• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Fen__

Smash Ace
I could, but it would just get ignored anyway. So, the picture will have to suffice.
That's logical. Several people give it attention, making guesses and asking for explanation, so it's obvious they wouldn't care to know.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Don't forget the people that don't post here and just lurk from time to time. I myself saw the picture, but I didn't comment on it. It doesn't mean I don't care about it, though. I'm also wondering.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
that whirl wind thing would be SO aweome of it was the edited version of mario's fire pillar fire smash. atleeast if it's touched up version, or is it an aura?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That's logical. Several people give it attention, making guesses and asking for explanation, so it's obvious they wouldn't care to know.
Then explain how 9/10 questions I ask go unanswered, regardless of where or who I asked, and no one noticed when I said I wasn't going to post here anymore and started asking "Hey, where did Raz go?" The only reason I'm back is that I believe in second chances, odd a statement as that may be.

So ex-cuse me for wanting to be appreciated on more than 1/20 occasions.

Also:

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Then explain how 9/10 questions I ask go unanswered, regardless of where or who I asked, and no one noticed when I said I wasn't going to post here anymore and started asking "Hey, where did Raz go?" The only reason I'm back is that I believe in second chances, odd a statement as that may be.

Also:
*Large Picture*

*Another Large Picture*
I don't even understand what you are showing. Only if you explain what you are working on, we can see the significance in your work. If you're not going to give information on your creations with awkward, glitchy looking pictures, then why show it at all?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace

Also:

That *cough* um, might've been me....who....asked.

And why are the textures all messed up? seems like an easy fix.

You also deserve +30 exp. for making chrome mecha-raquaza.

Fen__

Smash Ace

I remember you saying that you were going to stop posting about it, and, if I recall correctly, one or two people commented on that. I hate to break it to you, but there will always be people who don't pay much attention and will comment with stupid questions. It is nothing exclusive to your work; it happens in every thread, on every board, about every subject possible. Also, just because someone doesn't make a post doesn't mean they did not see what you posted. That not only goes for you work but your questions as well. Honestly, I don't think I've seen you post questions very often, but I can say the following:

1. Questions get asked here (in Customized Content) a lot, even if this isn't really the place for it. If someone's going to respond to questions, considering that we have to synthesize quotes from multiple posts ourselves, I think it would be easy to respond to one person and forget that there were other questions amidst them.

2. Something you need to acknowledge is that you're one of the more informed people here. There are a lot of people that make things, but few users actually understand what they're doing with any level of depth or in a scope beyond their small area of learning. You've done pretty much every type of mod currently available to this game, including strange animation edits to make some really creative things. Considering this, I'd say it's probably fairly likely that people will simply be in the same boat as you and not know when you have a question, hence not reply.

3. Not everyone reads all of the posts since their last visit to the thread. I'm admittedly guilty of this sometimes, too. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that most people that view the thread even only look for posts with images.

All of these things considered, the people that actually post here regularly make a pretty small group, and in relevant skills, you're above most of them, so not being able to rely on others' help is something you'll frequently have to deal with. Of course, I made the assumption that your missed questions have been here. If they've been in the Help forum, then that's a different deal, but I think a lot of similar things can be said, even adding that most people who could answer your questions probably don't bother going to the help forum since they would likely only be answering, not asking. I'm sorry if you feel overlooked for some reason, but I think your fame in the community and probably your download counts (I haven't checked) would contradict you.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

Also:

lol raz, Don't think people will change from reading that post and suddenly comment on everything you put on here. Heck if what your saying is true, no one will even read that post and things will remain unchanged.

If you are only in this for the praise, don't think you are doing any of us any favors by coming back here to post.

There are a ton of people who LOVE your work (me included) but when you say things like that it makes it hard to like you, and your work.

and btw that reminds me of a megazord!!

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
starwaffle, so ridely is gonna be released next Tuesday for sure right?

EDIT*sweet really looking forward to ridley, starwaffle.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I don't even understand what you are showing. Only if you explain what you are working on, we can see the significance in your work. If you're not going to give information on your creations with awkward, glitchy looking pictures, then why show it at all?
Because I want to, and it's a teaser. I don't like spoiling it. What's the fun if I tell you right off the bat it's
Poke Floats 2
and
... whatever I decide to call the second one
?

(huge post)
Frankly, the fact that I had my mini-breakdown here is a matter of coincidence, I knew it would happen somewhere. I tend to blend in pretty much wherever I go, so the pile was eventually going to topple anyway.

