• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX+PM Template V.0.2 + Clone Guide

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I have some clue as to adding custom franchise icons but I heard its difficult to get it on the Results Screen. I would test but my Labtop's SD Card Reader stoped working :\
After doing a little research it seems that the franchise icons in the Results Screen are actually models, or .mdl0 files. Meaning that if you're adding a new icon to the game, you will have to make a 3D model of it.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
After doing a little research it seems that the franchise icons in the Results Screen are actually models, or .mdl0 files. Meaning that if you're adding a new icon to the game, you will have to make a 3D model of it.
I'm not good with 3D Models...
Aw man.

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
How did you fix the issue? I'm also having a similar problem where the results screen crashes due to a new menchlmark.

EDIT: I've double-checked my process in sc_selcharacter.pac, info.pac, and info_training.pac, but I can't seem to pinpoint the issue.
I went into hxd and opened the cosmetic.dat. If yoy go to 0x14 the two numbers there is the franchise mark. My placeholder fix for now was to reuse an existing one because the new one I was trying to use wasnt working. I read this from the css tutorial for brawlex in the OP.

Here is one of the quotes:
Forgot one thing, after this go to your Cosmetic3F.dat in your BrawlEx CosmeticConfig, your cosmetic.dat might be different but your first clone should be that. Open it again with a hex editor and at 0x14 put in the mark number in hex minus in there so the mark number was 21, in hex that's 15, take 1 away from the hex which is 15 making it 14 and that's it. Save and close.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I really am enjoying this I just downloaded it and am getting ready to add first clone of my own. I like how instead of it being Giga Bowser its Red Alloy I have replaced Red Alloy with someone else thats ob Brawl Vault (Master Hand) but I was wondering if it was possible to be able to play as the other Alloys too. Like how with Wario I hold R and get Mario is it possible for me to change it to another Alloy and also be able to get the other Alloys by doing it with other characters or not? Thank you anyone for your time and sorry for the lengthyness of this post.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I really am enjoying this I just downloaded it and am getting ready to add first clone of my own. I like how instead of it being Giga Bowser its Red Alloy I have replaced Red Alloy with someone else thats ob Brawl Vault (Master Hand) but I was wondering if it was possible to be able to play as the other Alloys too. Like how with Wario I hold R and get Mario is it possible for me to change it to another Alloy and also be able to get the other Alloys by doing it with other characters or not? Thank you anyone for your time and sorry for the lengthyness of this post.
The game isn't supposed to load Alloys. This wasn't intentional so I doubt you can do that.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
What mods do you suggest to be used. I have BGG's Ganon, Ridley (duh), and Pichu. But all the other mods I find aren't made for Pm or is outdated.
Can you give me a link to BGG's Ganon cause I can't find it. But that might be cause I ain't looking hard enough.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what IDs peoples are using for their clones, but I find that starting after Waluigi is easiest. (Which would be ID 122 in decimal, or 7A in hex.) And the results screen has crashed on me so many times, so the most suspense I get in-game is when the results load....

Also, is anyone else getting the issue of too many costume slots in the CSS? My clones are getting like an addition 16 or so empty costume slots when selecting colors.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Not sure what IDs peoples are using for their clones, but I find that starting after Waluigi is easiest. (Which would be ID 122 in decimal, or 7A in hex.) And the results screen has crashed on me so many times, so the most suspense I get in-game is when the results load....

Also, is anyone else getting the issue of too many costume slots in the CSS? My clones are getting like an addition 16 or so empty costume slots when selecting colors.
I do every 5 just to make sure that i wont be using or messing with the wrong ids
60 65 70 75 etc.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Hey please answer.
Can someone give me a tutorial on how to give clones sounds
Like changing their directory to bosses or something
pls.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hey please answer.
pls.
Well you would have to port the character's sfx to the boss and change the Soundbank ID in the FighterConfig

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Hey please answer.
pls.
Working on that right now. I'm well familiar with the process, but it's going to take sometime until I get satisfying results. I'll get back to you and make a tutorial once I do. Just be aware that it's not a quick process, at all...

