• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX+PM Template V.0.2 + Clone Guide

brotankfrank

Smash Rookie
Interesting, I was able to access it before I signed up. Try this link?

No problem! And yesss indeed, I (arguably) know my way around making custom builds but this was quite the handful. I'm planning to use images and .gifs so the whole tutorial won't be a fat wall-of-text.
Thanks that one worked perfectly. I couldn't find any packs besides pm legacy though so I guess I'll have to wait it out until more stuff is available

Nice thanks so much I look forward using it then. Good luck!

PatziPatzPatz

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm a noob at BrawlEx but I managed to add a character's files, but how do I add them to the CSS?
Open CSSRoster.dat (it's in the BrawlEx folder) with BrawlExConfigUtility.exe, increase the number and add the IDs of your clones to the bottom of the list.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
An error occured now: Whenever I go into battle it freezes, they're a Pit clone and tried the Experimental Pit RSBE but it didn't work

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
An error occured now: Whenever I go into battle it freezes, they're a Pit clone and tried the Experimental Pit RSBE but it didn't work
You need to have all the files. if you're clone doesnt have dark fake spy final of the original or that of the clone itself then it wont work. you also need the Rel file to be edited to fit the code of the slot you chose

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Oh dang, does Bowser not have his own clone module? Would love to give Giga Bowser his own slot.

EDIT: no

Last edited:

Portalfan12345

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this is compatible with stage expansion?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if this is compatible with stage expansion?
I remember seeing a few people saying it is compatible. Just to be safe, do some tests before going all out on this build.

Yohan1044

Smash Rookie
I'm running V.0.3 hackless on wii, and experiencing lots of crashes with the hidden, hold-L characters of Warioman and the alloys. Sometimes it crashes at the results screen, sometimes at stage load, and sometimes even at stage select. Othertimes it works. Given how long it takes to do a full-cycle of restart, boot.elf, ect. on the wii, I'm not gonna make a full list of causality.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I'm running V.0.3 hackless on wii, and experiencing lots of crashes with the hidden, hold-L characters of Warioman and the alloys. Sometimes it crashes at the results screen, sometimes at stage load, and sometimes even at stage select. Othertimes it works. Given how long it takes to do a full-cycle of restart, boot.elf, ect. on the wii, I'm not gonna make a full list of causality.
Not a whole lot of people have been using this for hackless Wii, but most of those menus shouldn't be crashing unless you improperly added clones.

Although I'm not too sure about the hold-L characters, ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? can you help me out?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Not a whole lot of people have been using this for hackless Wii, but most of those menus shouldn't be crashing unless you improperly added clones.

Although I'm not too sure about the hold-L characters, ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? can you help me out?
I'm currently downloading and putting my contents from V.0.2 to V.0.3 I'll get back to you if it works.
EDIT: I can confirm that Warioman, Giga Bowser, and the Alloys are game breaking. The game will crash if you stay on the SSS too long and they crash the game when the Results Screen is supposed to load, This happens on Hackless, and Homebrew (Which I use) on Wii and Wii U.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently downloading and putting my contents from V.0.2 to V.0.3 I'll get back to you if it works.
EDIT: I can confirm that Warioman, Giga Bowser, and the Alloys are game breaking. The game will crash if you stay on the SSS too long and they crash the game when the Results Screen is supposed to load, This happens on Hackless, and Homebrew (Which I use) on Wii and Wii U.
Hope this gets fixed soon.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know the build was updated to v0.3. Whoops, from this sounds of this I'll stay at v0.2 lol.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to ask before is it game breaking on dolphin also?

N00B64

Smash Cadet

Attachments

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
People are experiencing pretty bad issues with this new version.
I'm sorry, but exactly what issues are people facing, aside from the ones mentioned? Only thing I've come across is Giga Bowser and Warioman not loading when you start a match, causing a crash. I wouldn't say there's anything else "game-breaking," from what I've tampered with.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but exactly what issues are people facing? Only thing I've come across is Giga Bowser and Warioman not loading when you start a match, causing a crash. I wouldn't say there's anything else "game-breaking," from what I've tampered with.
Wait, really? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? , Yeller1999 Yeller1999 , and Yohan1044 Yohan1044 were reporting bugs like the game crashing on SSS, loading a stage, the results screen, which is kinda bad. Granted I've never tested v0.3 myself, but I figured that was a good indicator to stay on v0.2.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Wait, really? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? , Yeller1999 Yeller1999 , and Yohan1044 Yohan1044 were reporting bugs like the game crashing on SSS, loading a stage, the results screen, which isn't exactly bug-free. Granted I've never tested v0.3 myself, but I figured that was a good indicator to stay on v0.2.
Perhaps I haven't faced issues with the CSS considering I'm not using PM's CSS. But I haven't experienced any SSS freezes either. Perhaps these people have made errors pertaining to their own setups?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps I haven't faced issues with the CSS considering I'm not using PM's CSS. But I haven't experienced any SSS freezes either. Perhaps these people have made errors pertaining to their own setups?
Interesting... well v0.3 had to have been tested for such notable bugs before being released. I'll message Pyotr or something, try out v0.3 for myself, and see what's up.