If you are only in this for the praise, don't think you are doing any of us any favors by coming back here to post.

There are a ton of people who LOVE your work (me included) but when you say things like that it makes it hard to like you, and your work.
Assuming I'm that narcissistic is almost insulting.

If I was in it for the praise, I wouldn't even be here. You can get an ego stroke pretty much anywhere. What I'm looking for is feedback from other people in the same field as a source of evaluation. In doing so, I can improve current and future hacks by either getting different perspectives or new information.

Well, you wanna know what I'm doing, then...

Remind anyone of Star Fox 64?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Looks very awesome, Razanak.

Well, I got back to vertex hacking, this is a old one I started before..

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Hot d@mn. Too bad I don't care for RE, otherwise I would be all over that.

BTW, that picture I posted earlier is already obsolete, I replaced Entei's fire with Norfair's lava. It looks much better now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, Razanak, and Resident Evil is a really great series.

And that's awesome, a friend of mine has the MH3 ISO, you could maybe replace Entei's model with a dragon model or something. I'd download it right away.

Edit: Body's done.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, and perhaps in the future, yes. I want to make Faith and Chell on ZSS first, though. I also want to make two characters I won't reveal yet. Hint: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Spiked Bat.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
:3

Lava and background move, and various shrapnel flies in the background, foreground and across the stage itself. Needless to say, it's kind of hectic.

humble

Smash Ace
Thanks, and perhaps in the future, yes. I want to make Faith and Chell on ZSS first, though.
I was not expecting that someone would make a good version of one of my favorite games (and by extension the character featured in it) this is awesome, maybe when it's finished I'll finally do that Faith PSA I've always wanted to do.

@Raz- you're one of my favorite hackers, I follow all of your posts and projects; I remember when you said you would stop posting, I replied, I remember from way back when you first started hacking (my username was probably Shinyspoon42 back then though) anyway, don't let people get you down, you do great work and a lot of people love what you post. I'll personally make it a point to respond any time you post, so please post more and don't get too dejected!

I like the new stages, can't wait to see more from the boss pack as well!

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/lincoln_awesome.jpg

EDIT: Found a more relevant pic.
http://images.4chan.chan4chan.com/r/src/1284433738481.png (Click to View)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Good job, my friend.

What do you guys think of Jill's beret? It's really the best I could do..out of hair. A lot of vertices kept messing up, and I just gave up after working non-stop on it. I also made the hair.

Don't ask me why the texture is glitched on the hair, it's 3ds Max.

Edit: Done!

Next vertex hack:

Don't worry, if you know who it is, I made the back of the hair in a minute or so, because I'm tired. Good night everyone.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8697/hohoho.png

Don't worry, if you know who it is, I made the back of the hair in a minute or so, because I'm tired. Good night everyone.
TRON BONNE! <3 YES!

Which reminds me, I should somehow get my Servbot over Peach's Toad not appearing in the middle of the stage :/

Razanak7

Smash Ace
@Raz- you're one of my favorite hackers, I follow all of your posts and projects; I remember when you said you would stop posting, I replied, I remember from way back when you first started hacking (my username was probably Shinyspoon42 back then though) anyway, don't let people get you down, you do great work and a lot of people love what you post. I'll personally make it a point to respond any time you post, so please post more and don't get too dejected!

I like the new stages, can't wait to see more from the boss pack as well!

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/lincoln_awesome.jpg

EDIT: Found a more relevant pic.
http://images.4chan.chan4chan.com/r/src/1284433738481.png (Click to View)
That pic made my already awesome day better. Which is weird, considering I just came from school. Well, I went to Dairy Queen after, but the point still stands.

I'm done the bulborb! imma call him bulbasaur... wait wat.
i c wut u did thar.

Which reminds me, I should somehow get my Servbot over Peach's Toad not appearing in the middle of the stage :/
If you figure that out, let me know. I'm having the same problem.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
TommoPuppy, I plan on making Toad a Servbot by vertex hacking him.

@Dpgthirteen

Did you see the latest trailer? What about the picture above?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
No problem. Any of you know how transparency works in 3ds Max? Peach's dress shows up as black.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
No problem. Any of you know how transparency works in 3ds Max? Peach's dress shows up as black.
Alpha/opacity channel. Just get the same image and select the alpha so the transparent things in the texture get transparent in the render.

I guess there's a little button in materials, next to 'opacity'.

Top Bottom