• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Photos

Smash Journeyman
How do I go about simply editing a character's textures?

I don't know where to start exactly and i cant find any guides... all i really want to do is mix a couple of already-made textures together, and do some color editing and save it.. is this possible? can anyone help me out?
FAQs and Help would be the place for this, but oh well. there's a program called brawlbox. It's on this page: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php

Open your character file w/ brawlbox, and find the textures file within. open it, and you can export the textures using the right click menu and also replace using the same method.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Just one more quick question, is there a way to remove select vertices?

For example one model I have right here has the right body type vertice I want, but has the wrong head type of vertice, is there a way for me to remove only the head vertice and restore it to the default one?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
That's your first vertex hack?

Wow dude. Great work. Make more of this level of quality.
I wouldn't really call it much quality since all that was changed aside from textures was the helmet.

I wanted to start simple and work my way up to better things. Or at least until I actually got ideas worth trying.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Just one more quick question, is there a way to remove select vertices?

For example one model I have right here has the right body type vertice I want, but has the wrong head type of vertice, is there a way for me to remove only the head vertice and restore it to the default one?
The singular of vertices is "vertex". :cry:

Until you get your terminology right, your question isn't exactly clear, but I'm guessing you mean to say can you combine parts from different vertex hacks? If so, then yeah, sure. The way I do it is to export the parts I want and re-import them over a fresh model. Some say DDVB1 can also be useful for transferring parts of vertex hacks, but I've heard it's hard to get working, so just stick with what you know.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
The singular of vertices is "vertex". :cry:

Until you get your terminology right, your question isn't exactly clear, but I'm guessing you mean to say can you combine parts from different vertex hacks? If so, then yeah, sure. The way I do it is to export the parts I want and re-import them over a fresh model. Some say DDVB1 can also be useful for transferring parts of vertex hacks, but I've heard it's hard to get working, so just stick with what you know.
Thats my question yeah, haha I thought that vertice was a special term to refer to the models but w/e. So I'm still a n00b to all this haha uhh, how exactly do I replace a vertex on Brawl Box? I go to ModelData and look through the Vertices and see all kinds of **** and I'm not sure which one is the one I want to remove, do "special" vertices have a certain name? The vertex I'm looking to remove is a head/hair vertex

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
heres some vertexed stuff

i -suppose- these won't really have much use to me at all so i'll just let other people finish them or plaster them to a model or something

all of them are in raw .max format and use the mk64n method (with some minor tweaks to the initial process but it likely won't hinder progress or anything)

prince peasley (tink)
princess shroob (peach)
president of hocotate (olimar)
balloon fighter i think (mario)

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
ok can someone help me out here? see about 5 months ago i was on a thread on here and it served as a .rel database and now i cant find it, can anybody give me a link to the thread plz

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Random question: One time I tried making a stage using the Parasite Queen as a background element, but the animations didn't really work. She stayed in the middle of the screen and the animations just stretched and mutilated some of her body parts (it was pretty gross to be honest). Was this a Brawlbox problem, and if so, have any of the newer versions fixed it?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Random question: One time I tried making a stage using the Parasite Queen as a background element, but the animations didn't really work. She stayed in the middle of the screen and the animations just stretched and mutilated some of her body parts (it was pretty gross to be honest). Was this a Brawlbox problem, and if so, have any of the newer versions fixed it?
I guess it would depend on how you used it. Did it replace an element in another stage, or was it just with the standard single animation with nothing else?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Uh-oh, I'm doing a vertex of more than just a helmet....

Now I'm glad Tigura kept bugging me to learn vertexing or else I'd probably never would've gotten into it.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Indeed she was, but on Zelda she's allowed to be more accurate in some aspects. Plus she's my favorite villainess, so there's that too :B

*Vertex and texture still WIP

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That's some good stuff right there.

Also, has anyone else noticed a lot of texture problems with the new BrawlBox? And while I'm at it, doesn't anyone know of any good cliff-like models with more than two bones?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Aesthetically speaking, that is looking good. Puts me in the mood to pick up the pace on my projects.

