• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Good job, my friend.

What do you guys think of Jill's beret? It's really the best I could do..out of hair. A lot of vertices kept messing up, and I just gave up after working non-stop on it. I also made the hair.

Don't ask me why the texture is glitched on the hair, it's 3ds Max.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/3926/beret.png

Edit: Done!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9947/jillfinal.png

Next vertex hack

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8697/hohoho.png

Don't worry, if you know who it is, I made the back of the hair in a minute or so, because I'm tired. Good night everyone.

Now i really want to see other characters that appeared in marvel vs capcom 2 such as strider >.>
very nice though.
Any idea when we will get a jill release?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks Mewtwo. And Ninka_Kiwi, I'll try to patch her on ZSS, but I always have issues doing so. If it works properly, I'll make alternate textures and then release it as a package. If it doesn't work, well, I sent it to StarWaffle so he could do it with his own method. I only know of the patching one.

Edit: Unless I'm blind, I don't see anything related to opacity. I found a few buttons related to alpha, and even if they're checked, the texture still is black.

Anyway, I'm almost done with the right (left on the picture) foot. The texture is so small, so I might have to resize it. But, 3ds Max also makes textures crappier.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It should be where the glosiness and other things are. I don't have it here right now to tell you the exact name or showing you a picture, sorry ^^U

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
@bigsharkz
well actually I think mariokart made an update to his method which made it so you no longer had to patch...
Just so you know for your next stuff you make. Good luck with patching Jill though can't wait to try her out :D
(one of my favorite resident evil characters and One of my mains in marvel vs capcom 2)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Weird, Mewtwo_2000, I must be computer blind. I really do not see it. I see Opacity, though.

I know about that, Ninka_Kiwi, but the patching method is the only one I don't have issues with, unless I double patch..

As for Jill, thanks. I will recolor her into her MvC2 outfit, and maybe make her infected to semi-look like a zombie or something.

Also, progress on Tron Bonne's boots, I finished the left one, I think.

Edit: Slowly making progress.

n64billy

Smash Ace
BSZ... Mariokarts method is the method I learnt, and then taught to Starwaffle, who is now doing things for you, even though last week I was doing things for him... irony?\

Anywho, here is the video tutorial he made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk

In it, he also explains how **** easy double patching is using that method.... give it a watch and see if you can get it.... it's REEEEAAAALLLLYYYY easy to do once you do it the first time...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, I'll take a look at it, altough I hate video tutorials in general. Takes forever to do one step that I could do in a few seconds, and text tutorials, to me, are more clear and easy to follow.

Also, I made two different eye styles for Tron Bonne. I will maker two textures for her. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 style, and Artwork style. Maybe I will also make her Legends style too.

I post too much progress..

One side of the arm done, one side of the side hair done. This is complicated.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
After what seemed like forever, Xemnas is finally out! I must say, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That looks cool, but I hate Kingdom Hearts. Hope you'll understand. Nice work, though.

Also, even more progress.

The hair and face are pretty hard to edit.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thanks. It's fine if you don't like Kingdom Hearts, everybody's entitled to their opinions. Either way, I think this is probably my best hack yet.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Thanks. It's fine if you don't like Kingdom Hearts, everybody's entitled to their opinions. Either way, I think this is probably my best hack yet.
Gengar this hack is amazing!!! I havent stopped playing as him since I downloaded him..infact im gunna go play as him right nao *zips away*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
After what seemed like forever, Xemnas is finally out! I must say, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

There you are Aafyre! :3

Nice work again on Xemnas, absolutely love it. XD Considering you're exceptionally well at vertex hacking, you should try to apply for the Workshop Developer's Corner too. :3

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@TommoPuppy

That is what I had done in the beginning (By editing with the Side camera) , but I didn't like how they ended, and the right side of each foot had been messed up. I prefer to work on one at a time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Peach can be troublesome to vertex edit, considering that you may end up with holes around the eye lids if you're not careful with the face.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
That looks cool, but I hate Kingdom Hearts. Hope you'll understand. Nice work, though.

Also, even more progress.

The hair and face are pretty hard to edit.
YHES. I approve this hack in the name of all MML. BTW did you know they added her back into Marvel Vs Capcom 3?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
There you are Aafyre! :3

Nice work again on Xemnas, absolutely love it. XD Considering you're exceptionally well at vertex hacking, you should try to apply for the Workshop Developer's Corner too. :3
You can apply for a Workshop developer status?