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else has done the same, haven't heard of it. Can't blame this build's developers for not doing Ridley's SFX, ahah.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
So are some ID's unusable? I have a character with an ID of 128 (80 in hex), but the CSS is not recognizing them. I have character ID's of 122-127 as well, did the same processes, and those guys turned out fine.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So are some ID's unusable? I have a character with an ID of 128 (80 in hex), but the CSS is not recognizing them. I have character ID's of 122-127 as well, did the same processes, and those guys turned out fine.
I really think they are.

EDIT: I made a video showing my problem (Recorded off my Phone) http://youtu.be/4QN8aotaz_E
If you want to know,
Lyn is 113
Smash 3 Ganon is 116
Knuckles is 42
Lucina is 123
I don't understand why this happens

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I really think they are.

EDIT: I made a video showing my problem (Recorded off my Phone) http://youtu.be/4QN8aotaz_E
If you want to know,
Lucina is 123
Wait a minute, IIRC Lucina was in Project M Unbound which uses a PM + BeX engine... could this be a sign of the return of Unbound? And before anyone asks, yes was (and still am) involved with it (Unbound), I helped with cosmetics and stuff and I can't wait to help them update their mod.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, maybe we should make a list of IDs that don't work.

No Problem.
Whoops I forgot to ask, whose Config Templates did you use for Lyn and STAGE CLEAR? I'm planning on using Tabuu and Porky respectively, although I'm kinda scared those won't work.

And are you having the issue where there's like an additional 18 or so null costume slots for the clone characters, in the CSS?

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
I really think they are.

If you want to know,
Lyn is 113
Smash 3 Ganon is 116
Knuckles is 42
Lucina is 123
I don't understand why this happens
I've been having them use the slots 130 140 150 160 etc. so it doesnt interfer with prexisting and Hard coded characters.

Can you tell me how to get a certain echidna working? When i look at the CSSSlot.config doesnt mewtwo and roy us 26 27 but when i look in the brawlex2.0.0.0 26 27 is snake and sonic.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hmm, maybe we should make a list of IDs that don't work.

Whoops I forgot to ask, whose Config Templates did you use for Lyn and STAGE CLEAR? I'm planning on using Tabuu and Porky respectively, although I'm kinda scared those won't work.

And are you having the issue where there's like an additional 18 or so null costume slots for the clone characters, in the CSS?
Pit and Sonic, or 113 (71) and 42 (2A)

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I've been having them use the slots 130 140 150 160 etc. so it doesnt interfer with prexisting and Hard coded characters.

Can you tell me how to get a certain echidna working? When i look at the CSSSlot.config doesnt mewtwo and roy us 26 27 but when i look in the brawlex2.0.0.0 26 27 is snake and sonic.
I took the contents from the ___ Build and added them in, Some of the stuff was occupied by Giga Bowser so I deleted them.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
WHAT NUMBER IS THAT? I looked in the brawlex2.0 it says 26 or 27 (cant remember)
But then i look in the brawlex+pm and isn't 26/27 mewtwo and roy?
The ID doesn't matter. For example, if we're adding STAGE CLEAR then we would take Sonic's ConfigTemplates from BrawlEX2.0, add them to the PM+EX build, then rename them to whatever ID your clone character has.

EDIT: Just to be clear, only get the Cosmetic and Slot templates from BrawlEX 2.0.

Edit 2: Too many commas.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Wait a minute, IIRC Lucina was in Project M Unbound which uses a PM + BeX engine... could this be a sign of the return of Unbound? And before anyone asks, yes was (and still am) involved with it (Unbound), I helped with cosmetics and stuff and I can't wait to help them update their mod.
Maybe, I doubt it.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
no....
I used something else...
The brawl ex config utility and opened the css roster
I've used it many times before (the last 3 characters) but now it did this
This seems pretty vague, but the issue shouldn't be BrawlExConfig. Did you edit sc_selcharacter.pac beforehand?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
no....
I used something else...
The brawl ex config utility and opened the css roster
I've used it many times before (the last 3 characters) but now it did this
Oh, I never edit the CSS with BrawlExConfigUtility because I know something would go wrong.

Top Bottom