• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Dom Rafael

Smash Rookie
Hi!
I'm new here, and I want to know:

1. Can I get answers here about other games, even about brawbox, custom musics? because I'm trying to edit Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special.

Peace

Dom Rafael

Smash Rookie
Hi.

I'he got to change the musics in NARUTO GEKITOU NINJA TAISEN SPECIAL, but some cut off, even with MKWII BRSAR BRSTM Patcher. Could someone wknow some thing, per chance?
Shalom

A Legend In The Making

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to make an animation in a different program and import it into brawlbox? If so, how would I go about it and what is the best 3d animation program to use?

Raffal

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, im looking for a project m with all characters with infinite jumps but i not found the code in ntsc-Us , i trying to edit a Motion.pac in brawlbox for get infinite or more jumps with characters but im confused please help, it is possible to add more jumps with brawlbox at any characters?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Code:
Infinite Jumps (Must be on) [James0x57]
C283CAA0 00000004
807900D8 80A30064
80A50020 80A5000C
A8850002 5484103E
7CA2212E 00000000
Hacked by Y.S. For NTSC-J, ported by . Thank you for the support, Y.S.!

P1 Infinite Jumps [James0x57]
48000000 805A9320
DE000000 80008180
14000004 00000001
E0000000 80008000

P2 Infinite Jumps [James0x57]
48000000 805A9324
DE000000 80008180
14000004 00000001
E0000000 80008000

P3 Infinite Jumps [James0x57]
48000000 805A9328
DE000000 80008180
14000004 00000001
E0000000 80008000

P4 Infinite Jumps [James0x57]
48000000 805A932C
DE000000 80008180
14000004 00000001
E0000000 80008000
While you could do infinite jumps via brawlbxo and PSA if you don't mind adding codes this'll do the trick for you

Raffal

Smash Rookie
hum i have my RSBE01 in codes folder, i open ocarina cheat code manager i whrite RSBE01 , Super smash bros brawl in correct place, i add "infinite jumps" at name. I put code in correct case i click on store modifications , data stored ! i repeat the operations for P1,P2,P3 and P4, i click on the case for activate the code , save as Gct , store to file "code.gct" i put it on deskop and my RSBE01 too and i open Mewtwo2000 tools : GCT fuzioner code and rsbe are succesly detected , i click on apply "code From codes.gct are succesly added to RSBE01" i put the deskop RSBE01 in codes folder on my sd . I launch project m with homebrew channel and..Fail i have no infinite jumps : / its so hard

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
hum i have my RSBE01 in codes folder, i open ocarina cheat code manager i whrite RSBE01 , Super smash bros brawl in correct place, i add "infinite jumps" at name. I put code in correct case i click on store modifications , data stored ! i repeat the operations for P1,P2,P3 and P4, i click on the case for activate the code , save as Gct , store to file "code.gct" i put it on deskop and my RSBE01 too and i open Mewtwo2000 tools : GCT fuzioner code and rsbe are succesly detected , i click on apply "code From codes.gct are succesly added to RSBE01" i put the deskop RSBE01 in codes folder on my sd . I launch project m with homebrew channel and..Fail i have no infinite jumps : / its so hard
Are the other codes working while the infinite jump isn't? Also kinda hard to tell but are you naming the new .gct file RSBE01? If not try that and see what happens

Raffal

Smash Rookie
Yes i trying to put other code in codes.gct like "Hide "Ready To Fight" Bar [Bully@Wiiplaza]" and he works but i have no infinite jumps and yeah the new gct is RSBE01.gct :/ i have a PAL wii and Iso of Brawl ntsc and i load project M with usb loader gx its correct or maybe its that the problem ?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
The code i gave you is for ntsc brawl which it seems you're using via ISO through usb loader gx correct?
You are adding all of the codes i gave right? If not that might be the problem

Raffal

Smash Rookie
yeah because other codes are okay. and i type evrything on your post but i have maybe find the problem, when i whrite the first code everythink is okay but when i click on other codes i have : "the codes have changed do you want to store them? this modification will only be done in application memory, your txt file wont be modified ! if you deny the codes will by dropped ! " i dont understand this and i click yes its good or?

Last edited:

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
It's basically asking if you want to save the modifications which i'd say yes for it.
Just curious what program are you using to create the gct file?

Hoth'Raka

Smash Rookie
So I'm having a weird issue. I can't get the game to display the Stage Selection icons. They just show x's over a blue square for every icon. Weird part is that the currently highlighted stage's name displays stretched out over all the icons. I have been replacing and making some stage selection icons, but I tried backing up the entire common5.pac to no avail. I haven't edited anything since I started poking around in common5, and it worked fine before I started working with it. It's as if some file randomly exploded for no reason and killed everything.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I tried to run an announcer call on SSBB, the video said I could a fresh new smashbros_sound.bstrar.

I downloaded it and EVERYTHING IS MESSED UP! Fanfares are left and right? HELP!

D

Deleted member

I have a question, how do I make something reflective?

I tried: Defensive Collision: 3 0 2

it did not work, does anyone know how i would simply make something reflective?

AeoreTroubadour

Smash Rookie
Question: How do I modify my Project M game files so I can revert modified moves back to their original Brawl versions.

I would like to know:

How to obtain the original game files so I can put it into my save of file of Project M.
What program I should use to modify the Project M files (or if its just as simple as replacing a file via Windows Explorer which files should I look for).
Specifically, I want to change Falco's Down Special from Project M's version back to Brawl's version and Marth's Shield Breaker from Project M's version back to Brawl's version. How would I go about doing this?