Edit: (collapsed for those that don't want to bother with me whining yet again.)
Which... refuse to load. I swear the universe must be against me.

Now that I finally have a video card again, I got back to working on stuff. However, the game has apparently decided not to let them load. I'm working on something for Bowser, that I got a head start on a while back. I went back to it today, but the moveset and animation files didn't change when I updated them. The game would only load the moveset from before, and the animations did absolutely nothing. So I resaved and replaced over and over, still nothing. So then I removed everything but the textures, and that changed back to the defaults. But, adding them back in still did nothing.

See what I mean? PLEASE tell me someone has an idea.

EDIT: Turns out the filesize magically went way up by just editing a few things. Oh well, I'll just shelve this project too.

In the meantime, I'm looking for what to use as a distant jungle. There don't seem to be any options other than placing every tree individually, and that eats up space like a black hole. D:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Aesthetically speaking, that is looking good. Puts me in the mood to pick up the pace on my projects.

Edit: (collapsed for those that don't want to bother with me whining yet again.)
Which... refuse to load. I swear the universe must be against me.

Now that I finally have a video card again, I got back to working on stuff. However, the game has apparently decided not to let them load. I'm working on something for Bowser, that I got a head start on a while back. I went back to it today, but the moveset and animation files didn't change when I updated them. The game would only load the moveset from before, and the animations did absolutely nothing. So I resaved and replaced over and over, still nothing. So then I removed everything but the textures, and that changed back to the defaults. But, adding them back in still did nothing.

See what I mean? PLEASE tell me someone has an idea.

EDIT: Turns out the filesize magically went way up by just editing a few things. Oh well, I'll just shelve this project too.

In the meantime, I'm looking for what to use as a distant jungle. There don't seem to be any options other than placing every tree individually, and that eats up space like a black hole. D:
Hmm are you using riivoulution or Gecko? cuz I remember that bowser's motionect. messes up in riivoulution

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Hmm are you using riivoulution or Gecko? cuz I remember that bowser's motionect. messes up in riivoulution
Gecko. I'm pretty sure it's the file size anyway, I might go back and import everything into a new file to see if that helps.

And scratch the jungle thing, now I need a mountainous shape.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Like a single mountain as in the one in the Smash Skiff background or numerous mountains?
I actually found something since posting and forgot to mention it. Odd that you mention the Smash Skiff though, I already used that one in the stage.

Now I need a rectangular platform. And there's rope, and some sails, maybe a rock or two...

I'm not telling why. >w>

mariodk

Smash Ace
who like Gotenks check this:
Wait1/vertex (not by me but jokekid the wait1 animation is by me):

Side-B animation (Galactic Donut):

more previews come then i am done with revamp from Lucas-ish bad vertex of Gotenks to this one

if i was more skilled at animations/PSA then i started on Goku first version i will have did Gotenks instead in my option Gotenks or Kid gohan is the best from DBZ(not DB or DBGT) to join brawl
but we all know Kid goku (DB) will be the best to join SSB if any Dragonball/Z/GT Char.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Rectangle and rock: Stage builder
Rope: Shiek's chain
Sail: Mario's cape
The chain and cape should be perfect, but I can't use SB parts since they would need at least two bones (the moving platforms aren't the right shape and SB parts seem to have a history with lighting glitches). I'm pretty sure I can get something from Rumble Falls for the platforms anyway.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Eh, perfect is overrated. Still looks really good.

Also, I need someone to test this stage I've been working on/mentioning lately. I didn't reveal it yet because of my unfortunate tendency to make a big deal out of something and then can it, screwing over anyone that was actually interested. But this one is getting relatively close to finished (save for a few minor tweaks and embellishments).

However, I forgot to test it sooner like an idiot, so I have no idea if it will work. The file size is reasonable, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would cause problems. But the anticipation kills me I don't have time at the moment to try it out myself.

The link is here and I have a Brawl Box preview below, although I don't get what's up with the new rendering. The collisions and textures haven't even been started yet, so right now it will look a little wonky. Should be easy enough to tell what it is though, it isn't exactly obscure.

Top Bottom