EDIT: words

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I've only experienced Crashes at the SSS if I hold down R too long on it, I'm going to try a fresh new version of v0.3 and see if its on my end.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
When I tested it on dolphin I was using a fresh just downloaded V0.3, and what happened was if on SSS to long while trying to use Giga Bowser, Warioman, and Alloys the game crashed. It froze and there is a loud beep. But if I quickly select a stage then I can play the match until its over and it freezes and a loud beep occur before the results can load. But I only tested it in 1v1 matches and not 3-way or 4-way matches.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
When I tested it on dolphin I was using a fresh just downloaded V0.3, and what happened was if on SSS to long while trying to use Giga Bowser, Warioman, and Alloys the game crashed. It froze and there is a loud beep. But if I quickly select a stage then I can play the match until its over and it freezes and a loud beep occur before the results can load. But I only tested it in 1v1 matches and not 3-way or 4-way matches.
This is what I was talking about.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, so it's only the hold-shield characters causing issues. Were they supposed to be working in this version? (Haven't checked the changelog...)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
This is mainly for PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin when they have the time to return to this and address any other bugs, but I suppose if anyone else has a concrete idea they can share it.

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball never shows up in a match. I'm not sure if this is because I am using the Lucario module instead of the included one, and if it can be corrected in Mewtwo's .pac file.

A bigger issue is Ness and Lucas clones' PK-Thunder balls not showing up at all. I have two Ness clones and one Lucas clone, and PK-Thunder doesn't show up for any of them. I'm not sure if this is ALSO because of the fighter's files themselves. If anyone else can confirm this is actually an issue that'd be great.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
This is mainly for PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin when they have the time to return to this and address any other bugs, but I suppose if anyone else has a concrete idea they can share it.

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball never shows up in a match. I'm not sure if this is because I am using the Lucario module instead of the included one, and if it can be corrected in Mewtwo's .pac file.

A bigger issue is Ness and Lucas clones' PK-Thunder balls not showing up at all. I have two Ness clones and one Lucas clone, and PK-Thunder doesn't show up for any of them. I'm not sure if this is ALSO because of the fighter's files themselves. If anyone else can confirm this is actually an issue that'd be great.
i've never encountered that issue with mewtwo, but I think I know why you might have that problem. Did you move mewtwo from Fighter27 or Slot33? Because he needs to have both of those specific ConfigIDs to be true for now. Soon (as in this thursday) I'll try to fix this issue for all lucario clones. As for PK-Thunder, I've never made a ness or lucas clone, so I'll have to try it to see if I can replicate it.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
i've never encountered that issue with mewtwo, but I think I know why you might have that problem. Did you move mewtwo from Fighter27 or Slot33? Because he needs to have both of those specific ConfigIDs to be true for now. Soon (as in this thursday) I'll try to fix this issue for all lucario clones. As for PK-Thunder, I've never made a ness or lucas clone, so I'll have to try it to see if I can replicate it.
I did indeed move him, yes. Whatever work you can do for all of this is greatly appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to look into it all.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I did indeed move him, yes. Whatever work you can do for all of this is greatly appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to look into it all.
I'll add this update officially to the template soon, but use this .gct for now: http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/GqrXtiYr/file.html
and use this ExModule for Mewtwo: http://www98.zippyshare.com/v/fP3leTW3/file.html (remember to edit it to fit your EX character ID)

look for this code in HxD:
C2AA95B8 00000004
2C1E0021 40820008
3C600022 2C1E0026
40820008 3C60008F
60000000 00000000

change the blue "26" to your EX character ID. At some point I'll modify the EX Module to do this behavior by default, but for now this will do.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So I have a few questions. In regards to the hexagon CSS before 1. Do I need to use the sc_selcharacter.pac in the download in the black folder and edit it so I can use it for PM+BEX so that it has Ridley? 2. PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin When Retro Mode is done will you include a version of PM+BEX with it added? 3. How is Bomberman and Slippy coming along? 4. Is there a way I can enable stage builder stages? and 5. Is this compatible with stage expansion or ASL or both?

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So I have a few questions. In regards to the hexagon CSS before 1. Do I need to use the sc_selcharacter.pac in the download in the black folder and edit it so I can use it for PM+BEX so that it has Ridley? 2. PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin When Retro Mode is done will you include a version of PM+BEX with it added? 3. How is Bomberman and Slippy coming along? 4. Is there a way I can enable stage builder stages? and 5. Is this compatible with stage expansion or ASL or both?
The Hexagon CSS won't work unless you remake EVERYTHING BRAWLEX RELATED inside the included sc_selcharacter.pac which you must use if you want it to work.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I noticed that Waluigi's cosmetics are part of the base form of the mod. Would this mean that all I'd need to do to put him in is add his fighter folder, or would I need to edit CSSRoster.dat to add him onto the CSS?

Top Bottom