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
Can anyone please help me? My texture's have been working until today, when I noticed my pointer thingy (The hand used for selecting characters) turned black. Then most of my textures on characters went black/ not the correct colors and the same thing happened to my stages... I don't know what I have done, so can anyone please help me?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
So I'm having a weird issue. I can't get the game to display the Stage Selection icons. They just show x's over a blue square for every icon. Weird part is that the currently highlighted stage's name displays stretched out over all the icons. I have been replacing and making some stage selection icons, but I tried backing up the entire common5.pac to no avail. I haven't edited anything since I started poking around in common5, and it worked fine before I started working with it. It's as if some file randomly exploded for no reason and killed everything.
If anyone could help with this, I'm having a similar issue.
I'm trying to replace my Stage Select Icons (and names/pictures, eventually) and I've done so successfully before. Currently however, as soon as I add a single Icon to my common_5_en/selmap file (as long as it's small enough to not cause freezing), no icons appear (just the shadows) and the name of whatever stage I'm currently hovering over displays across all the icons. Name and Preview changing appear to work, but even a single icon added causes this problem. Everything else still works, however.

For reference, I'm doing the old fashioned iso-file-replacement method (my Wii is all sorts of screwed up, only option - yes I've tried) and testing Dolphin (though I have tested this on my Wii, same issue)

Anyone have any ideas?

Mr. Pancake

Smash Rookie
]My CSSs and CSPs are not showing up. The CSPs are in X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\common5_en.pac\sc_selcharacter_en\char_bust_tex_Iz77\MiscData[#]\textures on my SD card.

The custom textures and PSAs work, just not the pictures, stock icons, etc. I use Gecko OS with the File Patch Code to load content. I am using regular Brawl, not Project M, +, -, balanced, or the like. I tried removing the "_en" suffix, but it just froze my game as soon as I chose group Brawl. Anything outside of the common5 works fine.

EDIT: When I remove the "_en", it freezes when I select Group Brawl. I tested an unmodified common5.pac and it worked fine, which means there is something wrong with the CSPs. Help?

EDIT ONCE AGAIN: I have no idea what I did differently, but the CSPs are working fine now. Certain pictures (in-battle names/results screen pics/stock icons) still don't work, but that's probably my fault :)

Last edited:

HomicidalToaster

Smash Rookie
Question - Is it possible to have two different textures for a character's final smash?

By this I mean different textures depending on the color character you've chosen.
My current situation is that I have a Scourge texture in my game, but when he uses his final smash he becomes super Sonic.
I'm looking for a way to make it so his character's color specifically has a different final smash texture.
Basically I'm asking if I can have Super Scourge and Super Sonic depending on a pallet swap of Sonic.

Mother3Dude

Smash Rookie
PLEASE, PLEASE help me! Everytime I press sc_selcharacter_en and it crashes Brawlbox. I have Gecko OS along with Project M Patt edition. Please help. I love this game, and the game freezes when I press FIGHT!

Edit: Nevermind my game is fixed now.

Last edited:

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Why do I keep getting this error when I try to set BrawlBox as the default program for any of the file types like PA or PCS?
braw;.png

bigheadfrankie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2921-9306-9934
I need help again! When i place my model into brawlbox it doesn't appear. the model is a .dae (i think that's how you spell it). I did scale it, and i do have framework 3.5 or whatever it's called.

bigheadfrankie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2921-9306-9934
I need help again! When i place my model into brawlbox it doesn't appear. the model is a .dae (i think that's how you spell it). I did scale it, and i do have framework 3.5 or whatever it's called.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, BrawlBox/Brawl itself doesn't have great support for Blender models. At the very least you can't rig them, you'd need someone with 3ds Max for that. After that I don't really know much about model importing.

bigheadfrankie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2921-9306-9934
hen i try and load my custom character in project M the game freezes!

After i finished modding the .PAC/.PC file, I put it on my SD Card, replacing one of the mario costumes. I boot up project M and after i pick my modded costume, then i choose a stage. Once the stage loads, the first non modded character on screen does its entrance then, the whole game freezes! WHAT DID I DO WRONG??? :'(

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
When ever i load my custom character on brawl the game freezes when i start the stage. I'm confused of what i did wrong? Could someone tell me what i need to fix?

Here's a download link to the files.
https://mega.co.nz/#!VVBmyRxZ!uSYp14EKeDgXqE20jeM9rgv0O51bt1QbVFc2qJ9ckEg

https://mega.co.nz/#!1ZoAyC4B!C5Bcs099xwNyY779qOS3rZVUmbPRr2cNo9kZe7nb7fY
i swear they're 100% safe! Thanks!
You need to rig the model with bones. As it is, you're just providing the game a model it can do nothing with. You need to give your model the same bone structure as the original model has (including correctly naming the bones).

bigheadfrankie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2921-9306-9934
When i play my custom stages in project m the stage doesn't appear but the collisions load. What do i do? I'm using Brawlbox .67b.

JRojas1019

Smash Rookie
im trying to get help in applying the pikzers brawlex hack pack for my wii but somethings going wrong. I was wondering if you can please help me out? I have everything i need i believe. A copy of SSBB, 32gb sd card, hacked wii with homebrew, hombrew browser,gecko, & riivolution. I installed pikzers brawlex hack, un zipped it and passed it over to my sd card but sumthings going wrong pllllleease help!

Top Bottom