• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

mariodk

Smash Ace
yeah thats sucks
and i dont think kid goku vertex dont getting a revamp if i dont do it but my 3ds max 8 dont working and i needing it if the moveset is going to be over Ness too

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Why don't you link Lucas and Goku by the origin bones and rename all of Goku's bones to Lucas's? Does that even work?

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
yes its goku over snake but can be bardock by texturing
well, vertex its finished but i need a texturer who can help me...
oh, i thought it was bardock because he has a head band in his hair kinda like snake does, except his is red, and the armor he has on, looks kind of like his sjn armor.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
So does anyone, specifically Mewtwo2000, know exactly how to remove normals on character models? I know then can be hexxed, but I am not sure which values to mod, and to what.

mariodk

Smash Ace
my newest work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=579_oPDan-4
Finnaly has Fire mario joined Brawl for real :D
afew new Fire attacks instead just add Fire hit effect on all attacks and nothing changed for gameplay
N-B: SMBZ Fireball(only one charging level nothing else worked)
Side-B: normal Fireball
Down-B: Mario Fire Tornado
up-Smash: same as SMBZ mario moveset but with Fire
up-taunt: Fire Flower(you take 10% dmg for get that item)

rest attacks is added Fire hit effect/GFX

DL link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20141

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm sure some of you remember this old hack-in-progress of mine.

Looks great so far, right? WELL the thing that drove me to a halt is, well... Basically I have two versions of AiS lying around. One exports with textures (came with MK64n's pack) and one doesn't (came with DDVB2 i think). The one that doesn't works absolutely fine for me when it comes to patching using DDVB2, but the one that does export textures will just NOT patch no matter what I do. Since this was done with that version I can't export it at all. That's the main reason I haven't released this despite it being almost done.

As for the feet, well, the thing is, I got overly ambitious with my Cammy hack and making the face absolutely perfect and I think i broke my brain because since then I just haven't been able to deal with vertex hacking since then. All those vertices are freaking scary.

Here's a picture of that btw:

Keeping in mind that for whatever reason my SF4 model rip (right) is mirrored

I started it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before that Cammy vertexture was made but I just haven't been able to finish the face (I've barely attempted to make the eyes look good) and I've had a lot of trouble with the hair too, and even more trouble with the hat (I just can't work out how to turn her fringe into a hat because I'm not elite enough). I was also going to vertex edit the body, which shouldn't be too bad except for the HIGHLY UNDETAILED FOREARMS!

Is there anyone out there who can help me finish these hacks?

Also how well is Yoshi when it comes to patching his entire model?
EDIT: Not good, in fact terrible... But maybe useable

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Recently, I've been using Reddit, and have noticed Brawl does not have a very good representation there. So, I thought I'd start a subreddit for Brawl. Please go look at it, and please contribute your works or Smash interests!

http://www.reddit.com/r/brawling/

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
what does that have to do with Brawlbox?

and i now claim this thread in the name of Ultraxwing Country and all shall follow RULE.1

1.don't post non brawlbox related things in the brawlbox section... FAYULL.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
So does anyone, specifically Mewtwo2000, know exactly how to remove normals on character models? I know then can be hexxed, but I am not sure which values to mod, and to what.
Mmm... Let's see, you can't remove them, but edit them. Also, the flag6 in the materials changes the way the model is affected by light (we could say that's something similar to remove the normals), and the flag3 changes somehow the group of lights that affect the model. Also, there are the normals themselves, that can be seen in brawlbox, but not edited. You can edit them by hexing, yeah, but you must know what they're for first.

Basically, think of small vectors associated with the polygons in your model. Each vector points to the X,Y,Z direction whose light would be maxium. I mean, if your model has a (0,1,0) normal, it will be fully lightened when a light comes from the above (Y axis). If you edited it to (1,1,1), the lightness would be maxium when the light comes from that point in the space.

With that said, I guess there's no normal edition good enough to make a character to look fine with any lighting. Sometimes it would look good, and sometimes it would look too dark.

So, try to edit the flag6 and flag3 in the materials and make a test-and-fail. You might get good results with a high flag6.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Thank you very much Mewtwo_2000! Very helpful, I will try that!

Mariodk, would you be interested in releasing my Goku revamp with your moveset, upon completion?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah I think I'm gonna run into problems with normals with my current vertex hack (provided I can finish it) too so it'll be nice to know how to fix that issue.

mariodk

Smash Ace
Thank you very much Mewtwo_2000! Very helpful, I will try that!

Mariodk, would you be interested in releasing my Goku revamp with your moveset, upon completion?
i want to see it first :D

but one revamp i wanted more to see
Gotenks+Kid goku´s head so they dont look too much lucas-ish but more dragonball styled
too bad i can´t self vertex since my 3ds max 8 not working anymore before i format my PC :(

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
@Mewtwo, is there anyway to make it so that the lighting and all that is like that of Marvel VS Capcom 3? All inked and such? I reallly like that effect.

@Mewtwo, is there anyway to make it so that the lighting and all that is like that of Marvel VS Capcom 3? All inked and such? I reallly like that effect.
That's actually how the characters are textured in MvC3, its a model effect. On that note, I really wish somebody would make The Danger Room. It would be relatively easy, compared to more ambitious stages. Man, Mewtwo would probably make is look sexy as hell.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Back in Black!

Black (FE: Path of Radiance) over Ganondorf

For my first hack in months, I decided to make the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I also included a Radiant Dawn version (the back of his cape is black).

I didn't mess with any bones so it should work fine on wifi.
Credit to the joker (jokekid) for sending me his official model to use as reference.

CSP and Battle Portrait included

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, it seems editing flags 3 and or 6 have a visible effect, but not great enough to remedy the problem. I may have to either come up with a crafty solution or figure out how to edit the normals themselves, unless anyone else has a good solution.

EDIT: Very nice, Gengar. :D

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I neeeeeed helpppp. Is there anyway to make a texture invisible? like just one? I need to make an eyebase invisible while still keeping the eyelid/iris visible. Its all under the eyeL in the materials, so i can't just make it type 3.

i need it so i can release petey without him have a giant black box around his leaves ;-;

Ive tried a bunch of different things but i can't seem to get anything to work.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I neeeeeed helpppp. Is there anyway to make a texture invisible? like just one? I need to make an eyebase invisible while still keeping the eyelid/iris visible. Its all under the eyeL in the materials, so i can't just make it type 3.
Have you tried materials?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You quoted a sentence that said he HAS tried.

I've always wondered about that though. Isn't it something to do with the texture format? Is there a way we can change the format without causing any issues?

That's amazing btw. I can't even tell who it's over... I have a few guesses but they seem far-fetched

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
You quoted a sentence that said he HAS tried.

I've always wondered about that though. Isn't it something to do with the texture format? Is there a way we can change the format without causing any issues?

That's amazing btw. I can't even tell who it's over... I have a few guesses but they seem far-fetched
its over wario

anivernage

Smash Apprentice

i need it so i can release petey without him have a giant black box around his leaves ;-;

Ive tried a bunch of different things but i can't seem to get anything to work.
have you tried this?:

the selected is the eye base, i think, just instead of 0, add 3 in all unknows, etc. only on the selected.
but in eyeL,R eye yellow have that tex, so make this in all.
i tried adding 0 like in the pic and its totaly visible(the iris and eyelid dissapears), i think if you add 3 only in that texture, dissapears.
or try other numbers: 1,2,etc. i only test with 0.....

hope helps somehow
also, awesome vertex :bee:

Top Bottom