all that impressive right now, especially since you can also use sc_selcharacter.pac to store your custom portraits.

Basically, SmashBox is a better option when you're going for more than just fighters, items, and stages.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
The models on that program do look quite messy. Not all that impressive right now, especially since you can also use sc_selcharacter.pac to store your custom portraits.

Basically, SmashBox is a better option when you're going for more than just fighters, items, and stages.
Actually the models look exactly how they would in any 3d program...

Try making a good stage texture without looking at a model from your computer (exlude transparency), its hellish and importing each model and sorting each texture takes... AGES. This is a great alternative and the models dont look like what they do in game only because transparency, CLR0 and lights.

This is actually VERY impressive, its the best tool to make textures out and of course this is worse than smashbox if your going for items, fighters and stages, ITS ALL THIS PROGRAM DOES, as for smashbox, its meant to do other things.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually the models look exactly how they would in any 3d program...

Try making a good stage texture without looking at a model from your computer (exlude transparency), its hellish and importing each model and sorting each texture takes... AGES. This is a great alternative and the models dont look like what they do in game only because transparency, CLR0 and lights.

This is actually VERY impressive, its the best tool to make textures out and of course this is worse than smashbox if your going for items, fighters and stages, ITS ALL THIS PROGRAM DOES, as for smashbox, its meant to do other things.
Yeah I don't see myself relying on BrawlScape very much. Besides, it's not compatible with the Subspace Emissary textures.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Your making it seem like that's a big deal, its SSE, who the hell even plays that more than once. After you get the characters, i don't even touch SEE.

And FYI, it IS compatible with SSE textures, just name any of the SSE stage textures to STGDONKEY.pac (or any stage texture) and use it like normal in brawlscape. Ive used it to make a few boss textures.

comboking

Smash Master
SSE can be fun if you haven't played it for awhile or want to beat it 100% on intense. It's all personal preference.

Kryal

Smash Ace
nope flickering is on both laptops and desktop but only when in motion and mainly on things that error... like the teeth of diddy kong, or the face texture on wario , if the texture is not errored there is no flikering. i can actualy see the texture apper and disapear if i move the model real slow but to move it fast makes flickering. on three types of hardware all exactly the same
I've tried messing with my video settings, and I notice this happening when I switch to 16-bit color. Make sure your desktop is set for 32-bit color and see if that makes a difference.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
even so its no big deal, i love the progression your making

I've tried messing with my video settings, and I notice this happening when I switch to 16-bit color. Make sure your desktop is set for 32-bit color and see if that makes a difference.

i can assure you its not my hardware or settings. as its the same across my 3 PC's that i try it on.

maybe i am using the wrong words though.

its a texture that moves across the model when the model is in motion. and when i move the model faster it appears to flash but its just moving across the model and disappearing when moved slow.
look at the teeth and how the 'skin' is not over them ,1ts pic
when i slightly tilt the model down ..the 'skin' moves across the teeth,2ndpic
when in faster motion it apears to 'flash across the teeth

with some characters its worse then others.... but my screen doesnt flash no the program just parts of the models bodies change color very fast appearing to flash.

never any 'flashing' at a stand still...if you can even realy call that a flash.
note the teeth do show, but color of black does show up against the black background

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
im not trying to be rude MandSG, but it sounds like you are.

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Yeah I don't see myself relying on BrawlScape very much. Besides, it's not compatible with the Subspace Emissary textures.
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
'cant teach an old dog new tricks ?' ...and you sound very whinny with the big font too.

cant you tell?...BrawlScape a work in progress,
go play , come back when its done, and then speculate.
there are more programs you have used ...and can use so...

my advice to you is go play in your 'flat world' and come back when BrawlScape is complete... or use another model previewer, this is comming along GRAND!
yeah ..we know SmashBox is great! it started somewhere too...

Roxas M

Smash Master
i can't wait to try this.
*is still downloading brawl iso*
great work. i've been looking for a model previewer for a while now. this gets the job done very well. =)
i can't wait to see the next update.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
I know what you mean, I just get it when I turn down my color depth. I found this on Intel cards which may help:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-004662.htm

I'll look through the functions and see if I'm using anything over version 1.3. Even so, it shouldn't be flickering for me either.
sorry no i dont want to turn your attention away from development.
this is minor and i am sure you can can work on moreimportant things with BrawlScape and Smashbox then this small error.(but i will take direction from your link and test your findings, dont be consumed by my small technical issues then)

-=-=-
STUFF2o said:
I need an ISO on my computer for this to work, right?
yes some of the iso is needed ,
please read someof the pages preceeding this 1 to find what you need.
and also look at this
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8600212&postcount=3496
its helpful

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for being such a noob, but when you modify stuff with this program, it saves it as an ISO file thing for you to burn onto a disc? I'm kinda confused about what it does. Does it save stuff onto my sd card for use with the file patch code? And, if so, what do I use it for?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Basically it depends on what you want to do. If you're doing just basic stuff you can get by with system\common5, system\common3 and the fighter folder. Eventually you will want the following folders: fighter, info, menu, stage, system.
This is what you need

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Basically it depends on what you want to do. If you're doing just basic stuff you can get by with system\common5, system\common3 and the fighter folder. Eventually you will want the following folders: fighter, info, menu, stage, system.
Seriously? I only needed those files? At least I don't have to spend forever downloading an entire ISO.

Top Bottom