Where can I do this?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I only know you can for sure use opacity maps. Maybe you can fake it by making a copy of your texture with a transparency, make a black layer below it (instead of alpha layer) and somehow make the rest of the texture white. It wont work anyway like that in brawl though.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
...Try looking around for more than thirty seconds.
IT'S STICKIED.
ok thanks for telling me/being an *** in the process

And I'm not quite sure if textures can show up transparent in Max, BSZ, because I'm not positive on whether the model retains the transparent materials that make parts of the model shown transparent as seen in Brawlbox.

Unless I'm wrong, and someone has stated that it is in fact possible.

EDIT: It's not even stickied in this forum. Can somebody just link me to the thread. :L

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
-press "m" to bring up the materials editor
-press the "pick material from object" selector (droplet tool)
-click in the viewport on the part the texture is applied to (so like the face if you want to change the face texture)
-now, minimize some of the parameters boxes to clear things up and maximize the maps box
-click on the "none" box next to "opacity", select bitmap and find your opacity texture (or just drag it onto the box from an explorer window).
-now you have to edit the map tiling, if you selected bitmap and manually found the file that way, it should have already opened to another set of properties with coordinates and whatnot. if not, click on the map name that replaced the none in the box next to the opacity map.
-if i can remember correctly, check real world properties then change the size to 1 for both width and height

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

This will be Tron Bonne (At about 80% completion), when I will be done making each sides I didn't do.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
EDIT: It's not even stickied in this forum. Can somebody just link me to the thread. :L
Hrm... It seems kind of logical that an application thread for the Back Room Workshop would be in the... Workshop Forum!?

Here's a visual cue.

If you still can't find it I can give you a map. Maybe a walkthrough video on Youtube.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Alrighty, my latest stage (which for all intents and purposes will be referred to as "Magma Shaft" until a better name is thought of) is coming along very smoothly. It's nearing the final stages, and the only thing still needed is a final texture and some finished collisions; maybe an easter egg too, depending on the file size.

The lighting makes it hard to see things in the distance, but it looks fine during gameplay.

Y'know, aside from the glitchy flag. That's the black stick on the right there.

One thing I made it a point to accomplish; this stage is completely panoramic. When it's finished, it should look finished from all angles. For example, the stage has frequent shrapnel flying across the screen. But, instead of just hanging in midair off-screen...

Each individual piece can be seen careening down the shaft at any point in time, dissolving in the magma and instantly warping back to the left. Talk about tedious to animate.

I'm going to add some more background objects later on (file size pending) to make it more interesting.

zeno503

Smash Rookie
It really is good, you even did a stellar job with the face and his expressions.

Any way we could persuade you to do Sephiroth? :3
^ I second this. It's really funny cause today as I was playing as Xemnas I fought against Sephiroth and I imagined them talking about who's hair is better and all that long hair guy stuff and I was like wait why hasn't sephiroth been updated yet. So YES, consider revamping Sephiroth please.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I made a poll on my thread in the vertex section of KCMM and at ESH about which character I should work on next. The options are Ansem, Axel, Frog, Saix, Sephiroth, Zegram, and Zexion. Check out one of those polls so I can know which character people want me to work on most. I'm Aafyre on both sites by the way.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I made a poll on my thread in the vertex section of KCMM and at ESH about which character I should work on next. The options are Ansem, Axel, Frog, Saix, Sephiroth, Zegram, and Zexion. Check out one of those polls so I can know which character people want me to work on most. I'm Aafyre on both sites by the way.
AXELAXELAXELAXELAXEL OH GOD PLEASE AXEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, cool. My votes for Axel. :lick:

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty, my latest stage (which for all intents and purposes will be referred to as "Magma Shaft" until a better name is thought of) is coming along very smoothly. It's nearing the final stages, and the only thing still needed is a final texture and some finished collisions; maybe an easter egg too, depending on the file size.

The lighting makes it hard to see things in the distance, but it looks fine during gameplay.

Pic1

Y'know, aside from the glitchy flag. That's the black stick on the right there.

One thing I made it a point to accomplish; this stage is completely panoramic. When it's finished, it should look finished from all angles. For example, the stage has frequent shrapnel flying across the screen. But, instead of just hanging in midair off-screen...

Pic2
Each individual piece can be seen careening down the shaft at any point in time, dissolving in the magma and instantly warping back to the left. Talk about tedious to animate.

I'm going to add some more background objects later on (file size pending) to make it more interesting.
Nice job. The other screenshots looked good. This'll definitely go on my SD card.
Replied so he won't be ignored and RAGE

Top Bottom